Presenting a cruise for Christmas!

rockchk31

I revealed the surpise cruise I booked and paid for for my boyfriend and I just last week- I ended up getting a letter board and spelling it out on there with a picture of the ship etc- put the board back in the box it came in and wrapped that up (it was his anniversary/Christmas gift) - went down a treat! 

image.jpg

Edited by Sugarlift
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rockchk31 said:

Hi, I have just booked a mini cruise on the Independence for August 2019. I am wanting to surprise my husband and daughter with it on Christmas Day! Does anybody have any suggestions on how I could present it to them? 

Photo of the cruise ship in a card.

The pegboard looks fab! Might try a little of each of your ideas with pictures and a ship ornament...want it to be special, it will be my daughters first cruise so I can’t wait to see her face Christmas morning...exciting!

5 hours ago, rockchk31 said:

The pegboard looks fab! Might try a little of each of your ideas with pictures and a ship ornament...want it to be special, it will be my daughters first cruise so I can’t wait to see her face Christmas morning...exciting!

What about a pink sparkly lanyard, or one with unicorns or whatever she loves, with the cruise ship/date in holder, and put it in her stocking?

When we came back from our first cruise in 1998, we decided our children had to experience this type of vacation. We bought 3 white sand dollar Xmas ornaments and wrote 1999 on each one.  They each opened their ornament box on Xmas and their expressions were "what the heck?!! Then you should have seen the joy when we said we are all cruising together in June! We have been bitten by the cruise bug and so has our 3 children who are now in their 30's!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LUVINMYHUBS said:

What about a pink sparkly lanyard, or one with unicorns or whatever she loves, with the cruise ship/date in holder, and put it in her stocking?

That's exactly how we're surprising our daughter for Christmas!

Great minds think alike. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BCirlin said:

That's exactly how we're surprising our daughter for Christmas!

Great minds think alike. 😉

Awww! That's going to be so awesome! What fun to be at your house this year at Christmas.   BEST.  CHRISTMAS.  EVER. ❤️

We are taking our grandkids and their parents on a Christmas cruise. Sending the grandkids a huge card that says do not open until Christmas. On the way to the pier in NY 12/21 (the grandkids will know by then they are going on a road trip but will think they are visiting us in FL) they will be allowed to open the card which will include photos of the Anthem, Flowrider, bumper cars, waterpark at Atlantis, etc. Topping off the surprise, when they board Anthem, my wife and I will be be onboard.

We did this last Christmas for a family cruise we took in June on the Harmony.  The adults were aware as needed to be able to 

get off work, but the 5 grandchildren had no clue.  We kept it secret for over a year.  We bought each couple & all the grandchildren new luggage, lanyards, luggage tags, RCI tags for their stateroom #'s, onboard room decorations & brownie

delivery day of boarding.

In the kids luggage there was a picture of the ship and a countdown calendar.

The whole present reveal started as a treasure hunt for the kids.  We had great fun & none of them guessed it was a cruise.

It was a fun Christmas & an awesome cruise.  For boarding day we had matching tshirts with everyones name on them.

22 hours ago, LUVINMYHUBS said:

That is exactly what I did for a BD cruise one year for a granddaughter. Pink with bling fake diamonds all over the lanyard and a pic of the ship on one side and the cabin pic and # on the other side of the little holder. Placed it is a fancy gift bag with some foiled tissue and it was a great surprise. be sure to have your camera ready!

When we surprised our boys with one a couple of years ago,  we bought them gifts that when opened were told they were clues to their big gift.  We bought snorkel sets,  a suitcase,  swim trunks, things like that.  Then for their "big" gift I made a photo slide show that showed a  picture of an airplane and said we will take this to get there,  then a picture of Florida with a pin on the cruise port,  we then did pictures of things we would do on each port with out telling them where those things were,  then the last slide had a picture of the cruise ship and we said and this is where we will be staying.  After the excitement died down slightly we then continued the slide show with pictures of the ship and things we would do while on it. 

Make them each a stocking filled with cruise stuff and at the bottom print out on card stock a picture of the ship what you added the name and date to like a postcard.  Stocking fillers could be travel size toiletries, lanyard, ornament, luggage tags, passport cover, etc.

I did this many years ago. I did a scavenger hunt and at the end had the cruise brochure with the page of the ship marked and our cabin circled. That was when there were brochures. My youngest daughter cried when she saw it saying we would hit an iceberg and sink. I told her we were leaving from FL, so no icebergs. She was still nervous, but had a good time once onboard.