Anyone order a bottle of champagne for sail away?

zitsky

I'm tempted to order a bottle of champagne for sail away despite the ridiculous price.  But since I won't get access to the cabin for a few hours I wonder if it will be cold when I get to the room.  When do they normally deliver it and will it be on ice?

I'm on the Sun if it matters.  And I have no status, in a Balcony room (BA).  I don't remember when I get into the cabin.  I am on a transfer that gets to the ship around 2pm.  I think sail away is 5pm.

If there are better options to get alcohol I'm all ears.  I thought going to the Champagne Bar but it would be nice to have it in the cabin.  (Looking for Veuve Clicquot, my personal favorite.)

22 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

Is this your first time on NCL? Latitudes members get a bottle of sparking wine in the stateroom.

Yes absolutely first time on NCL.  I assume you join Latitudes after your first trip?

We use to always buy bottled of Dom and bring them onboard with us and then it turned out that it was within $5.00 of just purchasing once you get onboard, either way though all you need to do is stop by any of the bars and ask for a Champagne bucket and glasses, occasionally some of the smaller side bars will say they do not have any so normally I just go to the 6th floor to the large bar and they always have plenty available. You can also request it from room service and they are normally fairly quick but you are taking a chance on not having it chill long enough.

On 12/6/2018 at 3:07 PM, dcipjr said:

Is this your first time on NCL? Latitudes members get a bottle of sparking wine in the stateroom.

Imho, that stuff is really awful.  You might use it to make a mimosa, but drinking it straight?  Yuck.   And the OP was specific about champagne.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Driberif1 said:

We use to always buy bottled of Dom and bring them onboard with us and then it turned out that it was within $5.00 of just purchasing once you get onboard, either way though all you need to do is stop by any of the bars and ask for a Champagne bucket and glasses, occasionally some of the smaller side bars will say they do not have any so normally I just go to the 6th floor to the large bar and they always have plenty available. You can also request it from room service and they are normally fairly quick but you are taking a chance on not having it chill long enough.

Where are you getting champagne at cost?  NCL?  The price for Veuve Clicquot is 2-3x the retail price.  I didn't know Dom was an option.  Maybe you're referring to another cruise line?

3 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Yes! Every cruise we have a bottle of Veuve ready for us. It is cold and in an ice bucket ready to go! Nothing better than being on your balcony or at sail away with a glass of champagne IMHO!

Ok.  I think you've convinced me, LOL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Where are you getting champagne at cost?  NCL?  The price for Veuve Clicquot is 2-3x the retail price.  I didn't know Dom was an option.  Maybe you're referring to another cruise line?

Princess perhaps? I’ve never seen Dom on NCL, only Veuve. 

1293B710-8323-43FF-8292-8947227D73C3.png

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

Good idea, Bird. For me though, one glass does not last very long. Also, we found (on the cruises we have been on) that not many bars sell Veuve by the glass. Yes, we are picky 🥂🍾😁

You are someone with excellent taste.

• Like 1