Anyone order a bottle of champagne for sail away?

zitsky

Not when we last traveled with NCL in 2016, just Prosecco. This was the by the glass wine list. It might have changed since then. I could not find a recent list on the NCL website. If someone has one, please post! I’ll be on the Star in 2 weeks, so I’ll report back. 

AC2C9F4B-962E-4B22-A07C-263815C00324.png

On 12/9/2018 at 10:42 AM, HBCcruiser said:

Not when we last traveled with NCL in 2016, just Prosecco. This was the by the glass wine list. It might have changed since then. I could not find a recent list on the NCL website. If someone has one, please post! I’ll be on the Star in 2 weeks, so I’ll report back. 

AC2C9F4B-962E-4B22-A07C-263815C00324.png

HBCruiser, is this wine list cut off, or are there really more whites than reds?

21 minutes ago, zitsky said:

HBCruiser, is this wine list cut off, or are there really more whites than reds?

Yes. The list is actually 4 pages long (it includes the by the bottle list). Here is the red by the glass list. I usually prefer a full-bodied cabernet. The North South blend was rather good and fit under the UBP pricing limits. This list is no longer on the NCL website, which leads me to think that they might be changing it. I will be on the NCL Star December 21st so I will post the list if available.

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 9.23.40 AM.png

Edited by HBCcruiser
spelling

On 12/7/2018 at 5:24 PM, zitsky said:

Where are you getting champagne at cost?  NCL?  The price for Veuve Clicquot is 2-3x the retail price.  I didn't know Dom was an option.  Maybe you're referring to another cruise line?

I am talking about NCL, There is always 3 of us that would buy bottled. Two of us would buy a bottle of Dom at our local liquor store for apprx. $169-$179 and the 3rd would wait until we boarded and she would go buy her own bottle and would get it for $175-$185 so now instead of us adding weight to our suitcases and bringing it all the way from Vegas we just buy it on the ship. (If you wait until you are at sea you save even more obviously because of not paying tax but that doesn't work for the sail away of course)

1 hour ago, Sweetnspicy said:

Now I really want a nice bottle of champagne for sail away!! I only bring a carry on suit case though so I would have to check it or try to find somewhere close to the pier in San Pedro to buy a bottle the night before. 

If you find a place in San Pedro, let me know.  We are flying in the night before and our hotel is in San Pedro.

Thinking of finding a place there too.  We sail Jan. 4th

40 minutes ago, kskelley40 said:

If you find a place in San Pedro, let me know.  We are flying in the night before and our hotel is in San Pedro.

Thinking of finding a place there too.  We sail Jan. 4th

With a short search, I found a Target at 1701 N Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA 90731-127.

It appears that they have a decent selection of wines and champagne available.

Map show the location to be 2.3 miles from the cruise port (World Cruise Center  Berth SP-92  San Pedro, CA 90731)

Hope this info is helpful!

On 12/7/2018 at 8:34 PM, zitsky said:

NCL does have Dom.  I just found it.  $200 plus and I didn't notice a vintage.  I have tried Dom and VC.  I'm happy with VC.

I think Dom is overrated.   If you like VC and wanted to go a step up, their La Grande Dame is usually fabulous.   

49 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

With a short search, I found a Target at 1701 N Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA 90731-127.

Map show the location to be 2.3 miles from the cruise port (World Cruise Center  Berth SP-92  San Pedro, CA 90731)

Thanks so much! 

5 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

If you are flying into LAX there is a Costco on the way to San Pedro off the 405 in Hawthorne that carries good champagne, Veuve and Dom, at good prices. You would need to chill it before hand though. I like my bubbly cold!  

11 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Thanks for the info.  Will have to check and see how close to the hotel we are staying at.  Maybe I can get one on our way to the ship as our flight is getting in later than planned and not sure we will make it to Target before they close.