Cruise inside cabin but eat in the Haven?

Sara_smile

You really cant make this stuff up.    Poor Adrian.   If you want to eat in the Haven tell NCL you will shame them.  Couple sailed in an inside cabin on Bliss but demanded Haven access.

Edited by Sara_smile

Wow.  Some blog to share experiences.  Others blog to try to get free stuff.  I cant imagine a popular or successful cruise blogger ever doing this.  I looked at another video of theirs.   It appears NCL gave them a free meal in the Haven after all.  They are still bitter about it?  In another video they claim they would never sail in a Haven cabin because they are too expensive and not worth it.  But clearly they claw and fight to get in there 😉

Should be called "Tales of Entitlement" instead of Tales from the Seas.

Part of me wants to commend NCL for sticking their ground and another part of me blames NCL for creating these entitlement monsters.  I guess everyone who has a youtube channel can get Haven access now?

• Like 7

I enjoy cruise vloggers, and these two can be pretty funny, and have good tips, but I really disliked this particular video of theirs when it came out, and it was pretty crappy of them to call out the Haven concierge like that. 

• Like 6

I agree NCL should not allow this.  When I pay for and stay in the Haven, the last thing I want is for amateurs who did not pay to be there filming my vacation to put on you tube.  Hopefully I never see this guy in the Haven on future trips.

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, shof515 said:

52 minute video?..really?..wow..seems way tooo long. how do people watch this?

I got through a few minutes and it was annoying me.   No way I'm watching 52 minutes of a grown man having a hissy fit.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

We were in the Haven before & after the cruise these guys were on. Talked to the crew about all the special events for Christening etc.

These guys were on the inaugural Alaskan cruise, the Haven was PACKED with VIPS - NCL corporate & special guests, Wyland & his Mom - can't imagine they would have been happy to realize non-Haven people can get access. I haven't met them on a cruise, but from their videos, they do seem like people you would notice! 

• Like 1

By the way, their vlog has 6,000+ subscribers, but in the realm of social media influencers, that's not very many. JimZim, for example, has 257,000 subscribers, and I'm reasonably certain he doesn't ever refer to himself as "the media" in his cruise videos. (By the way, JimZim proclaimed Norwegian Bliss his favorite cruise and ship of 2018. Pretty cool!)

Edited by CincyJen
ETA
  • Like 7

I think it’s hilarious that he thinks because he’s part of the media he deserves special treatment.  Heck we’re all part of the Social Media via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc., I guess we should all be allowed to eat lunch in the Haven.

Considering the fact that he thinks he’s an important part of the media I’m surprised that he would allow 2 full minutes of his video to be out of focus.  Around the 39 minute mark the camera goes out of focus and remains so until just past the 41 minute mark.  No one in the “real media” would ever post such an amateur video.

I hope this clown has his reservations on the Encore cancelled because if I was the CEO of NCL that’s exactly what I would do.

• Like 6

Have watched a few of their posts and found them boring and full of complaints. On one they complained about the salad in La Cucina for what seemed to be hours.

On another note I have stopped going to Cruise Critic Meet and Greets because the last two I went too were very poorly organized and I was wondering at the time if the organizers had volunteered just for the chance to get VIP Treatment from NCL?  Many Meet and Greets have been great but the last two were very disappointing.  

Adrian is probably NCL's best concierge.  I would hope/think NCL would cut these guys off after several videos of what appears to be slanderous mockery.  I looked and they made more videos of the same incident even with NCL's response to their 5 page letter.  How can you complain about the concierge in the Haven when you were not a guest of the Haven?  Just strange.  I saw another video of theirs where they showcase the freebies that were waiting for them in their cabin by their fans.  Dear NCL, if you keep feeding the trolls, they will bite you.  I hope every NCL concierge saw this video and no longer lets them anywhere near the Haven.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ks said:

On another note I have stopped going to Cruise Critic Meet and Greets because the last two I went too were very poorly organized and I was wondering at the time if the organizers had volunteered just for the chance to get VIP Treatment from NCL?  Many Meet and Greets have been great but the last two were very disappointing.  

my understanding is NCL stopped VIP treatment for Meet and Greet organizers.  which is good.  I am organizing the event on the sailing we are on, because I like organizing things like that and look forward to connecting with other cruise critic members not for anything from NCL.

back to the topic... these bloggers just lost a subscriber.  unbelieveable.

Edited by CruiseJB
spelling
  • Like 4

OK so flame away if you must!  But these guys have treated me VERY KINDLY.  I had a question on Haven accessibility (on their last cruise even though I knew before hand they were not in the Haven) and no one on this forum (no even you Bird Travels) responded to my question. They took time away from THEIR vacation to find the answer to my question about my Haven access (which will happen in May).  I so appreciate their kindness.

So to those who feel they are more righteousness, good for you.  These are good people that don't deserve your pseudo outrage!

11 minutes ago, mrsbear60 said:

OK so flame away if you must!  But these guys have treated me VERY KINDLY.  I had a question on Haven accessibility (on their last cruise even though I knew before hand they were not in the Haven) and no one on this forum (no even you Bird Travels) responded to my question. They took time away from THEIR vacation to find the answer to my question about my Haven access (which will happen in May).  I so appreciate their kindness.

So to those who feel they are more righteousness, good for you.  These are good people that don't deserve your pseudo outrage!

Welcome to cruise critic.  Glad you were assisted.  The video speaks for itself.  

• Like 3

OK some 20 years ago I had a Cruise Critic account.  I could not stand the self righteousness of the opinions expressed, and deleted it.  Over the years I have sailed with NCL, Celebrity, RCCL and Carnival, so I am not a newbie.  I am entitled to my opinions as they are to theirs.  I just hope that you all who will criticize  have viewed BOTH their videos on the subject IN THE ENTIRETY.  I can appreciate your comments if you have done so, if not, well you are as entitled as I am to an opinion.  

• Haha 1