Is NCL doing port check in times??

crazyboutdisney

We are sailing on the Bliss in February as part of a private group. We were not given the option of selecting a check in time and were given noon. Others that are not with the group were given the option of selecting a time as early as 930. I understand the concept of check in times because Carnival uses them. I am just curious of NCL is using them now and if they are enforced? Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Aprille said:

Assigned/chosen check in times are not enforced. Show up when you want.

They are not enforced as of this date....... February is still 2 months away and that policy may change so I would check closer to your sailing date. 

I’m sailing on the Bliss in a few weeks and wasn’t given the option to select a check-in time. My edocs say:

Boarding begins at: 12:00 pm
Please do not arrive earlier than 1 hour prior to boarding time shown.

I noticed earlier when I logged into NCL that it said my Check in wasn't complete any longer so I popped into it and it had me select a boarding time. I thought it was weird because I didn't remember doing that before. I like the idea of this because it would help with the chaos of everyone arriving at 9am. 

It still states this Boarding begins at 12:00 PM.
Please note the time you have selected to arrive at the pier.
Guest arriving to the pier before your select arrival time will be asked to come back at the appropriate time.

And then I also have this: 

THE TIME YOU HAVE SELECTED
TO ARRIVE AT THE PIER

11:00 am - 11:30 am

Edited by Sweetnspicy
typo

14 hours ago, crazyboutdisney said:

Are they even offering time selection? I’m not sure I believe this guy who said he selected 930am. Lol 

I was able to pick the 9:30 - 10:00am slot for arriving at the port to check in for the Breakaway in January. We still won't actually be getting on before 12 probably...

3 hours ago, Sweetnspicy said:

I noticed earlier when I logged into NCL that it said my Check in wasn't complete any longer so I popped into it and it had me select a boarding time. I thought it was weird because I didn't remember doing that before. I like the idea of this because it would help with the chaos of everyone arriving at 9am. 

It still states this Boarding begins at 12:00 PM.
Please note the time you have selected to arrive at the pier.
Guest arriving to the pier before your select arrival time will be asked to come back at the appropriate time.

And then I also have this: 

THE TIME YOU HAVE SELECTED
TO ARRIVE AT THE PIER

11:00 am - 11:30 am

What ship are you on? We will be on the Bliss. So far everyone that selected times was on the Breakaway. Wondering if the Bliss isn’t doing it yet?? 

I am sailing the Breakaway in January and choose the 10-10:30 time slot when doing the online check-in.  My traveling companion did their check- in at a later date and the earliest she could get is 11:30.  Told her I would be waiting in the bar😀

3 hours ago, IceChick said:

I am sailing the Breakaway in January and choose the 10-10:30 time slot when doing the online check-in.  My traveling companion did their check- in at a later date and the earliest she could get is 11:30.  Told her I would be waiting in the bar😀

Arrival Time / Check In Time is independent of Boarding Time so depending on her Latitude level or if she's a CAS traveler.... she just might be waiting for you at the the bar.... 

On 12/11/2018 at 1:51 PM, crazyboutdisney said:

What ship are you on? We will be on the Bliss. So far everyone that selected times was on the Breakaway. Wondering if the Bliss isn’t doing it yet?? 

The Gem for the 1/20/19 sailing to the Mexican Riviera. 

It’s our first time cruising, I have the same 12pm check in that I selected for online check in. We are staying in NOLA the night before so can arrive anytime for the cruise, what is the best time to arrive then and will we be able to board the ship anytime ?

Loggs, it’s a suggested check in time they use to avoid congestion in their opinion.  You can check in most likely earlier or later than your 12PM time, boarding usually starts 11:30ish-12ish and they board by priority Heaven, Suites,  Amabassador, Platinum Plus, Platinum then by groups.  That’s the way it’s gone in all our NCL cruises.  

5 hours ago, Loggs said:

It’s our first time cruising, I have the same 12pm check in that I selected for online check in. We are staying in NOLA the night before so can arrive anytime for the cruise, what is the best time to arrive then and will we be able to board the ship anytime ?

I would arrive early. We normally arrive around 10:15. Gives you time to get through security and check in. 

General boarding will will start between 11:15 and 11:30. 

Assuming that you are on the Breakaway, go to the theater on deck 7, forward, starboard entrance to the theater to take care of comedy club bookings, Escape Room, and Canvas by U (extra charge). Then to Headliners, Deck 6, mid to adjust any dinner reservations around the shows we just booked. 

The Garden Cafe Buffet and O’Shehan’s open at 11:30 for lunch. The Main Dining Room (Taste/Savor) opens at noon (that’s where we go). 

There is is a lot of construction around the port, so allow time to get in whenever you go.  

1 hour ago, trout96 said:

If I have NCL transfer they pick this right??

If you have an NCL transfer, they will pick you up at baggage claim and bus you to the terminal when a bus is full. You could be sitting around the airport for a while if you fly in early. Normally, once you drop your bags off at the bus, they will be deliverers to your room (you don’t have to deal with porters).