LIVE from the Royal Princess - Dec 15, 2018 - Eastern Caribbean

CanadianBurger

10 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Went to the Culinary Show today with the Maitre d’ and the executive chef. Quite humorous, as usual. Learned that the “Cruise” program is an alternate acronym for “Can’t Really Understand Italians Speaking English”. The audience howled at that one. This was followed by the quick galley tour. They had 100 plates of different ways to prepare potatoes. 

B173AA2A-A0CE-4A21-B027-62F6D31EE343.jpeg

C3B49E94-82B8-48FE-9E9F-41FB733E52B0.jpeg

776B8AFC-6595-4C93-9FC1-22903A680378.jpeg

Is this something you need to make a reservation for?

Headed upstairs this morning to Horizon Court for breakfast. Made-to-order omelettes and crispy bacon. If you like your bacon crispy, ask for it. They keep it in the oven. Sat by the window and watched the dock activities. Headed to the Lido Pool afterwards to soak up the last of the sun. There were new Sail Away banners (with the Medallion Class logo) and the entertainers were rehearsing the sail away number. 

FDFE4E47-1169-4131-B29C-6F2D78B25FF4.jpeg

22 minutes ago, teach2eagles said:

Your posts were not only informative but also inspiring since we board next Saturday.  You took time from your vacation to provide valuable information. Thank you

I also like to say Thank You!!! For a great review.

Tony

1 minute ago, Potstech said:

Was Alexander for the Dec 8 cruise.  Not impressed by himor his staff.

Matt O left the ship on Nov 24th and Alexander started that day so he’ll be on for awhile is my guess.   He was good but Matt O is one of my favorites.  

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:59 AM, CanadianBurger said:

That would take a while... but basically zero legroom if you’re not in the extra legroom seats. Your knees will be jammed against the seat in front. And they charge business-class mileage for a premium economy product. 

I would never take Air Canada Rouge on a long haul flight, but for a Toronto/Fort Lauderdale, I don't find it a problem. I take the 6 am flight and just doze my way through. I'm 5ft5in and have just enough room.

On 12/21/2018 at 12:41 AM, CanadianBurger said:

After dinner it was time for the production show “The Secret Silk”, the third Stephen Schwartz-produced show for Princess. I absolutely loved his first show, Magic To Do. I’ve seen it on three cruises (both the original and edited versions) with two different casts. I was hoping for The Secret Silk to be one of the highlights of the voyage. I wanted to like this show. I really did. Reading the program, the anticipation built. Alas, I left the theatre utterly disappointed and bewildered.

First, the positives: it was a longer show, and had a compelling storyline. The sets, show design, and costumes were fantastic. Some of the vocals were good. Some of the dancing was good. I’m running out of positives...

This was the telling of a fable, set in ancient times in a far-off land. I really enjoyed the original music, but for me, here’s where everything completely fell apart: mixing in modern pop songs completely ruined the atmosphere of the visuals and the premise of the story. Some of the vocals were terribly weak in some of the songs (Every Breath You Take) and in others the dancers were completely out of sync.

This was a love it or hate it production. Many audience members left during the show, but the majority that remained gave a standing ovation.

This is not a show I would endure a second time. I would happily watch Magic To Do a fourth. I still eagerly await a cruise with his second show, Born To Dance.

Your mileage may vary.

E51738D5-88BA-408D-8B70-2049FE091966.jpeg

C5247481-1BDA-4D9A-8C72-909BA46091CE.jpeg

A38039B6-2DF1-41E1-9195-93C0D20D4A1E.jpeg

FFA63A5A-9ABB-459F-8C13-2509FE59B242.jpeg

I would also like to have given a review of the show too.    But we left about after 6 minutes.  Way too loud and just did not like what we saw.  We saw some of it the night you were there.

Edited by geocruiser

Well, that’s about it. I hope you had fun following along. If anyone has any last-minute questions, fire away. 

Our next confirmed voyage is the 10-day southern on the Crown next December. Hopefully something else will pop up earlier in the year. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Steve. 

• Like 3