Star Class on a Transatlantic?

janetmojo

I do know there was a recent thread involving some issues with Star Class on a TA that was pretty negative.  We just booked one for 2020 and are hoping to hear if anyone has any specific positive things about a 14 day TA in Star Class (Allure).  We did a Star class 7 night in Sept/Oct (also Allure) and there was so much to do that I don't feel like we took advantage of it very well, we were exhausted when it was over lol.   It's a big gamble for us to be gone that long (we own our own business) but it was a killer deal. 

24 minutes ago, janetmojo said:

if anyone has any specific positive things about a 14 day TA in Star Class (Allure).  

Being in Star class for two weeks is not positive enough? This is Cruise Critic, where you are much more likely to hear about negatives than positives.

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Being in Star class for two weeks is not positive enough? This is Cruise Critic, where you are much more likely to hear about negatives than positives.

I didn't mean it like that, I was just meaning anything special anyone did differently since it was a longer trip. 

1 hour ago, janetmojo said:

I do know there was a recent thread involving some issues with Star Class on a TA that was pretty negative.  We just booked one for 2020 and are hoping to hear if anyone has any specific positive things about a 14 day TA in Star Class (Allure).  We did a Star class 7 night in Sept/Oct (also Allure) and there was so much to do that I don't feel like we took advantage of it very well, we were exhausted when it was over lol.   It's a big gamble for us to be gone that long (we own our own business) but it was a killer deal. 

Would you please share the link of this thread. I particularly enjoy them. 

Can't be that hard to find.  There have only been a handful of repos with Star Class ships.

Quantum west ?

Quantum east

Oasis west

Allure west

Anthem west

Harmony west

Symphony west

Ovation east

Edited by John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Yeah and then there are about 1500 D+ on any TA - that feel star class is overentitled.....:classic_huh:

The only time I ever got miffed at Star was when the Genie placed a dozen of their seat holders in the regular premium seating section on Oasis.  You rarely see that. Usually up front

Let me see if I can find the other post I was referencing, I just searched in the Royal forum for Star Class Transatlantic.  Didn't mean to start a big fuss or anything.  We are excited to be eating ourselves crazy for 14 days 🙂

1 hour ago, janetmojo said:

We are excited to be eating ourselves crazy for 14 days 🙂

Beware of meal fatigue.  I don't think I could keep it up for 14 days.  I give out after about 5 days and have to cut back to 2 meals/day.  Congratulations !  It should be a blast.

3 hours ago, janetmojo said:

Let me see if I can find the other post I was referencing, I just searched in the Royal forum for Star Class Transatlantic.  Didn't mean to start a big fuss or anything.  We are excited to be eating ourselves crazy for 14 days 🙂

Good luck on the eating challenge!  We just got back from cruising in Star class and after day 4  we told our Genie that we surrendered!  There was too much delivered to the cabin and we couldn't enjoy our meals.  I hate to see food wasted and 99% of the snacks were being thrown away.

23 hours ago, janetmojo said:

If you are booked on the 11/1/20 Allure TA come over to the roll call board.  I started a thread there and we've already started chatting.  There are a few there who have also booked Star Class for the TA.

51 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Good luck on the eating challenge!  We just got back from cruising in Star class and after day 4  we told our Genie that we surrendered!  There was too much delivered to the cabin and we couldn't enjoy our meals.  I hate to see food wasted and 99% of the snacks were being thrown away.

We asked for no snacks on our last trip and I was so glad we did.  We aren't big snack people.