Brochures

Heather White

15 minutes ago, wripro said:

The problem with brochures imo is that by the time we get them the fares can be out of date. 

I don't usually ever look at a fare in a brochure - I like the deck plans, cabin info, and itinerary details....

(we are in a very rural area and internet can be challenging - cruiseline websites, well, all websites these days - can be extremely slow to load with all the photos & videos etc...)

13 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

I don't usually ever look at a fare in a brochure - I like the deck plans, cabin info, and itinerary details....

(we are in a very rural area and internet can be challenging - cruiseline websites, well, all websites these days - can be extremely slow to load with all the photos & videos etc...)

13 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

The why not have your TA send you the brochures?

Hi Heather White, assuming your location is Surrey in the UK this probably has something to do with the GDPR introduced in May.

We found that we had to login to our Seabourn account and update our communications preferences. We're still not receiving our Conde Nast Traveller mag, despite contacting SB Club to request,  but marketing by post direct frim SB is coming through ok now.

5 hours ago, Isklaar said:

Hi Heather White, assuming your location is Surrey in the UK this probably has something to do with the GDPR introduced in May.

We found that we had to login to our Seabourn account and update our communications preferences. We're still not receiving our Conde Nast Traveller mag, despite contacting SB Club to request,  but marketing by post direct frim SB is coming through ok now.

Thanks, Isklaar, I think you've hit the nail on the head. Other friends in the UK have also noticed the absence of brochures, so I have followed your advice and updated our preferences.

The great thing about a brochure is that as a couple we can each write comments as to our preferences and go back and compare.

50 minutes ago, Heather White said:

Thanks, Isklaar, I think you've hit the nail on the head. Other friends in the UK have also noticed the absence of brochures, so I have followed your advice and updated our preferences.

The great thing about a brochure is that as a couple we can each write comments as to our preferences and go back and compare.

It may take a good few weeks for the brochures to start to arrive, check with Seabourn Club if you haven't started to receive them by end of February. I think ours took about six weeks.

22 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

I have still been receiving the brochures; I'm not the OP. I don't know why OP isn't getting them. I was responding to YOU as to why I enjoy having a brochure in addition to being able to look online 😉

Sorry. Sometimes it gets a bit confusing following everyone's posts here.

• Thanks 1

I agree with Heather that it is NICE to have a printed brochure - and also agree w/ wripro that prices are fungible so don't use the printed ones when you book - so you can sit down away from the computer (especially given the "revamped" Seabourn site that most of us do not like) and book mark pages cruise you want to revisit.  Plus it has deck layouts, while also on-line, nice to be able to view anytime if you rip them out or bookmark when looking at the ever changing price.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tv24 said:

We get lots of brochures.  I love looking at the pictures of the models in the Seabourn brochures as they never look like anyone we've seen on board.  Same for Cunard.

The operative word in your post is "models." 

I had to laugh at the comment about models.  We were shopping with the chef in Guadeloupe from our recent cruise on the Odyssey.  The chef had told me when he would be going, but as it turned out, our trip ended up being guided by the Thomas Keller consultant who was on board for part of the cruise.  The chef himself was at the same market we visited, but he was shopping with the models.  Our group commented that clearly actual Seabourn passengers are not good looking enough to promote Seabourn.

On 1/5/2019 at 11:43 PM, tv24 said:

We get lots of brochures.  I love looking at the pictures of the models in the Seabourn brochures as they never look like anyone we've seen on board.  Same for Cunard.

Not true!  I often see people on board who look like the models in the brochures.

They are performers.

I wonder how many people are deterred from booking because they do not look young and glamorous.

5 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

Not true!  I often see people on board who look like the models in the brochures.

They are performers.

I wonder how many people are deterred from booking because they do not look young and glamorous.

Some are deterred, I am sure.  As an alternative they could include photos of the ships with the staff posing, or just the ships with no people.  And there is nothing wrong with using models that look like all of us!

I must say that this is not really a concern of mine, only a source of amusement.