Coffee Card in Exchange for Liquor - Two Elites

pink845

On 1/7/2019 at 1:56 PM, pink845 said:

Thank you to everyone for the fabulous responses.  I will be trading in the mini bar for a bottle of wine.  I have four coffee cards with no expiration date and three with an expiration date of Dec 31, 2018 and one other that is the OLD JOKER card (no expiration on that one either).   

Based on your response,  I will then use be able to get brewed coffee at the International Cafe daily in the morning using the four coffee cards that have no expiration date on them (a punch for each cup of brewed coffee, I gather) and (a punch if I want a specialty coffee or latte as well).  Sounds like these cards will be rendered useless after August 31, 2019.   

We are just off a cruise where we had the drink package so all coffees were included.

So far all of our future cruises all have Sip and Sail also.

I had 5 old coffee cards. Two of the "joker" type and 3 with the sailing date but no expiration date. Four of these cards were pristine - no punches.

I had great fun finding people who were going to either buy a card or order a coffee and giving them one of my blank cards.

----Just a thought in case you find you're not using up all of those old cards.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just off the Regal yesterday.  I had coffee cards, two, each having four remaining punches.  One had name of ship on it; didn't matter.  Got all my Americanos at the pastry shop instead of the IC.  I also exchanged the mini bar for a bottle of wine.  I drink Sauvignon Blanc; they offered chardonnay.  I asked for Sauv and got it.  No more Nobilo.  It's now Dashwood which I really liked a lot.  Total Wine sells it; $13.79.

Had a wonderful cruise on the Ruby.  New food menu as well. Great!!!  In terms of the coffee cards, we traded in the mini bar and got two coffee cards electronically added to our cruise cards.   My husband was able to use his coffee card for gelato which worked out fine for him because he does not drink coffee, tea, etc.).  I was able to use my coffee card daily for brewed coffee and the other cards (ones with expiry dates - actually with Dec 31, 2018 expiry dates, I used for specialty coffees).    There was no issue at all.  I guess it depends on the barista punching the card.  I had no issue at all.   So I simply kept the other ones which had to expiry date on them and will see if I can use them on the SKY Princess later this year.   

Funny thing about the "upgraded" toiletry bag.  Did a cruise on the CB & got the full bag.  Went on the Royal immediately after - the bag in the room appeared to be leftovers (loofah, shampoo, conditioner & lotion were all gone).  When I asked my cabin steward for a "complete" bag, he told me that the items in there are all you get now.  I inquired at GS & they said the Hotel Manager (I think) would contact me - he never did.  Steward did provide another partial bag.  I know it's a little thing, but I give those bag to friends & they always enjoy them.  I think I just had a very lazy steward on the Royal.

4 hours ago, Pia1913 said:

Just off the Regal yesterday.  I had coffee cards, two, each having four remaining punches.  One had name of ship on it; didn't matter.  Got all my Americanos at the pastry shop instead of the IC.  I also exchanged the mini bar for a bottle of wine.  I drink Sauvignon Blanc; they offered chardonnay.  I asked for Sauv and got it.  No more Nobilo.  It's now Dashwood which I really liked a lot.  Total Wine sells it; $13.79.

Sounds great! How was the cruise?

28 minutes ago, FLCruise7 said:

Funny thing about the "upgraded" toiletry bag.  Did a cruise on the CB & got the full bag.  Went on the Royal immediately after - the bag in the room appeared to be leftovers (loofah, shampoo, conditioner & lotion were all gone).  When I asked my cabin steward for a "complete" bag, he told me that the items in there are all you get now.  I inquired at GS & they said the Hotel Manager (I think) would contact me - he never did.  Steward did provide another partial bag.  I know it's a little thing, but I give those bag to friends & they always enjoy them.  I think I just had a very lazy steward on the Royal.

Took a lot of prodding of Stewart to get one on the Regal. He just chucked it on the bed.

Ha!  I got one with used/missing stuff. Did someone forget their chapstick?

15 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Took a lot of prodding of Stewart to get one on the Regal. He just chucked it on the bed.

Ha!  I got one with used/missing stuff. Did someone forget their chapstick?

Well - that certainly explains why I got 2 chapsticks in one of the bags!!  :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, FLCruise7 said:

Got the full bag this past week on the Regal and left the full unopened bag on the Regal.  I don't care for or use any of it, so why take it.

35 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Sounds great! How was the cruise?

Cruise good.  I liked one of the production shows; stayed, but didn't care for the other.  Comedian advertised was someone whose show I walked out on on another cruise line.  Only got off ship once; in Cozumel

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:01 AM, TracieABD said:

They also punch for every shot of espresso. Whereas, in the past I could order a triple or a quad shot- and have them take one punch- they are taking a punch per shot.

Tracie

I think that's probably ship dependent, as I just got off the Diamond in Asia 10 days ago and they were still only taking one punch off the old cards for my morning double shot Americano's.

Like "everything" Princess , there never seems to be  a set policy across the fleet for anything once onboard

Srpilo

16 hours ago, srpilo said:

Tracie

I think that's probably ship dependent, as I just got off the Diamond in Asia 10 days ago and they were still only taking one punch off the old cards for my morning double shot Americano's.

Like "everything" Princess , there never seems to be  a set policy across the fleet for anything once onboard

Srpilo

For me too.  Always a double shot Americano and only one punch.

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Absolutely.

Be sure to ask for a "go cup" with whipped cream & cinnamon. Yummy.

Why a go cup? Because it's bigger than the ceramic cups. 😋

Thank you🤗 We will be on the Caribbean Princess this coming Oct new england /canada....with this advice we will" enjoy the cold "much better

On our next cruise we will reach Elite .I understand that we can change the minibar contents for a bottle of wine or coffee.Is this a specific number of coffees and does it include lattes or just standard coffee? Also can you opt for soft drinks e g just diet pepsi instead?

18 minutes ago, ann141 said:

On our next cruise we will reach Elite .I understand that we can change the minibar contents for a bottle of wine or coffee.Is this a specific number of coffees and does it include lattes or just standard coffee? Also can you opt for soft drinks e g just diet pepsi instead?

It is the same value as the coffee package.  Yes, you can exchange for only non-alcohol, but it is 1-for-1 (i.e. you don't get more soda than alcohol, except there are more ounces in a soda than alcohol).