“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

We took a tour that went to the Gold Coast!  First we had a leisurely boat ride and saw some upscale homes, then went up to the top of the Q Deck tower!  Wow...really high with some awesome views.  Had 3 hrs to look around Surfer's Paradise...beach and town area.  Enjoyed them both.  Walked on the beach and watched 2 surfers who couldn't stand up on their boards, did some shopping, stopped into the Hard Rock Cafe then had lunch at KFC....😂....had a craving for some "back home" food.  On the way back to the ship we got a city tour of Brisbane...they have a few kangaroo sculptures in their downtown area.  85 degrees and sunny all day!  I love how the locals totally disobey the "Danger...no swimming allowed" sign! 

That bird is an Ibis...a local told me that they don't like them...sort of like our pigeons.  She said they will jump up and grab food from people and are a nuisance.  I thought they were quite pretty, though.

20190306_110115.jpg

20190306_115723.jpg

20190306_120012.jpg

20190306_121330.jpg

20190306_121615.jpg

20190306_120740.jpg

20190306_121659.jpg

20190306_121838.jpg

20190306_122115.jpg

20190306_123335.jpg

20190306_132132.jpg

20190306_121642.jpg

20190306_140106.jpg

20190306_154200.jpg

20190306_154416.jpg

• Like 2

Looks as though Insignia's good weather is set to continue as they proceed up the coast.

Nice settled SE trade winds, with no signs of anything brewing in the Coral Sea.

Hope they get a daylight transit through the Torres Strait, as it's interesting up there.

Depends on current & tides.

They will have boarded the Barrier Reef pilot in Brisbane.

They will likely give an interesting lecture during a quiet time in the passage, as well as periodic commentary on the PA.

Edited by Tranquility Base

I “slept in” this morning, after yesterday’s “0 dark thirty” wake up to see the entire approach to Brisbane.

Yes, the reef pilot is aboard, and we will be having a lecture at 0945 about the reef by Tyrone Ridgway.

Now it’s time to head up to the Terrace for breakfast, and then on to earn more “Big O points”...🙂

5 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Hope they get a daylight transit through the Torres Strait, as it's interesting up there.

Depends on current & tides.

They will have boarded the Barrier Reef pilot in Brisbane.

They will likely give an interesting lecture during a quiet time in the passage, as well as periodic commentary on the PA.

I just met our reef pilot in the Terrace...

He says that due to our departure time from Cooktown, we probably won’t pass thru the strait untill after dark...around 1900 to 2000...🙁

He is a friendly chap, and says he will also be giving us a lecture.🙂

39B7A8D6-5B6D-4D4C-9331-A95CDB91A19A.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Senior Citizen said:

Today’s chef demo:  foie gras with green apple, baby calamari and sautéed avocado with tuna

Two out of three is pretty good, especially as those two are some of my favorites 🙂

Did anyone ever notice that when there is a comedian performing in the Insignia Lounge, most people are shy about sitting in the front row, but when there is a food or cocktail demo, the front row is packed early?😉😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bob brown said:

Did anyone ever notice that when there is a comedian performing in the Insignia Lounge, most people are shy about sitting in the front row, but when there is a food or cocktail demo, the front row is packed early?😉😄

Robert, my friend, you have broken the code! 

• Like 1

Good day, ATW members

It may be a trivia thing but i am really curious about prescription for six months. Were you able to get enough prescription for six months especially insurance restricting numbers up to three months??

3 hours ago, pmm0317 said:

Good day, ATW members

It may be a trivia thing but i am really curious about prescription for six months. Were you able to get enough prescription for six months especially insurance restricting numbers up to three months??

Can you just pay up front for the extra months, then get reimbursed later?

speaking ONLY for us, Dave called the insurance provider and asked for a "vacation waiver" and  was granted a 6 month supply of meds on existing prescriptions.  (He also had a nice chat with the person on the other end of the phone who wanted to come ATW with us!)

Edited by cbb
  • Like 1

Does anyone have experience entering Dubai from a flight with prescription medication? There are lists of what is controlled and prohibited. I have read that there must be a prescription and a note from someone in authority, but I'm not clear who that is. Is medicine in the bottle and a note from a doctor sufficient? We tried contacting the AEU consulate but did get our questions answered. Thanks.

43 minutes ago, cbb said:

speaking ONLY for us, Dave called the insurance provider and asked for a "vacation waiver" and  was granted a 6 month supply of meds on existing prescriptions.  (He also had a nice chat with the person on the other end of the phone who wanted to come ATW with us!)

Making a sense. Thank you so much for your time to reply!!

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 7:20 AM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Can you just pay up front for the extra months, then get reimbursed later?

Not according to my American insurance and CVS pharmacy.

But...my pharmacy called my doc to get the "vacation override" prescription extension,  then they contacted the insurance company who approved it. All my vaccines were covered 100%, but I was told that they probably wouldn't pay for the Japanese encephalitis vaccine if I had chosen to get it (which I didn't)...as it cost $400!!  😲