Vista or Breeze

bfree32

Family of 5 including adult children aged 18-22. We enjoy Carnival, RCCL, and NCL. We generally like newer ships, but our favorite Carnival ship has been the Breeze. We are looking at Western Caribbean itineraries. Only difference is the Breeze stops in Costa Maya and Vista has an extra sea day (not an issue either way). Airfare to both Orlando and Houston is about the same. Fare is $1500 total more to go on Vista.

Since new activities like SkyRide are not going to be a big draw for my kids, I am looking for opinions on whether the added expense is worth going on the newer Vista rather than another week on the Breeze.  

You're going to hear all kinds of different opinions on the Vista. There are going to be pros and cons for sure. For the same price, I would choose the Vista if I was in your scenario. For $1500 more, I don't know if it would be worth that. 

If you have a burning desire to sail on the Vista that makes the $1,500 price difference attractive, go for it.

Personally the Dream class ships hit my sweet spot, and the Breeze is my favorite.

I must admit I am diametrically opposed to sailing on ANY ship that separates passengers by class, so the fact the Breeze is less expensive is only a bonus.

Happy sailing and I hope you enjoy whatever you choose.

In my opinion Breeze is far superior to Vista, so I would pick Breeze If the prices were the same. Factor in how much more Vista costs, and their isn’t even a decision in my book.  Another thing to consider, and this may not matter to you, you can’t buy Cheers until day two on cruises from Texas.  That alone is why I never sail out of Galveston. 

Been on both ships ....have cruise Carnival 13x and the Breeze is our favorite ship. I was not that impressed with Vista....bland beige color...closed in atrium, no dedicated  night club...etc.  Fortunately we had a Havana cabin on our Vista cruise which made a world of a difference and allowed us to still greatly enjoy our cruise ....would I sail Vista again?? Maybe.... but only in a Havana cabin. No way anywhere else 

Edited by lcpagejr
Typo

I have sailed the Breeze three times and the Vista once.  Like both ships very much and would much prefer the Vista or Horizon because of the restaurant choices.  If you are a main dining room person, than go with the Breeze for the cost differential.  We generally eat at the speciality restaurants every night and the choices on the Vista are more extensive than on the Breeze.  JiJI's is our favorite and the absence of this on our December Breeze cruise was noted.  My group also likes the Imax theater as an option and this is another reason that we prefer the Vista over the Breeze.

We sailed them both in Europe during their inaugural seasons (so both were still working out some new-ship kinks). That being said, Breeze is hand-down my favorite Carnival ship. It's a beauty. 

I didn't find the Vista aesthetically pleasing at all! The dining room was :classic_huh:

Of course, decor is just a matter of personal opinion...But I thought the Breeze was PERFECTION!

Reviews on both are in my sig if you're interested!

This was my dilemma too and I booked the Breeze this week. I have sailed the Vista in Havana the southern route and loved that ship - Our favorite!

we also are doing the western route this time and there is about a $1000 difference between the Vista Havana and airfare and the breeze. Plus we wanted the extra costs mat a stop. So are going with the Breeze /  have never sailed her but loved the Magic so I'm sure we'll have a great time.

But we will go panorama next / finally a nice shop without airfare for us!

3 hours ago, gotscrapz said:

This was my dilemma too and I booked the Breeze this week. I have sailed the Vista in Havana the southern route and loved that ship - Our favorite!

we also are doing the western route this time and there is about a $1000 difference between the Vista Havana and airfare and the breeze. Plus we wanted the extra costs mat a stop. So are going with the Breeze /  have never sailed her but loved the Magic so I'm sure we'll have a great time.

But we will go panorama next / finally a nice shop without airfare for us!

Supposed to say costa maya stop lol