Comparing old Summit and Refurbished Summit

dateacher

We do know some things already.

Staterooms will be like new with a modern, open layout and lighter gray tones.

Suites get their own retreat deck on the top deck forward.

More cabins are getting squeezed into various places, such as where the library is now and the starboard side of the spa.

Oceanview Cafe has some layout changes.

• Thanks 1

New Aqua cabins on deck 10 will be in the area of the hair and nail salons and the mens changing room.  The changing room is being moved to port side next to the ladies and both are suppose to be smaller. I guess the salons will also be moved to port side.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes.   All Suites will have access to both Retreat and Michael's Club 

Thank you, Jim, and I sure hope you're right, but on the Celebrity find-a-cruise link I scrolled down to the bottom in "select a stateroom" mode.  It reads:

Premium Beverage Package excludes Celebrity Suites and Sky Suites. **Access to The Retreat featuring Sundeck, Lounge and Luminae Restaurant. This feature comes to Edge in November 2018 and fleet-wide starting February 2019 as part of the Celebrity Revolution.

Access to the Retreat is not my only concern.  Along with the refurb a "Celebrity Revolution" is being promoted.  This fine print appears to eliminate the premium beverage package as one of the perks, or perhaps a downgrade to Classic.  So, I am also worried that Celebrity will raise the suite level access to Royal or above and eliminate the Go!Best perks that I fear will be phased out.  That would price us out of the category or, at the very least, encourage us to consider Regent or Silversea as viable alternatives.

The premium beverage package for sky and celebrity suites is dependent on the promotion at the time of booking.  It, and unlimited internet is part of the benefits signature suites and above.

Retreat access will be open to all guests. This is from Celebrity's web site for a sky suite for a 2021 sailing on Silhouette. I don't know what the ** for retreat access means but it is also shown on royal suites.  It probably should have a statement "after the revolution".

image.thumb.png.2719cc82371db898400035f2f65de824.png

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Thank you for the info! We’re booked on the second sailing after drydock and can’t wait to get onboard. We’ve only been on the Equinox before so we’ll not be able to compare everything to “before” but honestly that’s the way we prefer it. Less than 60 days away! 🎉

11 hours ago, jelayne said:

On the a Edge there were more  free movies than on the Equinox or Eclipse.  Hoping that will Cary over to tge ships as they are “revolutionized “.

Yes, we were on the EDGE over period 6-13 January and I understand there was a good selection of free on=demand movies.  Me, I don’t normally watch TV and found there were plenty of other things to enjoy on the ship.  I’m guessing that SUMMIT does not currently have this ‘feature’ and I don’t expect it will be installed during the drydocking scheduled for March.

On 1/30/2019 at 8:58 AM, st5310 said:

Thank you, Jim, and I sure hope you're right, but on the Celebrity find-a-cruise link I scrolled down to the bottom in "select a stateroom" mode.  It reads:

Premium Beverage Package excludes Celebrity Suites and Sky Suites. **Access to The Retreat featuring Sundeck, Lounge and Luminae Restaurant. This feature comes to Edge in November 2018 and fleet-wide starting February 2019 as part of the Celebrity Revolution.

Access to the Retreat is not my only concern.  Along with the refurb a "Celebrity Revolution" is being promoted.  This fine print appears to eliminate the premium beverage package as one of the perks, or perhaps a downgrade to Classic.  So, I am also worried that Celebrity will raise the suite level access to Royal or above and eliminate the Go!Best perks that I fear will be phased out.  That would price us out of the category or, at the very least, encourage us to consider Regent or Silversea as viable alternatives.

We were in a Sky Suite on Edge and had access to the Retreat so I can't imagine that it would be any different on the rest of Celebrity's ships.