Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

4 hours ago, Scratchrat said:

Obviously it's terrible no matter which side of the pond.

I'm in Cardiff and at least in Wales the lockdown is still fully in force so we're very much safe.

Fully in force but only adhered to by those shall we say that are of a more mature age.☹️

Yes we too come under Wales, I walk the dogs daily and see gangs of youths all congregating together (20+ in a group), neighbours who have held garden parties, others riding around on off-road motor bikes or quads, gangs of cyclists, husband and wife each in their own sports car going for a drive.

I've come to the conclusion that I am the mug for staying at home.

Edited by AchileLauro

1 minute ago, AchileLauro said:

Fully in force but only adhered to by those shall we say are of a more mature age.☹️

Yes we too come under Wales, I walk the dogs daily and see gangs of youths all congregating together (20+ in a group), neighbours who have held garden parties, others riding around on off-road bikes, gangs of cyclists, husband and wife each in their own sports car going for a drive.

I've come to the conclusion that I am the mug for staying at home.

Well, I'm in my early 30's and me and my friends/family have all stayed home as per the guidance. I've only gone outside for my walk in the morning and a weekly shop which I do click and collect for.

30 minutes ago, AchileLauro said:

They just don't appreciate how serious the risk is.

For the vast majority of the population, with no underlying health issues, the risk is relatively small. This "one size fits all" approach might have been OK at the start of the crisis, but it is now manifestly unnecessary. 

1 minute ago, mercury7289 said:

Guess more hopeful over there!

Absolutely! Positivity is the key. We're reopening our high streets next week and hospitality sector hopefully in four weeks time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scratchrat said:

Absolutely! Positivity is the key. We're reopening our high streets next week and hospitality sector hopefully in four weeks time.

Yes but you still won't be able to travel more than 5 miles to get there if what the papers are reporting is true (travel restrictions in force until at least the end of August).

That may be O.K. for some who live in and who's lives revolve around the city but would be hopeless for those in live in or who's interests are in more rural areas.

Just now, AchileLauro said:

Yes but you still won't be able to travel more than 5 miles to get there if what the papers are reporting is true (travel restrictions in force until at least the end of August).

That may be O.K. for some who live in and who's lives revolve around the city but would be hopeless for those in live in or who's interests are in more rural areas.

I think December will be okay though. I'm sure things will be the new normal by September

8 minutes ago, AchileLauro said:
2 hours ago, Scratchrat said:

Yes but you still won't be able to travel more than 5 miles to get there

I assume that is just in Wales, as there are no restrictions in England.  If your nearest supermarket is 10 miles away, what harm can it do to drive there? 5 miles is just an arbitrary figure with no scientific justification. 

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I assume that is just in Wales, as there are no restrictions in England.  If your nearest supermarket is 10 miles away, what harm can it do to drive there? 5 miles is just an arbitrary figure with no scientific justification. 

Yes, in Wales there is a 5 mile limit for meeting other people currently. But this is up for review next week.

4 hours ago, AchileLauro said:

I thought that in England we can now travel  an unlimited distance?

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Correct but I think ArchileLauro was talking to Scratchrat who is in Wales which have different rules.

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

Avril. Are you still a teddy girl?😂

Not anymore more zap. In my dim and distant past. I've still some old photos somewhere of Frank with greased hair, drainpipes, fingertip jacket and beetle crushers.😆

Avril 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Yes, travel as far as you like, but you can't stay overnight. Another stupid restriction with no scientific basis. 

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Not anymore more zap. In my dim and distant past. I've still some old photos somewhere of Frank with greased hair, drainpipes, fingertip jacket and beetle crushers.😆

Avril 

Prove it. I dare you😂

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes, travel as far as you like, but you can't stay overnight. Another stupid restriction with no scientific basis. 

What if you went out for the day, a long way away and felt too weary to drive home and you happened to be driving your campervan?

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

What if you went out for the day, a long way away and felt too weary to drive home and you happened to be driving your campervan?

Strange you should mention camparvans, we have a campervan coach builder in Huddersfield who was on the local TV news tonight saying his business has never been busier.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1