VTcruising Is Living On The Edge Again: The LIVE Saga Continues (1/20/19)

vtcruising

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

The books on display are much like the books in Michaels Club, just for display, believe I saw a bunch of old law books.

I don't believe I've ever seen any books in any Michael’s Club that had the covers ripped off, period.

2 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

The books on display are much like the books in Michaels Club, just for display, believe I saw a bunch of old law books.

That kind of decor always makes me laugh.  Old law books are often sold as tv and movie props..

Hey VT (Marilyn) and Katie... so many thanks for all your elerts and cabin comments.  On the wine front...thanks for the menu lists and to be honest I think we want your waiter and the Camus cab evening.  So glad you enjoyed a super wine. Glad the bovine bath door got fixed and many thanks.   Can’t quite understand the veranda table top that was in such bad shape on a new ship, but assume a replacement was needed. As long as 11268  keeps the lounger I,guess a larger table top is the trade that is done.  We are cruising with dear friends and both of us are veteran Celebrithy cruisers and we really enjoy spending nights on our verandas sharing an adult beverage and playing  card games in a great aft cabin. Guess it will be done on a tiny top table and hopefully with enough seating for 4. My DH called captain’s club today to try and get an answer about reservations for the specialty restaurants  (restaurant and time choices) prior to boarding or waiting to do it onboard.  Also wanted to know if 3 night packages are still offered pre boarding or after boarding for specialty restaurant dining.  Still a little iffy on that question.  Any thoughts would be appreciated .  Thanks ladies... you rock and would love to meet and greet with you on a future cruise.

Pat

8 hours ago, vineyard66 said:

Hey VT (Marilyn) and Katie... so many thanks for all your elerts and cabin comments.  On the wine front...thanks for the menu lists and to be honest I think we want your waiter and the Camus cab evening.  So glad you enjoyed a super wine. Glad the bovine bath door got fixed and many thanks.   Can’t quite understand the veranda table top that was in such bad shape on a new ship, but assume a replacement was needed. As long as 11268  keeps the lounger I,guess a larger table top is the trade that is done.  We are cruising with dear friends and both of us are veteran Celebrithy cruisers and we really enjoy spending nights on our verandas sharing an adult beverage and playing  card games in a great aft cabin. Guess it will be done on a tiny top table and hopefully with enough seating for 4. My DH called captain’s club today to try and get an answer about reservations for the specialty restaurants  (restaurant and time choices) prior to boarding or waiting to do it onboard.  Also wanted to know if 3 night packages are still offered pre boarding or after boarding for specialty restaurant dining.  Still a little iffy on that question.  Any thoughts would be appreciated .  Thanks ladies... you rock and would love to meet and greet with you on a future cruise.

Pat

Thanks! Our cruise did have the 3 night package offered - I 'm not sure if it was offered onboard. There hasn't been an issue getting reservations on this cruise. We even got one for Sat night in FCSH a couple of days into the cruise.

I think I would ask the butler for a bigger table - they do have some available supposedly. The way she described it with her hands was rectangular, maybe more coffee table-sized.

Don't be afraid to ask for a second lounger, if needed. Everyone that I have spoken with that wanted two, got two without an issue.

Our friends in an S1 aft are very happy with their suite!! We are a little jealous (since we gave ours up at the last minute), but every time I am in bed looking straight out to the ocean I smile and feel we made the right choice (I never would have guessed that simple thing would make me happy 😊)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hcat said:

WOW.   Thanks

How much is the lunch ?

Looks Yummy.. and with a good wine..oh yeah! I like it a bit more cooked ( just me) but we will def  book that  as soon as we get on board. Glad the staff is nice! Do you have the daily menu link?

We used to eat lunch or brunch at the B on 5  on most days..til they took it away for sushi.  It was not  that well attended ..often  just us and the officers!

Sal got some great soup recipes from some of the  B on 5 chefs...one was for   Celery  Soup..He served it for Thanksgiving that year and our guests were licking their bowls!

There were officers eating in Le Grand Bistro both times we were there for lunch, but a lot of other people were there yesterday. I'm glad word isn't out yet so that it is still easy to get a table. 😉

The celery soup sounds good. Their lobster bisque is to die for - our friends really wanted to lick their bowls.

11 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

There were officers eating in Le Grand Bistro both times we were there for lunch, but a lot of other people were there yesterday. I'm glad word isn't out yet so that it is still easy to get a table. 😉

The celery soup sounds good. Their lobster bisque is to die for - our friends really wanted to lick their bowls.

As you know, I’ve had my eye on the Bistro from the moment I read the initial menu releases😁 Shhhhhh we don’t want too many people to find it😉 Did you try Lisa’s salad?

Edited by Silkroad

1 minute ago, Silkroad said:

As you know, I’ve had my eye on the Bistro from the moment I read the initial menu releases😁 Shhhhhh we don’t want too many people to find it😉 Did you try Lisa’s salad?

Yes, but they changed the name to "Baby Arugula Salad" - still has the pine nuts. Very yummy! I love the pate. Kind of wish we were going there again for lunch, but alas we have a beach date. Hope the weather is nice!

• Like 1

We had a very nice evening last night. We watched the Reckless Charms in the Grand Plaza - we sat to one side and it was a little quieter. I hate to say it on CC, but some of the best seats for listening to music there may be the Cafe al Bacio seats along the rail. We had excellent bar service again - in fact, almost too many offers - they wanted to keep our glasses full. I am pacing myself (I don't drink much in real life so it doesn't take much 😉). I really liked the atmosphere there last night.

image.thumb.png.9d6817da4386818f7f444dbbc3ee5f46.png

We went to the show - Ashlie-Amber she's an excellent performer, but the band members were the stars, IMO. Excellent guitar, percussion, brass. It was the early show and not full for sure.

image.thumb.png.a352f22be7bad8727ad51817cc88d3af.png

We had dinner in Raw on 5. The maitre 'd recognized me from December and said "You look a lot better than you did the last time!" That got a few looks from others around us. 😉 We had an excellent dinner of shrimp tempura rolls and a medium tower of seafood. All was delicious and with excellent, friendly service!

image.thumb.png.aef5b4fe37c3d7279b8a23f2726bbc9c.png

We went to the Club after for a Live show (sort of David Letterman show) that Damian hosted. It was quite funny, including the raw/cooked egg cracking on head (kind of Russian Roulette with eggs). It was pretty funny. They had another singing game with 4 guests and the comedian/singer that was hysterical. We had a fun evening.

image.thumb.png.a8d7a926b422c03ec90b7d2733d7c563.png

I found nice gifts on the bed - another Nate Berkus and a box of cards that has pictures of much of the ship's art. Pretty cool!

image.png.61374a580361f8f2b29ee34f1c745b8e.png

image.png.372eaaac07ebeaa5141cfcb60bed14d4.png

image.thumb.png.663cba0eaa3c70204d29001caeadd7d1.pngimage.thumb.png.eae0d8e3ada06e153482bbe299ac2f49.png

We are off to Maya Chan Beach today - looking forward to some R&R....

Great spot..hope we don't lose it...If it is open on Sailaway day, we may try it . It was  our  secret treat while everyone scrambled at the buffet.!

We started with B on 5 for a $5.00 upcharge.  As the fees increased, folks did not want to pay. Too bad,..they really missed out and then we lost it, had great crepes and many other goodies added along the way,

Great pics of nightime activities. Thanks for posting them, .Ashlie Amber is one of the theater shows we hope to see, plus one of the aerial shows that looked interesting.Hope I recall the name.,.  We will look for those good seats at Cafe Baccio!

Are those Art Cards for sale if we are not in a suite,?..that would be great for me!   Love the two beauties !

Vt,...Have a great time at the beach!

Edited by hcat
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2019 at 10:16 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

It’s the hippy van!

When I was showing my Dh this photo today he reminded me that this cart was indeed on the Edge when we boarded on Dec. 9. He said at the time it was located near the shop selling the very high priced Edge logo wear. The cart had X Edge baseball caps and other items on it for sale. I remember guests just walking by, no one was buying anything. It's serving a better purpose as a book exchange platform. 😊

8 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

When I was showing my Dh this photo today he reminded me that this cart was indeed on the Edge when we boarded on Dec. 9. He said at the time it was located near the shop selling the very high priced Edge logo wear. The cart had X Edge baseball caps and other items on it for sale. I remember guests just walking by, no one was buying anything. It's serving a better purpose as a book exchange platform. 😊

You are correct.  That is what it was used for on our Jan. 13 cruise.  I also saw it being used for the logo wear during our Nov. 27 cruise; but I don't remember where it was.

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

We had a very nice evening last night. 

We went to the show - Ashlie-Amber she's an excellent performer, but the band members were the stars, IMO. Excellent guitar, percussion, brass. It was the early show and not full for sure.

image.thumb.png.a352f22be7bad8727ad51817cc88d3af.png

Was the band shown performing above, “The Celebrity Band”? The musicians look very much like those who were on the Inaugural cruise. We thought they were fantastic.

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Was the band shown performing above, “The Celebrity Band”? The musicians look very much like those who were on the Inaugural cruise. We thought they were fantastic.

Not sure - Henry saw the Ensemble Band play in the Club and LOVED them. He said the band last night was a bit different. Not sure if they have a name. I liked the electric guitarist and drummer - brass amazing ( have personality too). We will search them out again. 🙂

1 hour ago, MVPinBoynton said:

You are correct.  That is what it was used for on our Jan. 13 cruise.  I also saw it being used for the logo wear during our Nov. 27 cruise; but I don't remember where it was.

Yes I saw things being sold there on previous cruises and then I could swear it was empty a few days ago - ? Where I saw it. I was so happy to see the book exchange yesterday!!

4 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I agree about the Martini Bar guys. They were regularly asking if I wanted another.  If you get a chance, try the Snowflake martini. Just too yummy. 

Okay I will have to do so!!😀

Its a a rough life!!

Edited by vtcruising

OMG, Maya Chan Beach  is paradise !! Perfect day except very breezy  - helps keep it cool in the hot sun. It’s so peaceful here and they’ve thought of everything. The drinks are good and served with a smile, lunch was authentic Mexican and sooooo good. We had a couples massage and I’m so relaxed now that I’ve forgotten all about the cabin crawl. 🙂

if anyone on the Jan 27 cruise needs a room mate, I’m available !!! Loving life on the Edge. I think we might be booking Edge or Apex for next year. I’m ready - I think Henry is there too...😀🌈😎❤️

• Like 1