Main dining room - final night of cruise

Karen J

Good morning from snowy & cold Canada. We are booked on a 10 day Caribbean cruise on the Riviera and have booked our specialty restaurants (yeah!). I wanted to if anyone knows whether the Oceania plans any special dining event in the main dining room on the final night of the cruise. Thanks

27 minutes ago, retafcruiser said:

A very busy night in the MDR - seems almost everyone eats there last night.

..or the Terrace if you want to dress more casually because you are already packed or you want a quick meal to pack 🙂

2 hours ago, retafcruiser said:

A very busy night in the MDR - seems almost everyone eats there last night.

I think it may depend on the cruise

we have had no issues getting a table on the last night 

more people seemed to prefer  the Terrace  for their last plate pf lobster 😉

I guess we are more unusual ... regarding the last night we prefer to dine in our room.  We're usually in a PH (sometimes above), so that's easy to do.  But we find it easier to deal with last minute packing that way.

If that weren't available to us, we'd try either the MDR or Terrace, no particular preference.  Although as I think about it -- Terrace might be better as we'd prefer to be spending less time at dinner on that night.  In that respect it sounds like we would NOT be unusual!

Mura

12 hours ago, Mura said:

I guess we are more unusual ... regarding the last night we prefer to dine in our room.  We're usually in a PH (sometimes above), so that's easy to do.  But we find it easier to deal with last minute packing that way.

If that weren't available to us, we'd try either the MDR or Terrace, no particular preference.  Although as I think about it -- Terrace might be better as we'd prefer to be spending less time at dinner on that night.  In that respect it sounds like we would NOT be unusual!

Mura

Agree, last night dinner en-suite for us is a must. Relaxing after packing with great food,

service and a great sea view.

One Valentines Day all the women were given red roses, (I guess that depends on where your ship might be). 

Also a small box of 3 or 4  chocolates which you might share with hubby or give to your cabin stewardess.

This year I'll be in Rangiroa French Polynesia so I'll let you know--perhaps a local flower.

VisionaryJax:  We have been to Tahiti 3 times for scuba diving and twice with crusises.  We have dove all ove the world and Tahiti is world class.  The drift dive in Fakarava is a must do if you are there for the tide coming in.  Good luck and dive as much as you can !