Expedition Ships?

Clay Clayton

20 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

You still need to sign into the website and you cannot do that unless you give the e-mail address that Viking has for you or the Customer ID that is supplied in the e-mailed invitation to view the site.

Didn't receive an invite, since we haven't completed the cruise yet. Tried signing in with our booking number and was surprised when it was accepted.

4 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Didn't receive an invite, since we haven't completed the cruise yet. Tried signing in with our booking number and was surprised when it was accepted.

The customer ID is not our Explorer Society/Customer number but a distinct ID generated for this project.

15 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

If they don't want people to talk about it, then they should not have sent us the letter in the first place. Bad move on Viking's part if they truly want us to keep quiet about it. They can request but they cannot require and they have no recourse if we do talk about it.

But then again a secret is news you share one person at a time and what a better way to spread news than to say it is a secret. It is a marketing ploy -- and a bad one at that.

Even worse, what a bad move to announce when too many details have not been decided on.

Possible red herring?

14 hours ago, just_dont said:

My name and Customer Number worked just fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Didn't receive invite, and have cruised with Viking. I was able to access from the link above using my name and email address.

43 minutes ago, Hanoj said:

Didn't receive invite, and have cruised with Viking. I was able to access from the link above using my name and email address.

Same here! Easy to do...I think it was a publicity “stunt”....everyone I know who has ever sailed with Viking could sign in.

5 minutes ago, janetcbl said:

Same here! Easy to do...I think it was a publicity “stunt”....everyone I know who has ever sailed with Viking could sign in.

Exactly. Making it "secret" builds the curiosity and suspense! I think they have a lot of competition in the expedition category. For one thing these ships have too many passengers compared to the competition.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, janetcbl said:

The offer is for any and all who have already sailed with Viking. One sailing and you are a member of the Explorer Society. IMHO, it is a nice gesture by Viking ; it is the secret business that I can have done without. 

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one who stuck with the request not to blab?😃 By the way, when I looked yesterday - there was a write up about it on Cruise Mapper - https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Viking-Octantis-1805. Decided to look after a conversation with sister in law who is going to the antarctic next year with some other group. Learned about this thread from her as well.