12 year old allowed in Enturage or move down 13 year old?

bahacca

My parents are thinking of taking my daughters on Norwegian Bliss in April. One will be 12, the other 13. I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck moving a child down or up in clubs so siblings can be together. Mine aren't reliant on each other by any means, but it would be nice since my rule is they must be with a buddy at all times if they were in one club so they could come and go together.

We had this same issue a few years back. One daughter was 2 months shy of being old enough to be with her older sister in the teen club. Unfortunately they are very strict with their age policy, however there are a handful of events that both clubs do at the same time.  Also there were some events that the older club was doing that my younger daughter was invited to (by the director of the club)  ... pool parties and such.  But in the end, because they were so strict with age requirements, my two daughters ended up not spending much time in the kids/teen clubs.

It seems that a lot of teens use the teen club as a place to meet others their age, then meet up with the new friends outside the club to do other things. So the 13 year old could go and meet some other 13-14 year old girls at the club the first day, then when they meet up at the waterslides or whatever 12 year old could join them.

Can 12 year olds have sign in/out privileges (my kids are younger so I don’t know).    Maybe one can get the other at their kids club and then both can leave together.  The kids clubs should be close so they can easily reach the other when one wants to leave.  

The kids clubs on Carnival ships are spread out, so thinking of one leaving to go get the other on a ship that is twice as big as any ship they have been on doesn't appeal to me or my kids. I did not look at the specific locations on this ship. Also, odds of there being a large amount of kids from which to make friends at the end of April is slim to none. It will be right after Easter Break and before any schools are out.

After looking at the list of things to do on some itineraries, it was determined they would probably get rather bored. They would be with just my parents, so no mom and dad to take them around to different things on board. They showed no interest in the lazer tag or cars on board either. 

Looks like grandparents will plan something else with them instead.

Thank you all for your input.

11 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

Can 12 year olds have sign in/out privileges (my kids are younger so I don’t know).    Maybe one can get the other at their kids club and then both can leave together.  The kids clubs should be close so they can easily reach the other when one wants to leave.  

Pretty sure only adults can sign out the kiddos. But I believe 12 year olds can sign themselves out (just not other kids).

We did a side-to-side a few years ago.  NCL Escape and then Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas.  Royal allowed our older son to move down an agent group (he had just had a birthday) and he HATED it because he felt like he was being "punished" by moving down in age groups.  So they moved him back immediately.

There is a BIG difference between the 13+ crowd and the 9-12 group.  Your 13 year old may well feel the same.  But, as others have said, NCL won't allow it.

On 1/22/2019 at 2:13 PM, MillerWRHS said:

Pretty sure only adults can sign out the kiddos. But I believe 12 year olds can sign themselves out (just not other kids).

Yep for pre-authorized adults to sign out  for all but 12 YP kiddos.   But I believe the 12 YO have to be in attendance for a minimum of 2 hours before they are allowed to sign themselves out, otherwise they are waiting for their pre-authorized adult.  

You never can tell with NCL...a few yrs ago they put all of my grands kids together ages 7-12...5 of them in the same group because they said there wern't  enough kids on board so they combined them:classic_wacko:...as a result they all dropped out!  The next family vacation we hosted was on Princess...no problem there🤗

9 minutes ago, myjillian said:

You never can tell with NCL...a few yrs ago they put all of my grands kids together ages 7-12...5 of them in the same group because they said there wern't  enough kids on board so they combined them:classic_wacko:...as a result they all dropped out!  The next family vacation we hosted was on Princess...no problem there🤗

They sometimes combine groups if there are few children, but they will not combine the kids club with the teen club. They might allow a 13 year old to move down, but I can’t imagine a teen wanting to be out in a restrictive 10 -12 year old group.