Just back from Vista - No CHEERS before leaving ship

R&S

We just returned from the Carnival Vista.  This is our second time on the ship.  The crew was great, the ship is lovely, and the food (in our opinion) was just ok in the dining room.  One thing I found surprising though was when we stopped by the Java Blue Café this morning, before leaving the ship, we were charged for our coffee.  They explained that CHEERS was not active on debarkation day.  

I understand Texas laws are unique and you cant use it on the first day, but this is the first I have heard about not allowing it on the last day.  Oh, and just to clarify we were not trying to get any alcohol in the drink...just coffee.  Is this a new change to the CHEERS program? 

56 minutes ago, R&S said:

We just returned from the Carnival Vista.  This is our second time on the ship.  The crew was great, the ship is lovely, and the food (in our opinion) was just ok in the dining room.  One thing I found surprising though was when we stopped by the Java Blue Café this morning, before leaving the ship, we were charged for our coffee.  They explained that CHEERS was not active on debarkation day.  

I understand Texas laws are unique and you cant use it on the first day, but this is the first I have heard about not allowing it on the last day.  Oh, and just to clarify we were not trying to get any alcohol in the drink...just coffee.  Is this a new change to the CHEERS program? 

You are purchasing by the number of NIGHTS. It runs 6am until 6am so nothing on the morning of debarkation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ve never tried but I thought I’ve read in the past that people get coffee on cheers debarkation day.

We got coffee and bottled water on debarkation morning covered by Cheers with no problem last year.

• Like 1

The Cheers day runs from 6am to 6am, so technically your Cheers expires at 6am on debarkation morning, so not surprised if you get charged for specialty coffees and such if it's after 6am. For those that have said they were not charged, then you got a bonus!!! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

The Cheers day runs from 6am to 6am, so technically your Cheers expires at 6am on debarkation morning.

My argument for that is, if I'm being charged for a full 24 hours for each day I have Cheers, and considering I don't board the ship at 6am on the first day, without priority boarding it's more like closer to 11am or noon at the earliest usually, they owe me a half day, well, 6 hours atleast, which I would think would be the morning I disembark. Also, I've never seen on the Cheers rules that it's not available on debarkation morning, but it does state that I must buy Cheers for the entire duration of the cruise, which I would consider to be from the moment I board the ship until I leave it, unless I boarded in Texas or NY.  

Edited by schazzy

19 minutes ago, schazzy said:

My argument for that is, if I'm being charged for a full 24 hours for each day I have Cheers, and considering I don't board the ship at 6am on the first day, without priority boarding it's more like closer to 11am or noon at the earliest usually, they owe me a half day, well, 6 hours atleast, which I would think would be the morning I disembark. Also, I've never seen on the Cheers rules that it's not available on debarkation morning, but it does state that I must buy Cheers for the entire duration of the cruise, which I would consider to be from the moment I board the ship until I leave it, unless I boarded in Texas or NY.  

You have a valid argument. The times that I have purchased Cheers I have never tried to buy anything the last morning, so I don't really know. But I know how Carnival thinks! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Jamman54

5 hours ago, schazzy said:

We got the bonus last summer on debarked morning last summer on Horizon too. Not only several spiked coffees, but we went back for cans of soda and bottles of water to take with us. If that is not the norm, we are thankful for the bonus!

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 3:53 PM, schazzy said:

We got coffee and bottled water on debarkation morning covered by Cheers with no problem last year.

We’ve had the same experience.  We’ve always grabbed an espresso on debarkation morning, and cheers worked.  I do believe that we may have been charged a tax, since we were back in US, but no charge on the drink.