Relieved at cost of Unlimited Arcade package price.

tallnthensome

Reached the 60 day mark today on our upcoming 15 day Panama Canal cruise. The arcade package for my kids came available. We were only required to buy one. It was only $161 for 15 days or $10.75 per day. The listed price was $23 per day so I anticipated in the $345 range. Not sure if pricing is different for longer cruises or if was just a mistake .... Nevertheless, I'll take it and the kids will be happy. 

Just be advised that not all games are on the package or at least it was that way on the Bliss a few weeks ago.  The slot where you swipe your card is either green or a yellow color.  The green ones were covered on the package and were basically anything that didn't give out prize tickets.  I would estimate that about 35-40% of all arcade machines were covered by the package.  Most were video games such as driving/racing games, shooting games, etc.  

We were on Bliss in October and my kids were disappointed that the majority of games they wanted to play were not included in the package. Funny story - on the second to last day we saw a family (2 adults, 2 kids) cashing out what looked to be hundreds of tickets for prizes. Not kidding - their prize haul was HUGE!!! I casually asked dad, "Wow! Either you guys are REALLY good at games or you shelled out a ton of cash!" His reply, "No, we had the arcade package so just kept playing!" I really didn't want to be the one to break the news, and would hate to be him when his bill arrived.......

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, eldrima said:

That was the price for the 7 day Bliss unlimited game card.  That price for 15 days would be money well spent...I suspect my kids would be really stir crazy on a 15 day cruise.

I agree, I had to get and suspect that the price I paid was for 7 and not 15 days so I guess it's a deal.

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

We were on Bliss in October and my kids were disappointed that the majority of games they wanted to play were not included in the package. Funny story - on the second to last day we saw a family (2 adults, 2 kids) cashing out what looked to be hundreds of tickets for prizes. Not kidding - their prize haul was HUGE!!! I casually asked dad, "Wow! Either you guys are REALLY good at games or you shelled out a ton of cash!" His reply, "No, we had the arcade package so just kept playing!" I really didn't want to be the one to break the news, and would hate to be him when his bill arrived.......

Oh, I can only imagine that bill!! LOL!  I've already told my girls which games are included and which are not. Why anyone would think that the package included unlimited prize redemption games is beyond me. Of course everyone would clear out all the prizes in the arcade within hours.  Unreal ......

24 minutes ago, PJDH4 said:

Does anyone know if games like pool, darts and real bowling at O'Sheehans are included?  I can't remember from our last cruise what color (green or yellow) these types of things had...

On NCL Breakaway darts and pool were included but not bowling.

17 hours ago, eldrima said:

That was the price for the 7 day Bliss unlimited game card.  That price for 15 days would be money well spent...I suspect my kids would be really stir crazy on a 15 day cruise.

No way I would take kids on a 15 day cruise...YMMV

8 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

No way I would take kids on a 15 day cruise...YMMV

Why? I'd take them on a world voyage if I could afford it. The Bliss seems like the perfect ship to do it. I wish my parents took me on a cruise period when I was a kid ..... but they didn't. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 12:34 AM, ceilidh1 said:

OMG ... the poor man.