Haiti

I got this from Jet Blue. I wonder how this will affect RCL? I always enjoyed the stop in  Labadee

Due to civil unrest in Haiti, we will waive change/cancel fees and fare differences for customers traveling Tuesday, February 12, 2019 through Friday, February 22, 2019 to/from the following city: 

·         Port-au-Prince, Haiti (PAP)

All customers traveling to/from the airport listed above are encouraged to check the status of their flight online or at mobile.jetblue.com prior to leaving for the airport.

Customers may rebook their flights for travel throughWednesday, February 27, 2019 online in the ‘Manage Flights’ section of jetblue.com or by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) prior to the departure time of their originally scheduled flight. Customers with cancelled flights may also opt for a refund to the original form of payment. Original travel must have been booked on or before Monday February 11, 2019.

Edited by FireStation46
Addin info

Everyone needs to "chill".... RCL will not stop at a port where there is unrest. Too much liability implications for company.

A year or 2 ago with the unrest in Cancun/Cozumel (ferry explosions).... a similar warning was sent out from Govt. Cruise lines continued to stop at the ports. 

We were there via the Allure last Friday, Feb 15th, a day or so after the warning came out. We were completely unaware of the warning at the time. We went to Amiga Island (highly recommended) and the people there were not RC workers but locals either way and were maybe the friendliest people we've met in quite awhile. I've felt way unsafer in plenty of other places including our own hometown so...

On 2/20/2019 at 7:42 AM, suesnake2002 said:

There are two live reviews going on now. Both went to labadee (Haiti), with no problems, in the past few days. 

That is, until screaming natives brandishing machetes come storming through the woods directly into Labadee, I bet the mood changes then.