Elite Breakfast ... do you leave a tip?

mafig

On Royal in the Diamond Lounge it is customary to leave a tip per drink (some do it by drink, others at the end of the cruise).

For the Elite Breakfast do most people leave a tip for a bloody mary  or mimosa and some pastries?

Usually, we try to sit in the same general area daily in order to have the same waitpersonfor the entire cruise.  Usually, we are lucky enough to have the same person serve us and we will have developed a nice rapport.  On the last day (second to the last morning) we will tip the server appropriately.  Not only do they bring a morning cocktail, but coffees, extra pastries, etc.! 

Edited by BocaRoo

1 minute ago, CruisinCons said:

We're new to Celebrity but will have Elite benefits thanks to our Royal status.  Are morning cocktails included in Elite breakfast, or are they extra?  Is there a specific area of the dining room that the Elite breakfast is served?

Yes, morning cocktails are included in the Elite breakfast, which is served in the Tuscan Grill (on most ships) from 8:00 am to 10:00 am.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

Yes, morning cocktails are included in the Elite breakfast, which is served in the Tuscan Grill (on most ships) from 8:00 am to 10:00 am.

Cool sounds like a better deal and longer time than luminae, will try to next month 

Depending on what we have and how many are at our table, we tip the server accordingly.   Sometimes they rotate servers, so if you see one in the first few days, they may be rotated to another station later in the cruise.  That's why we tip when service received.

I believe that the servers at the Elite breakfast are included in the automatic tipping pool.  We see different people every time we go, and while the service is usually good, it is rarely outstanding.  I consider that they are covered by the automatic gratuities, and I have never felt I needed to leave an extra tip there.

5 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

The menu at the Elite breakfast is much more limited than at Luminae or other breakfast locations.  I do not believe any hot items are offered.

On Silhouette last summer the items were plated. We ordered the Ultimate platter, which we then shared. The attached photo shows my portion ,less the cheese, as I am Dairy Intolerant. There was also a fruit platter served.

017673FC-74C9-4E98-9949-E619D531A46C.jpeg

This is one of the reasons I wonder how well a change to having tips included in the upfront cost of the cruise would work.  Some people, especially Americans,  have an unquenchable urge to tip, and to double-tip if tips are already included.  I’m happy to pay the autotips, but it has to be really incredible service to inspire me to tip extra after that.  

6 hours ago, lisiamc said:

This is one of the reasons I wonder how well a change to having tips included in the upfront cost of the cruise would work.  Some people, especially Americans,  have an unquenchable urge to tip, and to double-tip if tips are already included.  I’m happy to pay the autotips, but it has to be really incredible service to inspire me to tip extra after that.  

I'm with you on this. The tips are included!

However, if the service is exceptional I will tip my butler and room steward. Also, Michael's Club concierge, maybe the MC bar staff and perhaps a member of the Luminae team.  

Believe you're mixing apples and oranges (or mimosas and bellinis).   Evening drinks in the diamond lounge on royal are similar to nightly elite event on X.  We tip by drink for both.  Morning elite continental breakfast offerings are comparable to self-serve spread in diamond lounge.  We don't feel compelled to tip for breakfast.