Watch your medication!!!!!!

peggy1

22 hours ago, time4u2go said:

It could be several days before the ship reaches a port.  For some medications, that may be too late.

Which is why I am not saying to not keep your meds locked up, if they are a target.

But IF you need meds, I was pointing out that it is not difficult to get them in many countries.  In fact, easier than in the US.

Heck, some insurance companies are requiring docs to call in to justify blood pressure medications now.

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

I needed some cold meds once (forgot to check our standard stock before leaving) and on the way back to the ship found a pharmacy right near the port in the area with all of the souvenir shops. Stopped in and had what I needed in 5 minutes. Noticed that they had a lot of prescription meds for sale OTC, including anitbiotics. As for prices as I understand it (and I'm far from an expert) one of the reasons that our med prices are so high is the high quality assurance standards that the law demands. The drugs that fail the standard are shipped to countries without the high standards (and our litigious society might also affect the price).

The other reason is, that with insurance, they CAN charge those prices in the US.  And yes, we do pay for the FDA protocols.

Which is why at times there are drugs available outside the US, that are not available in the US for a long period of time.   

10 hours ago, Big_G said:

Didn’t see it but I might have a few choice words if someone accused my spouse or granddaughter of drug abuse too but maybe that’s just me.

Is it acceptable for the OP to accuse staff of theft (or drug addiction) to the exclusion of any other possibility and unacceptable for others to consider otherwise?

If so, please never get a job in law enforcement. 

This is the internet, not a courtroom. Strangers are free to accuse each other of anything they want.  In this case, the information provided by the OP supports the hypotheses made by others.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Big_G said:

Didn’t see it but I might have a few choice words if someone accused my spouse or granddaughter of drug abuse too but maybe that’s just me.

I can't begin to estimate how many people I have taken care of with that issue and parents, or other family members, who were either unsuspecting or in denial.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

I wasn't suggesting that, it was simply an observation. What I was buying would be sold OTC in the States also. My main point was that one doesn't need to spend a lot of time looking for a pharmacy.

Especially if you stop in Cozumel. They have a pharmacy right in the port shopping area.

On 2/28/2019 at 4:09 PM, peggy1 said:

When my husband asked to be connected to the CEO he was told he couldn't be reached by phone????

I love how people just think they can go right to the top and ignore any type chain of command.

Yeah, sure, the CEO of a billion dollar company just sits in their office all day waiting to take complaint calls. 

Did you tell them you were a member of Cruise Critic. They probably would have put you right through.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KevInPitt said:

Is it acceptable for the OP to accuse staff of theft (or drug addiction) to the exclusion of any other possibility and unacceptable for others to consider otherwise?

If so, please never get a job in law enforcement. 

This is the internet, not a courtroom. Strangers are free to accuse each other of anything they want.  In this case, the information provided by the OP supports the hypotheses made by others.

Sorry to disappoint you but I spent a career in law enforcement so I have a pretty good grasp on how substance abuse effects families and their own denial. As for the your theory on hypotheses, law enforcement does not make an accusation based solely on a hypotheses so there's that.

The point is you can say what you want on an anonymous blog on the internet but it doesn't make it cool. It's one thing to blame someone for not doing their cruise homework but another accusing their family of drug abuse. Just my honest opinion.

• Like 1

So that's your take away???  Go away!  How about staff are stealing peoples medications???  It was a warning for people who are smart enough to heed the warning.  Obviously, that doesn't apply to you!!!!

BIG_G.   Yes, it actually does disappoint me that you come from law enforcement  (if that's true).  Maybe a crossing guard???  I come from a family of law enforcement (actual law enforcement) who encouraged me to post to warn fellow cruisers.  Put on your yellow vest and go out there and help school kids cross the street.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, peggy1 said:

BIG_G.   Yes, it actually does disappoint me that you come from law enforcement  (if that's true).  Maybe a crossing guard???  I come from a family of law enforcement (actual law enforcement) who encouraged me to post to warn fellow cruisers.  Put on your yellow vest and go out there and help school kids cross the street.  

Heh, he's one of the few posters that has been pretty much supporting you...  You must be a joy to be around.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Big_G said:

No one wants to believe their loved ones are abusing drugs - until they actually are.

21 minutes ago, peggy1 said:

So that's your take away???  Go away!  How about staff are stealing peoples medications???  It was a warning for people who are smart enough to heed the warning.  Obviously, that doesn't apply to you!!!!

Did you drug test your granddaughter?

22 minutes ago, peggy1 said:

With no proof it was actually the staff.

• Clarea locked this topic