Mardi Gras to feature Emirel Lagasse restaurant

jimbo5544

7 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

I do agree. I think the 'dining room with set dining' will be gone sooner than later. I think what the younger generation is looking for is more options and more flexibility. Nothing wrong with that.

I agree, we actually looked at maybe trying NCL not long ago because we liked the idea of the freestyle dining, unfortunately I couldn't find any cruises that matched our preferred cruising dates. One reason we are giving the Sunshine a go is it does have several dining options other than just the buffet for dinner. 

11 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

So speaking of "restaurants", I have noted something that possibly was discussed ad nauseum back when Horizon was first announced, so sorry of this is a dead horse that I am re-animating for the purposes of beating it again:

On Horizon, Panorama, and Mardi Gras, there are no "dining rooms" - they are all "restaurants".  On Mardi Gras we will have "The Palm Restaurant" and "The Flamingo Restaurant".  On Horizon they are the "Meridian Restaurant" and "Reflection Restaurant".  Compare to the Breeze with "Blush Dining Room" and "Sapphire Dining Room".

Yeah, the ships still have "Main Dining".  But I wonder whether this is a subtle effort to get the pax to explore the other "restaurants", and move away from the "boring old stuffy formal dining room for old people not in a hurry" (not my opinion, but one that seems to be growing).

John must following you here....he mentioned this topic on his FB blog today.

Edited by jimbo5544

16 hours ago, schazzy said:

I agree, we actually looked at maybe trying NCL not long ago because we liked the idea of the freestyle dining, unfortunately I couldn't find any cruises that matched our preferred cruising dates. One reason we are giving the Sunshine a go is it does have several dining options other than just the buffet for dinner. 

Styles of dining/food options change over time and the lines change along with the trends. Some folks have a tough time with that, but listen the dining options arent going to be the same as 1995, they just arent. 

We really like NCL, been cruising them a fair amount these past couple years, mainly out of NYC. I'm sure you will enjoy the experience when the dates and itins match what you're looking for. 

Edited by elcuchio24
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2019 at 2:41 PM, cruizergal70 said:

Wow. At first, I thought you werr being snobby. Then I read how you think the Steakhouse is a 5 star restaurant.  Instead of a snob, I just think you must lack exposure to true high end places. 

NO RESTAURANT on any of the mainstream lines are 5 star. No insult to the chefs.  Ships, food purchasing, staff, volume, etc makes it almost impossible to truly be high end.

These places are just reasonable facsimiles for the uninitiated.

I disagree with this.

1.  The Disney ships have Remy which is 5 star and i would say my dinner at Murano on Celebrity, let alone Queen's Grill on Cunard.

1 hour ago, gkbiiii said:

I disagree with this.

1.  The Disney ships have Remy which is 5 star and i would say my dinner at Murano on Celebrity, let alone Queen's Grill on Cunard.

Disney isn't considered a mainstream line, nor is Cunard.  Murano is a star off a 5 rating.

Edited by StolidCruiser
  • Like 1