Mardi Gras to feature Emirel Lagasse restaurant

jimbo5544

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Finally some edible food!  I don't understand just 60 seats when she holds over 5k people, that doesn't make any sense to me.  We will be 13 people so far....I wonder if they offer take out boxes where we can eat somewhere else?

Hardly a post ever without a little bash in it...amazing

• Haha 1

another reason to go on the Mardi Gras (like I wasn't gonna go on her anyway).  We thoroughly enjoyed the two time we ate at his restaurant in Orlando.  I happily eat Cajun food from trucks so I don't see why I wouldn't eat it from a cruise ship.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure why they would have more than 60 seats. I was on a Dream class of 3700 people and there was no more than 20-25 people in the steakhouse at 6:30 with plenty of available seats. Sure it's not an equal comparison, but listing number of total passengers isn't either.

Edited by Joebucks

58 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I'm not sure why they would have more than 60 seats. I was on a Dream class of 3700 people and there was no more than 20-25 people in the steakhouse at 6:30 with plenty of available seats. Sure it's not an equal comparison, but listing number of total passengers isn't either.

Despite the comment from my friend , they actually plan the space needed for restaurants.

Jimboo5544 I just say it as it is to me, I hide nothing and speak the truth.  When we cruise Carnival and the steakhouse is on it, we dine there every night, it is our most favorite specialty restaurant out of many cruise lines.  I am so looking forward to this Mardi Gras, a ship that finally can compete with my favorite RC Oasis class ships.:classic_biggrin:

For me, Emerills bistro is more of a place to have lunch and I will so be there.

12 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Jimboo5544 I just say it as it is to me, I hide nothing and speak the truth.  When we cruise Carnival and the steakhouse is on it, we dine there every night, it is our most favorite specialty restaurant out of many cruise lines.  I am so looking forward to this Mardi Gras, a ship that finally can compete with my favorite RC Oasis class ships.:classic_biggrin:

For me, Emerills bistro is more of a place to have lunch and I will so be there.

I never doubted your integrity....  I can also agree that Carnival's steakhouse is the best of main stream cruise lines.  It gets cloudy from there...... but to each their own.

Edited by jimbo5544

6 hours ago, BoDidly said:

You don't actually think it will be the Emeril for real do you ?

If I sneak a pic of him a the naming ceremony in New York would that sway your opinion?  Obviously he will not be in the kitchen, but I bet he will def have a hand in the menu/prep as his name is tied to it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Finally some edible food!  I don't understand just 60 seats when she holds over 5k people, that doesn't make any sense to me.  We will be 13 people so far....I wonder if they offer take out boxes where we can eat somewhere else?

It may have to do with the # of chefs assigned to the restaurant. I once asked why I was not able to get the reservation time I requested as clearly  the venue was not full and had many empty tables. I was told they only book for as many as the chefs would be able to cook each dish fresh for each dish ordered.

Made perfect sense to me.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I never doubted your integrity....  I can also agree that Carnival's steakhouse is the best of main stream cruise lines.  It gets cloudy from there...... but to each their own.

Unfortunately, I did not try Fahrenheit 555 on the Horizon, and I really regret that. 

As far as food is concerned, between the two lines I find the MDR and the Buffet about equal. IMO RCI does not even come close to Blue Iguana Cantina (breakfast and lunch), Guys Burger Joint, Guys Pig & Anchor, Carnival Deli, Pizzeria Del Capitano, The sweet spot in the lido marketplace with those fantastic cakes, and I am sure.. Big Chicken.

Emeril's looks like a nice option. Also, to whomever mentioned it... On Oasis 150 Central Park seats 50, Chops seats 100, Izumi seats 70, so I think based on size they have it figured right at 60.

• Like 2

Wow, just saw pictures (some renderings) of the Mardi Gras. I really like the colors, design and moderness of the state rooms. Nothing wrong with the Vista, Horizon and Breeze but, the Mardi Gras looks futuristic inside wise and less 1990's Holiday Inn, North Bergen, New Jersey. Restaurant looks good too. Note to Carnival please have the Mardi Gras have some Baltimore and Miami sailings. Please and thank you Carnival! What to Expect on Carnival’s Newest Ship, Mardi GrasCarnival's Mardi Gras Itineraries, Staterooms & Bookings ...Finally, Carnival is getting away from the austere Holiday Inn style Earth Tones. This looks brighter, more energy efficient and a breath of fresh ocean air!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I assume you don’t cruise on Carnival, since it would be pretty silly for someone to cruise on a ship without edible food in their opinion. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BoDidly said:

You don't actually think it will be the Emeril for real do you ?

Emeril has a number of restaurants. Do you think he is in any of them? I have been pleased with what I have tried at some of them. Is Guy actually behind the counter flipping burgers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Emeril has a number of restaurants. Do you think he is in any of them? I have been pleased with what I have tried at some of them. Is Guy actually behind the counter flipping burgers?

By The Emeril  , Im suggesting the Emeril product itself , not the man .

Of course not . That's my point, the quality of food will fail to be what's expected from land based restaurants.

It may in the beginning but at the prices offered you're not going to get the same product.

Even Guys' product on the ships changed after a few short months.

Edited by BoDidly

2 hours ago, zippyjet said:

Wow, just saw pictures (some renderings) of the Mardi Gras. I really like the colors, design and moderness of the state rooms. Nothing wrong with the Vista, Horizon and Breeze but, the Mardi Gras looks futuristic inside wise and less 1990's Holiday Inn, North Bergen, New Jersey. Restaurant looks good too. Note to Carnival please have the Mardi Gras have some Baltimore and Miami sailings. Please and thank you Carnival! What to Expect on Carnival’s Newest Ship, Mardi GrasCarnival's Mardi Gras Itineraries, Staterooms & Bookings ...Finally, Carnival is getting away from the austere Holiday Inn style Earth Tones. This looks brighter, more energy efficient and a breath of fresh ocean air!

Baltimore isn’t going to happen as there’s a bridge issue.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I think it’s a great concept for people who want a nice sit down breakfast

but don’t want to wait in line.

That's why God made Main Dining Rooms!

I get a nice sit-down breakfast, with strangers to talk to!!! (oh the horror! lol)

every cruise I take.

All dinners and all breakfasts happen in one place only

and it's not on Lido!

9 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

That's why God made Main Dining Rooms!

I get a nice sit-down breakfast, with strangers to talk to!!! (oh the horror! lol)

every cruise I take.

All dinners and all breakfasts happen in one place only

and it's not on Lido!

No I was excited to see an upgraded option for breakfast that’s not the MDR or the lido.

• Like 2

If they have people that want to try it, but they are unable to get a table/seat, they will turn away from it.  I know we will all be there, we will be a party of 13 and if we aren't able to get to dine for lunch here it will be remembered as a negative on this cruise and will stick with our memory.  I just hope they planned it right, on another note, if we can get take out and eat it somewhere else, I have no problem with that.

Phillyfan33575, obviously I used the wrong word, but when I think of the food on Carnival and when I cruise Carnival it is certainly not for the food.  To us, we consider Carnival food to be "inferior" low quality, but the Steakhouse to me is a 5 star restaurant overall and I feel for the price it is very cheap.  I do know and expect the Mardi Gras being their newest and largest ship and I figure they want to compete with the other cruise lines mega ships, I believe it will truly live up to my expectations and become my most favorite Carnival ship and most likely the food be superior too.

Edited by Cruisegirl6