Mardi Gras to feature Emirel Lagasse restaurant

jimbo5544

EMERIL'S BISTRO 1396

Could we really build a French Quarter into Mardi Gras without an Emeril restaurant? It would be tough. So we went to the man himself and he was like “Sure Carnival, kick it up a notch”… and that was pretty much that! 

In 2020, Mardi Gras will set sail with Emeril Lagasse’s first-ever restaurant at sea: Emeril’s Bistro 1396. Everybody knows about Emeril’s love for Creole cuisine. Sharing his hometown favorites with the world is his life’s work and now your clients will enjoy the authentic bayou flavors and fun that New Orleans is known for on their vacation. We’re talking about fried oysters, BBQ shrimp, duck & sausage gumbo, po-boys, muffuletta sandwiches, fresh ceviche, jambalaya and more. We’re serving up Emeril’s faves all day… and because flavors this big don’t just sleep in, we do it for breakfast too with choices like shrimp and grits, breakfast po-boys and bananas foster crepes! Raw bar, incredible desserts and Crescent City atmosphere round out the experience. 

Are you hungry? We’re hungry. Emeril, is it too early to get in line?

MG-Landing-Page-Dining.jpg?la=en&hash=9C

• Like 6

Just now, ProgRockCruiser said:

Hah!  Did I not make this guess, at first as an offhand joke, then more seriously when we found out about the differently themed areas?

Cool!

I believe you in fact did, another home run addition for food options.  

Sounds great! I don’t think I’ve ever sailed a ship with a breakfast option extra fee specialty restaurant. I think it’s a great concept for people who want a nice sit down breakfast but don’t want to wait in line.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

Hi ☺️

'Emeril's Bistro 1396' will be a 60 seat venue onboard Mardi Gras. 

Appetizers will be priced starting at $2. And signature dishes costing up to $12.

1396 is the actual (yard number) at Meyer Turku Shipyard where Mardi Gras is being built.

🍷

Edited by PortSideCruzan
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Sounds great! I don’t think I’ve ever sailed a ship with a breakfast option extra fee specialty restaurant. I think it’s a great concept for people who want a nice sit down breakfast but don’t want to wait in line.

That would be the main dining eoom

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

There is no mention, we will see.  

Like @PortSideCruzan just said:

"The a la carte menu will feature fairly inexpensive price points with $2 appetizers and entrees up to $12."

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-ae-emeril-lagasse-carnival-mardi-gras-cruise-ship-20190306-story.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, schazzy said:

Like @PortSideCruzan just said:

"The a la carte menu will feature fairly inexpensive price points with $2 appetizers and entrees up to $12."

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-ae-emeril-lagasse-carnival-mardi-gras-cruise-ship-20190306-story.html

Thanks!!

9 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

That would be the main dining eoom

No there is usually a line to get into there for breakfast. I’m glad to see a pay venue option that probably won’t have a line because it’s a pay venue option to have a nice sit down breakfast. The post you quoted said they’d offer breakfast too and I’m assuming there’d be a fee involved.

35 minutes ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi ☺️

Appetizers will be priced starting at $2. And signature dishes costing up to $12.

1396 is the actual (yard number) at Meyer Turku Shipyard where Mardi Gras is being built.

🍷

Great prices for something Emeril!

9 minutes ago, BoDidly said:

You don't actually think it will be the Emeril for real do you ?

You don’t actually think he’s the one doing all of the cooking in Emeril’s do you?

I assume it will be other chefs executing his recipes..which cost a lot more than $2-12 in New Orleans.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi ☺️

🍷

So with seating limited to 60 (i.e. 15 families of 4, or 30 couples), any guesses as to whether there will be line-ups?  (Hope not, @Jerseygirl1416!)

I understand why they are charging for this, it is above-and-beyond the usual lunch fare, but I don't think I would go for lunch more than once per cruise if the Lido buffet, Guys (Burger and Smokehouse), and Blue Iguana still offer the same quality as today.

I have my doubts as to whether it will be worth it for dinner, though - by purchasing the cruise, I've already paid for a pretty good meal in the MDR (IMHO).  In my mind (hello, is there anybody in there?), a meal at Emeril's should be roughly equivalent.  We did the Steakhouse last time as a special treat of a meal better in quality than that of the MDR.

Probably give it a go once for dinner, I suppose!

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I assume it will be other chefs executing his recipes..which cost a lot more than $2-12 in New Orleans.

By George I think you have it .:classic_biggrin: Swiftly becoming a watered down version of the real deal.

Finally some edible food!  I don't understand just 60 seats when she holds over 5k people, that doesn't make any sense to me.  We will be 13 people so far....I wonder if they offer take out boxes where we can eat somewhere else?

Edited by Cruisegirl6

We ate in Emeril's NOLA restaurant and had a very pleasant and enjoyable meal.  Our waiter convinced me to try the Gulf Drum and Evelyn had the salmon, excellent choices!  (And before someone says we could get salmon in the MDR for free, we'd gladly pay extra for the upgraded Emeril version)

If I sail the Mardi Gras, I'd book at least one dinner in Emeril's in addition to our usual Steakhouse night.

2 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

No there is usually a line to get into there for breakfast. I’m glad to see a pay venue option that probably won’t have a line because it’s a pay venue option to have a nice sit down breakfast. The post you quoted said they’d offer breakfast too and I’m assuming there’d be a fee involved.

I am not sure that is a safe assumption, but we will see.  For the record the line to sit for breakfast is not very long.