People sleep in the Observation Lounge?

Loreni

4 hours ago, KateQ22003 said:

I wouldn't sit on either of those, either if I knew people were sitting on them with bare feet. It's bad enough that they smoke on them outside. Fabric retains smells and dirt, and I have never seen those loungers be shampooed.

Unless you are about 7'6" tall, it's impossible to sit on a chaise like they have in the Observation Lounge or one of the outdoor loungers without having your feet on it. I'd prefer people at least wear socks on the chaises, but not many people on a cruise in the warmer climates are going to realistically be wearing socks. As for the outdoor loungers, most people are barefoot on the pool decks so I think it's highly unrealistic for those people to be wearing socks.

• Like 1

I've seen so many comments about how repulsive feet are in these observation lounge discussions, it really makes me wonder what is wrong with y'all's poor feet. Why are you so scared of feet on a couch but touching the same tongs at the buffet that several hundred people have just touched is just not even on your radar?

16 hours ago, socston said:

I've seen so many comments about how repulsive feet are in these observation lounge discussions, it really makes me wonder what is wrong with y'all's poor feet. Why are you so scared of feet on a couch but touching the same tongs at the buffet that several hundred people have just touched is just not even on your radar?

It's not about "poor feet"; it's about where they have been. Unless your hands have been on bathroom floors, you really can't compare hands and feet.

9 hours ago, Georgie562 said:

November 2018 Panama Canal Cruise

these folks made sure they got good seats for the transit 

CA125145-DEDD-43A2-96E6-F379CD1177B9.jpeg

What they are doing is BS. They should be removed.

On our recent crusoe on Bliss, we found lots of people sleeping ib the lounge, mornign, afternoons and evenings. Thing is, they would be sleeping on the loungers and the area is for 4 or more people and they take the entire space for them to have a snooze.  We were 6 people and I did ask one person if their cabin was being cleaned and they could not go there. He was a bit belligerent but got up. As he was leaving, he was applauded by folks in the area.

There was another situation where on one enclave there was 2 people, one on each couch, sleeping wasting an entire area and preventing others from sitting. I was tempted to pull the tables together between the couches where they were sleeping, and surround them with the chairs but my Wife with her much better judgement, prevented me from doing that.

I personally think that the staff, that are constantly walking about, should not allow this sort of thing, especially if the ship is full (as ours was) and many folks walking about looking to sit somewhere..

Edited by pete_coach