Seaside, Ocean Cay, YC Cabana Question

js

Hi. 
Two weeks ago, I saw a $500 YC Cabana at Ocean Cay on the excursion list.  I will be back on Seaside in February 2020 (week after President's week).

We were going on our cruise and then a week in Florida so was going to book when I returned to work.

I am looking now and no longer see the YC Cabana listed as even sold out. 
Was it taken off the excursion list or would it just not show up if sold out.
I see I can request two other cabanas but would really have preferred the one in the YC area, if there will be an actual YC area in Ocean Cay.

So disappointed if sold out since I really wanted to book it.

Thank you.

Edited by js

i was able to book a YC oceanview Cabana  - and still on my booking - they do still offer 1 other as well.  There is an option for  OceanFront -(which i really wanted) - but the  OceanFront is sold out but still showing as an option....we are the first ship Meraviglia on the 9th of November...

Edited by marcoigna

8 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

i was able to book a YC oceanview Cabana  - and still on my booking - they do still offer 1 other as well.  There is an option for  OceanFront -(which i really wanted) - but the  OceanFront is sold out but still showing as an option....we are the first ship Meraviglia on the 9th of November...

Hi, Mario:  We missed you on Seaside last week!  I am looking at our YC B2B next year and the only cabana options showing are Ocean Cay Beach Cabana, and Deluxe OCBC.  The numbers are OCC14 and OCC15.  Are there other options we are not seeing?  Thanks for any information.  

2 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Hi, Mario:  We missed you on Seaside last week!  I am looking at our YC B2B next year and the only cabana options showing are Ocean Cay Beach Cabana, and Deluxe OCBC.  The numbers are OCC14 and OCC15.  Are there other options we are not seeing?  Thanks for any information.  

You should join us all on the Meraviglia on the re-positioning New York to Miami this fall - or perhaps ur nervous to lose at Euchre...LOL!!!! - hope all is well with u both....

on our booking we are showing an OCC16  as Yacht Club Ocean View Cabana and OCC17 at Yacht Club Beach Front Cabana - 

as mentioned i was able to book the OCC16 and paid for, and still on my booking as well as the availability of our sailing for all the cabanas - 

i guess time will tell - firstly they need to finish the Island so i am not getting too stressed over this Cabana issue - i guess my only concern is the cost of the YC Cabana - the inclusions seem to be identical for all Cabanas whether YC or not, so IMO, they are gauging on the price for the YC Cabanas - 

Description:

OCEAN VIEW YACHT CLUB CABANA (max. 6 guests) (OCC16)

Escape with family and friends for an idyllic day in the comfort and privacy of a Yacht Club cabana. You will have access to your private cabana for the whole day, making for easy-going and convenient enjoyment of the sun and sea. You'll be welcomed with a delicious fruit platter, fresh water and towels and have access to food and beverage service. In addition, four sets of snorkelling equipment and four complimentary floating mats are provided to explore and relax in the turquoise Bahamian waters.

Please note: guests will have use of the cabana (with space for up to 6 people), amenities include a welcome fruit flatter, fresh drinking water, beach towels, 4 floating beach mats and 4 sets of snorkelling equipment. The listed price is per cabana (not per person).

Thank you for this information.
So, your Ocean Front shows but not available to book.
I am not sure why I was able to see the YC Cabana on Ocean Cay two weeks ago and now

I cannot.

I think I am going to call them now and see if I can book but really didn't want to speak to MSC

and wait on hold so long and have the possibility of having the wrong item booked.

I'll report back.

Edited by js

MSC doesn't see it. The woman on the phone wouldn't have let me book it on the phone with her

even if she saw it since she said all excursions need to be booked online or through my TA. I have always called

RCCL, NCL to book specialty restaurants even though I use a TA so this was a first for me.

The agent didn't care to try to help me or even try to understand why it may be missing.

She also told me a few times, two weeks ago I was looking at the $249 cabana and it would come to $500.

I told her the cabanas are per cabana, not per person but she told me I was mistaken.

I told her the cabana that was listed for YC showed $500 so even if it was per person, it would have been $1000.

It was clear that I was very much annoying her even though I was very pleasant even though she was making it very hard:

As I mentioned to the agent, if I look at my excursion list, it starts as:

OCC07 though OCC 15

then

OCC 16 and OCC 17 are missing

Then is starts back up at OCC18-OCC24

Do you think they took it out for some reason? I want to be in the YC area even if I don't have a cabana so don't want to rent on another part of the island but I really want a cabana and from what was stated above, even sold out cabanas are shown on the excursion list, just unable to book.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, marcoigna said:

You should join us all on the Meraviglia on the re-positioning New York to Miami this fall - or perhaps ur nervous to lose at Euchre...LOL!!!! - hope all is well with u both....

I'd love too, but can't work it into our schedule with our Ireland trip this June.  I saw Derek at a swim meet, and he said he and Daniel had a great time on Seaside with you guys back in the fall.  Hope you have a great time on the Meraviglia!

I'll work on my Euchre play so that I am not too embarrassed about losing.  That word - losing - what does that mean?  It must not be something good!:classic_laugh:  Lol!

This thread caught my interest so I checked our 12/8 sailing of the Meraviglia (in the YC) for YC Cabanas and it shows OOC14 available to book, but makes no mention of location (YC area, ocean view, in the back behind the restrooms, or in the ocean). It does state: " The listed price is per cabana (not per person)." Then right below it says "$249 per adult." I guess an adult is not a person. In any case, I assume that $500 is the cost.

Luckily we have no interest in renting a cabana no matter the location or cost, but it is interesting that they cannot get something so simple as the price correct. We usually spend the last day packing so we may not even get off the ship due to packing and other unrelated (medical/physical) issues (we almost never get off the ship during a cruise). The Spa should be nice and empty; if it is open.........

Edited by sptrout

A little off topic, but why doesn't the "Enhance Your Cruise" section remove items that are already included in the YC? For example; all beverage packages are available to purchase even though the YC includes nearly everything. I noticed the same thing last year for our first MSC cruise, also in the YC, and the buy anything "Enhance Your Cruise" section made it confusing as to what really was included. We had no interest in buying anything except extra Internet time (some was included in our booking) so I just let it go until we boarded. MSC really could use a little (OK a lot) of website programming, but others are just as bad or worse.

Sometimes on other lines, the cabanas look like they too are per person but it is per cabana.

The actual YC cabana on Ocean Cay says YC Cabana. What you are seeing are the other two

"regular" cabanas somewhere outside the YC area on Ocean Cay.  It was there two weeks ago but

now the actual two numbers (ocean front/view are no longer showing).

If I had it already booked I wouldn't be "too stressed" either but I don't and there are only a limited number to book, although I'm not stressed, just wish I would have booked.

I guess I will just need to keep looking on the site since MSC has no clue or cared to even listen.

4 minutes ago, Brendaflamingo said:

Hello

Does anyone have a picture of the Cabanas on the Marine Reserve?  Ive already booked a cabana and if we get a lot of people going we might want more than one. Trying to see how it might work out.

Brenda

Impossible for pics. The islsnd isnt even built.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sptrout said:

Right below it says "$249 per adult." I guess an adult is not a person. In any case, I assume that $500 is the cost.

It does clearly state per cabana upto 6 people / not pee person 

31 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

It does clearly state per cabana upto 6 people / not pee person 

I think that it is poorly worded, but maybe that is just me. 

BTW - - After rereading your previous posts I noticed that your booking specifically says 'Yacht Club......" Nowhere in my Enhance Your Cruise section is YC even mentioned and certainly not in relation to the Cabanas. Does that mean that YC cabanas are sold out or is my booking messed-up somehow, even though everything in the paperwork, including the cabin, says YC?

Edited by sptrout

I have two sailings that include Ocean cay, both types of YC cabanas were available then all disappeared two days later.  So far I've only heard  marcoigna say they were able to book one.  For a while both of the non-YC cabanas types were available, now only the standard is left.  It doesn't look to me like MSC is showing them as sold out, but just removing them from the offering.  The only thing that makes me wonder is that each type has disappeared from both of my sailings at the exact same time, which gives a small chance they are revising them. 

I really think it will be bad if other than a cabana the only way I will find shade is to rent an umbrella for $12.

I have been trying to book a Cabana since Sunday - noticed that about a week ago the Ocean Front YC Cabana disappeared, but the Ocean View one was available - when I actually tried to book only the standard cabana was showing up.  Spent almost an hour on the phone with MSC - once I had established I was wanting to book OCC16 or OCC17 the customer service rep told me that it was now on my booking but I should wait 20 minutes for it to show up.  Two days later and still nothing (although twice my cruise documents have been sent to me since the phone call because of a "change").    Now unsure if I should just book the standard cabana while it's still there or hold out and hope the Ocean view or ocean front ones return.

Looking at the picture posted above, it looks like there is no beach in the yacht club area.  That would be a bummer.  I'm on a cruise that leaves 11/9 and will be one of the first there.  I've never rented a cabana so I'm sure I'll be fine wherever I end up.  Does anyone know how big the actual cay is?  If the boat is to scale in the picture it can't be that big.

3 hours ago, heidikay said:

Looking at the picture posted above, it looks like there is no beach in the yacht club area.  That would be a bummer.  I'm on a cruise that leaves 11/9 and will be one of the first there.  I've never rented a cabana so I'm sure I'll be fine wherever I end up.  Does anyone know how big the actual cay is?  If the boat is to scale in the picture it can't be that big.

I also noticed no beach in YC area.  Interesting.