Awesome time on the Carnival Pride - Detailed review 2/24/19-3/3/19

todurkin

Super review and great pictures,thanks Tom for posting this.

Glad you and Sandi a had a great time.

My wife and I are on Miracle next year to Alaska, and loved your cheese and snacks idea.

Although I'm not sure how the weather will be for HH on the balcony:classic_biggrin:

10 hours ago, Cairns Cruisers said:

Super review and great pictures,thanks Tom for posting this.

Glad you and Sandi a had a great time.

My wife and I are on Miracle next year to Alaska, and loved your cheese and snacks idea.

Although I'm not sure how the weather will be for HH on the balcony:classic_biggrin:

Thank you! This was the first crusie I had taken on snacks like that. Sailing 20 minutes from home allowed us to take a few more items that usual. It was great being able to make a little snack plate for HH.

Alaska is next on our list! You can still make HH work, just may need to have a few layers on...lol

1 hour ago, todurkin said:

Thank you! This was the first crusie I had taken on snacks like that. Sailing 20 minutes from home allowed us to take a few more items that usual. It was great being able to make a little snack plate for HH.

Alaska is next on our list! You can still make HH work, just may need to have a few layers on...lol

For your Alaska cruise try and find one that does the inside passage to or from Vancouver .  It is an awesome experience and also Glacier Bay.  Carnival only does a few of these a year.  We were on the Spirit, the sister ship to the Pride, and had an aft wrap balcony.  Loved the room and the ship for Alaska.

19 hours ago, BigDoug said:

That would be Happy Hour.😁

BigDoug is correct! We loved our private happy hours on the balcony. For that hour, we just sat and relaxed, enjoyed some cocktails, listened to music, and just chilled...

21 hours ago, swodog94 said:

Great review! We love Pride and have cruised her four times. Agree with all your assessments: perfect size, never feels crowded, good food and beverage service and awesome staff and crew! 

Couldn't agree more, especially about the staff and crew! One thing we noticed, that we really liked, was how clean everything was, and how they were constantly cleaning the heavy trafficked areas, such as the hand rails on the steps.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed your review. Baltimore is an easy drive for us (about 7 hours) from our home in WNY. Granted, we couldn’t do the drive day of cruise, but no flying would be great! Perhaps the Pride will be in our future. For now, we have the Magic booked for a B2B in April 2020.

17 hours ago, mapman_2004 said:

Great review, thanks!  love that you're laid back and seemed to enjoy everything.  Must be because you're a soccer player and coach.  We're the coolest people, IMO, lol.

No doubt!! lol

9 hours ago, mexicobob said:

One of the best reviews I have read.  Good words.  Good pictures.  Definitely made me want to book another cruise.  

Thanks for taking the time to post your great experience.

Glad you enjoyed it, and thank you for the kind words! I really enjoyed putting the review together. Took me back on the ship!

15 hours ago, Gamecock1216 said:

Y'all are so adorable! What a great trip you had! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! 

13 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I really enjoyed your review. Baltimore is an easy drive for us (about 7 hours) from our home in WNY. Granted, we couldn’t do the drive day of cruise, but no flying would be great! Perhaps the Pride will be in our future. For now, we have the Magic booked for a B2B in April 2020.

Lots of great hotels near the Port of Baltimore. My brother lives in NY, and he and his wife have talked about coming down for a cruise out of Baltimore as well.

Enjoy your B2B on the Magic!