hotels near Los Angles port

bingobunny14

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

In San Pedro the Doubltree or the Crown Plaza are about 5-10 minutes from the pier.

I've stayed at both and the DoubleTree is much nicer/newer and overlooks a marina, but there is really nothing within walking distance.  The Crowne Plaza is a short walk to museums and restaurants.  But like a lot of Crowne Plazas in the US, it could use a facelift.  It seems like they both provided shuttle service to local attractions and the cruise pier.

18 minutes ago, fishin' musician said:

I've stayed at both and the DoubleTree is much nicer/newer and overlooks a marina, but there is really nothing within walking distance.  The Crowne Plaza is a short walk to museums and restaurants.  But like a lot of Crowne Plazas in the US, it could use a facelift.  It seems like they both provided shuttle service to local attractions and the cruise pier.

I don’t care for either one and stay in Long Beach now.

• Like 1

We are sailing out of San Pedro next month.  We come in to LAX the day before and are taking a Prime Time Shuttle to the Crown Plaza.  We have stayed there before pre cruise and the only plus is it's location.  What irks me is that they charge a premium price and still charge for internet.  

Crown Plaza is in the historic area within walking distance to restaurants and other stores. Comfortable hotel and location.

The Doubletree is at the marina, about 2 miles from the downtown area.  Nicer hotel, there is a large seafood restaurant on the harbor walkway. The Doubletree runs shuttles to local places.

The Sunrise is around the corner from the Crown Plaza. Less expensive, includes a small cont. breakfast. For one night maybe it's just the thing.

All these hotels have free shuttles to the pier.

Ports of Call is no more, flattened down to the soil. Come back in two years to see the rebuild.

The Fish Market is still operating.

36 minutes ago, IDsailor said:

We are sailing out of San Pedro next month.  We come in to LAX the day before and are taking a Prime Time Shuttle to the Crown Plaza.  We have stayed there before pre cruise and the only plus is it's location.  What irks me is that they charge a premium price and still charge for internet.  

We use Crowne Plaza. We have never been charged for Internet access there. We like to take the short walk to San Pedro Brewing Company for food and good beer. It's a longer walk but not real bad to get down to either CVS or Longs to snag our wine for the cabin so we don't have to fly with it in our luggage. On one trip we scored great pricing using the "make a bid" thing on Priceline. We had it for a day pre-cruise and a day post-cruise. I think we paid something like $88 one day and $89 the other day (?). The last time we booked there we weren't able to get anything near that pricing but, as I said, it's convenient to the places we want/need to go while there and there is a shuttle. It's actually close enough one could walk to the ship if you don't have a ton of luggage.

1 hour ago, IDsailor said:

If you join their loyalty club (IHG) - internet is free I believe. I have their credit card so I get it free. I think you just have to join but am unsure. I am not impressed with Crown Plaza.