To Book or not to book. That is the question.

jalee7

So we take a family cruise every year after spring break season is over. We do this for 2 reasons. All of the kids are back in school (so the ship is not over flowing with spring breakers) and the price is better. Our family includes myself, my husband and my 2 yr old.  Well I have been watching a Royal Caribbean cruise in May. The price dropped this weekend. I noticed that there are still quite a few cabins left. So do you chance it and hope the price will drop again. Or do you go ahead and book it. What do you think?  

If if I book it now and the price drops, will Royal upgrade me?

5 minutes ago, jalee7 said:

So we take a family cruise every year after spring break season is over. We do this for 2 reasons. All of the kids are back in school (so the ship is not over flowing with spring breakers) and the price is better. Our family includes myself, my husband and my 2 yr old.  Well I have been watching a Royal Caribbean cruise in May. The price dropped this weekend. I noticed that there are still quite a few cabins left. So do you chance it and hope the price will drop again. Or do you go ahead and book it. What do you think?  

If you are in the US or Canada price drops will be honored up till final payment.  You can upgrade at any time.

16 minutes ago, jalee7 said:

If you have found a price and an itinerary you like, I would book it.  The closer you get to sailing date, the less likely you are to find a cabin available for 3.

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

If you have found a price and an itinerary you like, I would book it.  The closer you get to sailing date, the less likely you are to find a cabin available for 3.

Good point. That’s why I posted this question on cc.  Thanks for the response. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Another vote to Book It NOW!  :classic_cool:

12 hours ago, voyager70 said:

If you are in the US or Canada price drops will be honored up till final payment.  You can upgrade at any time.

A May cruise is already past final payment.

Unless the OP is shopping May 2020 cruises.

Hi Everyone,

I took your advice and went ahead and book the cruise. So I booked the Mariner of the Seas 4 day cruise with perfect day at Coco Cay.  Which is really what I am looking forward to.  I hope they are able to meet the May deadline.  I also received an obc of $25 which isnt much but I will cash in some of my reward points.

Thank you for the great advice.  I am so excited.

13 minutes ago, jalee7 said:

Hi Everyone,

I took your advice and went ahead and book the cruise. So I booked the Mariner of the Seas 4 day cruise with perfect day at Coco Cay.  Which is really what I am looking forward to.  I hope they are able to meet the May deadline.  I also received an obc of $25 which isnt much but I will cash in some of my reward points.

Thank you for the great advice.  I am so excited.

Congratulations!  Have a great cruise.