Live from Celebrity Summit 3/30/19 - Royal Suite

Lisamn

32 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Actually they do have USB plugs next to the beds.   On one of the lamps there are 120 V receptacles and 2x USB ports, also the phone has at least 1 USB port on it.

That might be the case in some rooms, but not in 6140. The photos of lamps posted from other cabins are different than what 6140 has. 

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Actually they do have USB plugs next to the beds.   On one of the lamps there are 120 V receptacles and 2x USB ports, also the phone has at least 1 USB port on it.

That makes a lot more sense.  Thanks!

12 hours ago, Lisamn said:

That might be the case in some rooms, but not in 6140. The photos of lamps posted from other cabins are different than what 6140 has. 

I thought you said that you did not have outlets in the lamp.  Now I can say, that makes no sense whatsoever.  Does your phone have the USB port?

How are the crowds in Luminae? We are currently on the Reflection, and since the number of suites were basically doubled during refurb, lines at Luminae are ridiculous. They don’t have enough capacity in either the dining room or galley to accommodate all the Suite passengers.

46 minutes ago, hotelmom said:

How are the crowds in Luminae? We are currently on the Reflection, and since the number of suites were basically doubled during refurb, lines at Luminae are ridiculous. They don’t have enough capacity in either the dining room or galley to accommodate all the Suite passengers.

I hope I am not reading your post correctly.  Do you mean to say the the suites doubled with the new ship Reflection (and not refurbed Reflection)?  We are nervous about what you mentioned, Luminae being crowded due to so many suites.  You confirmed our fears, sadly.  Is there a better time to eat there when it is not so crowded?

Sorry OP, to hijack your thread.  Thank you for all of the pictures you took. 

I really dislike the RS (lack of) color.  It looks like it was fashioned after the movie Pleasantville, before the color came.  But then again I wasn't in love with the previous RS color schemes before the refurb.  Other than the lack of color, it is a wonderful suite.

1 hour ago, hotelmom said:

The revolution of the Summit will have no effect on the crowds in Luminae.  The Summit did not add any suites during the revolution, therefore there should be no impact to Luminae.

1 hour ago, hotelmom said:

Reflection hasn't done its rerurb yet.....

• Like 1

Lisamn - Just curious whether you have received the "In The Spotlight" sheet showing

pictures and bios of the senior officers currently onboard?  If so, could you post a photo?

Enjoying all your posts thus far.  We will be on the Summit in September.

4 hours ago, kenevenpar said:

I thought you said that you did not have outlets in the lamp.  Now I can say, that makes no sense whatsoever.  Does your phone have the USB port?

None of the phones have USB. The desk area in the living room has one spot for USB that has two places to put things in. Same for the desk area in the bedroom. There have been many times when the power cuts in and out in the bedroom (we hear the phones beeping)

16 hours ago, Lisamn said:

I didn't notice that in the particular cabin.   Maybe the OP can comment on it.    I noticed the phone is not next to the bed and is on the makeup table.      I noticed that there are also 2x USB port on the front of the table.

2 hours ago, hotelmom said:

We have always been seated immediately in Luminae. (Group of 4) I think it was getting a little full for lunch on the first day, but I have at seen any lines. There have been waits for the MDR. We tend to eat early.

58 minutes ago, MikeMary4449 said:

Lisamn - Just curious whether you have received the "In The Spotlight" sheet showing

pictures and bios of the senior officers currently onboard?  If so, could you post a photo?

Enjoying all your posts thus far.  We will be on the Summit in September.

I haven’t seen one, but will keep an eye out. We have met some of the senior officers at various special events.

1 hour ago, Lisamn said:

We have always been seated immediately in Luminae. (Group of 4) I think it was getting a little full for lunch on the first day, but I have at seen any lines. There have been waits for the MDR. We tend to eat early.

Haven’t seen any lines. (Dumb autocorrect on the phone!)

Internet speed test while docked in Grenada. You get 4 devices in a suite. If

you need more, one gets kicked off when the next one connects. It’s not as fast as home, but seems to be fine most of the time.

BB72C1AD-B8FE-4A12-9DB0-81EF3DA180F9.png

4 hours ago, hotelmom said:

A few yrs ago, they reclassified some Reflection  Aqua  suites ( only ones they ever had)  as regular suites, is that what you are referring to.?    Hope crowds in  Reflection luminae do not affect BLU...supposed to be available to suite guests on a space available basis.... 

Seems Summit  does not have more suites than before,  but more AQ  class staterooms which would affect Blu

Edited by hcat

Is there any way you could take a 360 video of the bedroom? I'm trying to talk my DH into upgrading from a SS to a RS. He doesn't like the CS because there is no window in the enclosed bedroom. The SS is small, but you get more light than the CS bedroom. Also, he prefers to read and watch tv while relaxing on the bed plus see the ocean.  No problem if it's too much of a hassle. Thanks.

11 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Is there any way you could take a 360 video of the bedroom? I'm trying to talk my DH into upgrading from a SS to a RS. He doesn't like the CS because there is no window in the enclosed bedroom. The SS is small, but you get more light than the CS bedroom. Also, he prefers to read and watch tv while relaxing on the bed plus see the ocean.  No problem if it's too much of a hassle. Thanks.

I enjoy the window from bed. No clue if the TV works- never turned it on. Here is a view from the window and what the bed looks like. Covers are wrinkly because I’m just getting up! 🙂

BE58A333-2B3D-42E8-92CB-23A45921D685.jpeg

928F3148-FF54-459D-B849-F7BF72051493.jpeg