Orlando Airport to Cocoa Beach hotel? best way?

Hello CC.... sailing in May out of Cape Canaveral and going in one day early.  What is the best way to get from the Orlando Airport to my hotel in Cocoa Beach?  Rental? is there a shuttle? how about Uber?  Any and all suggestions are welcome.  Thank you, as always

You have several options available to you.

01) Rent a car

02) Uber/Lyft, etc...

03) Hire a company such as "Cocoa beach Shuttle", they do a lot of transportation to and from the airport, cruise terminal, etc...

Many options available to you.

Just do your research and you should be fine.

Rent a car in my opinion. Probably shuttle back.

If you rent you have transportation for activities, dining, supplies, etc.. the day before the cruise.

Shuttle back because you probably just want to get to airport 

Edited by John&LaLa

Hi Cruiser

We just returned and for us we used Cortrans Shuttle . They are reasonable for 2 of us  to our Radisson hotel  in Port Canaveral and return to Airport .Cost us total $80.00  plus tip. very reliable and friendly service. We will use them again on our next cruise in Feb.  Check out their web site.   Enjoy your cruise.😊

kruise runner

20 minutes ago, kruise runner said:

Hi Cruiser

We just returned and for us we used Cortrans Shuttle . They are reasonable for 2 of us  to our Radisson hotel  in Port Canaveral and return to Airport .Cost us total $80.00  plus tip. very reliable and friendly service. We will use them again on our next cruise in Feb.  Check out their web site.   Enjoy your cruise.😊

kruise runner

The only problem with them is their latest pickup time at MCO is 12:30 pm.   My moms flight doesnt arrive until 1pm.  I reserved her round trip shuttle service for 67.00 from Cocoa Beach Shuttle.   A little more expensive but they run at all times of the day and even late evenings.

Edited by ryano

I would also recommend a one-way car rental.  Very reasonable rates, easy drive to Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area and easy drop-off in the morning with complimentary shuttle to the port.  Also nice to have your own car once you get to your hotel.

12 hours ago, gamblin'gal said:

Hello CC.... sailing in May out of Cape Canaveral and going in one day early.  What is the best way to get from the Orlando Airport to my hotel in Cocoa Beach?  Rental? is there a shuttle? how about Uber?  Any and all suggestions are welcome.  Thank you, as always

We also come in a day early and do a one way car rental prior to the cruise and use Cortrans after the cruise to get back to the airport.  We like having a car before the cruise so we can go pick up our 2 bottles of wine, sunscreen, toiletries and anything else we might have forgotten.  I don't waste any luggage weight on toiletries,  It also gives us the ability to go out to dinner at either Grills or Fishlips and watch the the ships leave.  We return the car the morning of the cruise and take the free car rental shuttle to the pier.  Cortrans is $20 pp for our shuttle back to the airport after the cruise.  Their vehicles are clean and their drivers are good.  We tried Travelynx in the past and did not like them.  

39 minutes ago, ryano said:

The only problem with them is their latest pickup time at MCO is 12:30 pm.   My moms flight doesnt arrive until 1pm.  I reserved her round trip shuttle service for 67.00 from Cocoa Beach Shuttle.   A little more expensive but they run at all times of the day and even late evenings.

I have had multiple bad experiences with Cocoa Beach Shuttle. I asked Jaime from Cortrans for a recommendation after booking our return trip with them because we always arrive in the afternoon and he suggest Smart-two.com shuttle service. They were a little pricey at $80 but the service and the vehicle were both well worth it.

Edited by CJDepew
Incomplete sentence

If 6 or 8 adults need to go from MCO to Cocoa Beach what would you recommend.  Sailing Harmony in November and 4 will be flying from PIT and 2 from Phoenix other 2 are from Central FL.  The 6 flying in will arrive Saturday for Sunday sailing.

2 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

If 6 or 8 adults need to go from MCO to Cocoa Beach what would you recommend.  Sailing Harmony in November and 4 will be flying from PIT and 2 from Phoenix other 2 are from Central FL.  The 6 flying in will arrive Saturday for Sunday sailing.

Cortrans shuttle, $20 per person.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Cortrans shuttle, $20 per person.

We checked that out because you always recommend.  The 6 were concerned about pickup times from MCO.  One of the 6 has MS and will be using a wheel chair.  Will that be an issue?  They were discussing renting a van to drive to Cocoa Beach.  Have to go to FL Boards to see which hotels are being recommended.  We parked at Raddison last cruise because their shuttle could accommodate a wheel chair.

6 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

We checked that out because you always recommend.  The 6 were concerned about pickup times from MCO.  One of the 6 has MS and will be using a wheel chair.  Will that be an issue?  They were discussing renting a van to drive to Cocoa Beach.  Have to go to FL Boards to see which hotels are being recommended.  We parked at Raddison last cruise because their shuttle could accommodate a wheel chair.

You would have to check with the Cortrans people about the wheel chair access.

If you are staying in Coco renting a one way car is a great option.   Budget, Avis etc all have offices close to port with free shuttles to ship.   Having a car makes it easier to get around Coco.   

We have rented from Budget twice.   Usually you can find a discount code on line.   Our was less than $50.  

In the return trip trip to MCO we just booked Coco Beach Shuttle.  Great service and beats the airport turn is hassle.  

Here is some tips.  

Make sure tou have cash or change for tolls.  Seems like there is two toll booths.  

Remember a 1 day rental is 24 hours.  If you have a really early flight into MCO you might want to have breakfast or something before picking up your car.   You probably don’t want to get to port before 10am. Makes for a long wait.  

While the rent rent a car shuttle will take your luggage we choose to drop our luggage with the porters about 10:30 and then drive back to turn in the car and ride the shuttle back with our carry on.   

On another her trip with a group of 4 we dropped the luggage and wives off to check in and by brother and I turned the car in.  The rent a car places are just blocks from the port.  

What time do you get in?  Consider staying at the Hyatt inside MCO.  Then take the ships shuttle in the AM.  Otherwise, when we did the same itinerary (staying two nights CoCo Beach) we booked using www.limos.com   Good way to price shop for what you need.