Booked via Expedia- offers

laumicmah

We just booked our first HAL cruise, for 2 of us, via Expedia. It offered us the drink package plus a dinner in the Pinnacle as well as OBC. I registered on HAL and put in our booking #. It pulled it up but I don't see these free perks for booking via Expedia. Where can I see these? Do we just make a reservation for Pinnacle once we're able (too soon right now)? Or would we need to do something special when making the reservation? Where can we see the OBC? I also don't see our dining time we selected (early seating). Nor a place to state whether we want 2 beds or 1 (do they have a place to select that?)? Where should it show the drink package? 

6 hours ago, laumicmah said:

We just booked our first HAL cruise, for 2 of us, via Expedia. It offered us the drink package plus a dinner in the Pinnacle as well as OBC. I registered on HAL and put in our booking #. It pulled it up but I don't see these free perks for booking via Expedia. Where can I see these? Do we just make a reservation for Pinnacle once we're able (too soon right now)? Or would we need to do something special when making the reservation? Where can we see the OBC? I also don't see our dining time we selected (early seating). Nor a place to state whether we want 2 beds or 1 (do they have a place to select that?)? Where should it show the drink package? 

Your travel agency should have sent you a confirmation from HAL.  On it, you will see your SBP (usually on the 2nd page), same thing for the Pinnacle Grill dinner.

OBC from HAL will also show on the confirmation.  As will your sleeping arrangment.  

The Pinnacle reservation is done on board.  You will either find a reservation in your cabin or a card with the number to call to make your reservation.

All of the above items show on the confirmation from HAL. - not on the site itself.  Hope this helps and makes sense.

Make sure you take a copy of your Expedia confirmation (showing all of E's added perks) with you when you board.  OBC from a TA will usually not show on your acct until after you board. At least that's the way it works with the Seattle  BB store. E 's confirmation should show all perks - theirs and the cruise line's.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, laumicmah said:

Here is the problem.....booking with Expedia, Priceline etc, is not like booking through an agent.     Tour booking through a 3rd party  I suspect HAL has Expedia as the reservation holder.    You have to go to Expedia and get this done as HAL will not talk to you as it is really an Expedia's ticket , which they then sold to you but still own even though your name is on it !!!     .       

This is the big problem booking through a 3 rd party, Expedia, Priceline Hotels.com  or any "discount travel  company  etc.    It is even worse for a airline ticket

NEXT TIME.... get a real agent not a boiler room travel sales company.       With an Agent none of this would have happened and if it did  one call to you agent would get you help.  you get an agent, Agent works with HAL.

Edited by Hawaiidan

None of what would have happened? I see on Expedia all the perks they are giving and all my booking info. I see on Hal, after putting in booking #, much of the booking info but not MDR seating or the perks/OBC. I assume it will all be given on the cruise. Just like to see it typed on HAL cruise manager thingy. But I guess it won't. No biggie as long as I get these perks/OBC.

• Like 1

If you feel you need to have confirmation of the perks you might contact Expedia and ask them to confirm, and also confirm your dining.  Nothing wrong with booking a cruise the way you have.  Possibly after final payment all of your perks will be reflected on the HAL sight.  I think that Expedia is happy to have your business and will be happy to help with any questions you may have, just give them a call.  Have a great cruise,  Cherie 

• Like 2

Call Expedia and speak with an agent— it will ease your mind. We have booked cruises before through them and they’ve been fine to deal with— we’ve never had great offers of OBC or specialty dining like you scored, so I can’t speak to that, but other details such as our MDR early seating and bed configuration preferences were always handled courteously and timely, as well as linking reservations with our travel companions. Sounds like you got a great deal, and I hope you enjoy your first cruise on HAL! 

I called and they say they see we qualify but didn't really know the deal. But they see it on there. I see it but it reads like this (and I think we get $75 OBC):

Early Booking Bonus - FREE Drinks, Dining, and More
Early Booking Bonus - Receive these 4 offers when you book between March 4, 2019 - May 1, 2019: Signature beverage package, Pinnacle Grill dinner, reduced fares for 3rd and 4th guest, and 50% reduced deposit. Valid on select sailings departing between Summer 2020 and Spring 2021, excluding grand voyages and grand voyage segments. Signature beverage package has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced $9.00USD or lower. One complimentary Pinnacle Grill dinner per person. Reduced fares for 3rd & 4th is based on sharing a stateroom with 1st & 2nd guests. Discounted rates reflected at checkout. Valid on new bookings only. Restrictions apply; please see full terms and conditions for complete details. 
Exclusive! Up to $1000 Onboard Credit - Ends 4/30
Book a qualifying cruise on Expedia and get up to a $1000 onboard credit per cabin! Book and make a deposit between April 1, 2019 and April 30, 2019, for cruises departing on/after May 1, 2019 in order to qualify. The cruise must be booked, and the redemption form submitted, at least 21 days prior to sailing to be eligible for the onboard credit. Restrictions may apply, please see full terms and conditions below for complete details. On-board credit will be given in the following amounts: $500-$749 - $25 OBC; $750-$1499 - $50 OBC; $1500 - $2499 - $75 OBC; $2500-$3499 - $125 OBC; $3500-$4999 - $250 OBC; $5000-$9999 - $500 and $10,000+ - $1000 OBC. The cruise cabin price is the total price of the cruise only fare based on the first and second guest in the cabin and does not include insurance, government fees, taxes and port expenses.
Edited by laumicmah

The OBC is not instantly on the reservation, as you have to submit an online form and wait until some weeks before the cruise. Mine did show up. I got a good price through them on my March 17 cruise on the Nieuw Statendam but I found the customer service problematic as the only way to get much done was to phone them, the hold times were excessive and the agents not the most clueful. Maybe it is different if you use them a fair amount and have a regular agent you can email.  I might use them again, but only if it is a simple booking I know I'm not going to need much help with.

The Southwest Airlines of travel agencies. Some swear by it, others at it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, laumicmah said:

I called and they say they see we qualify but didn't really know the deal. But they see it on there. I see it but it reads like this (and I think we get $75 OBC):

Early Booking Bonus - FREE Drinks, Dining, and More
Early Booking Bonus - Receive these 4 offers when you book between March 4, 2019 - May 1, 2019: Signature beverage package, Pinnacle Grill dinner, reduced fares for 3rd and 4th guest, and 50% reduced deposit. Valid on select sailings departing between Summer 2020 and Spring 2021, excluding grand voyages and grand voyage segments. 

Is yours one of the selected sailings?

6 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Is yours one of the selected sailings?

That's what I called and asked but the person didn't know. When I click the 'make a payment' link it does say 'included' next to each offer. 

2 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

That's what I called and asked but the person didn't know. When I click the 'make a payment' link it does say 'included' next to each offer. 

It sounds like you’re good to go.  Take a screenshot and bring it with you.  Have a great trip!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wehwalt said:

The OBC is not instantly on the reservation, as you have to submit an online form and wait until some weeks before the cruise. Mine did show up. I got a good price through them on my March 17 cruise on the Nieuw Statendam but I found the customer service problematic as the only way to get much done was to phone them, the hold times were excessive and the agents not the most clueful. Maybe it is different if you use them a fair amount and have a regular agent you can email.  I might use them again, but only if it is a simple booking I know I'm not going to need much help with.

The Southwest Airlines of travel agencies. Some swear by it, others at it.

Thank you for posting. I just looked and saw the form for redemption of OBC. I just submitted. 

I am going to print out Expedia resie info where it lists the promotions and the page that shows included to bring on the cruise just in case. How does HAL do the drink package....a sticker on our card like Carnival? Do they do different color cards for level of loyalty like Carnival? 

Edited by laumicmah