Refer a friend

tere247

Question: When can my onboard spending credit be used?
Answer: After your successfully referred guest has completed their first cruise your onboard spending credit will become available for use. If you are sailing together on the same cruise, you can both use your onboard spending credits at that time.

Am I reading right? The credit is available on their second cruise? Not the cruise after referral has been made?

I believe the person who was referred uses it on their first cruise- their first with Princess.

The person who referred them has to wait until after their friend has completed their cruise, unless they are on the SAME cruise.

• Like 1

The friend receives the OBC on their first Princess Voyage. If you sail on the same voyage you also receive the OBC on that voyage. If you are not on that voyage then the OBC credits are posted to your Captain's Circle account once the friend completes their first voyage. You have 24 months to use them before they expire. The friend must be a new Princess customer.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, skynight said:

The friend receives the OBC on their first Princess Voyage. If you sail on the same voyage you also receive the OBC on that voyage. If you are not on that voyage then the OBC credits are posted to your Captain's Circle account once the friend completes their first voyage. You have 24 months to use them before they expire. The friend must be a new Princess customer.

Just for curiosity's sake.

We referred friends and are sailing with them on their first (and I hope it's the first of many) Princess cruise.

Is it $25/cabin or $25 pp?

Edited by chamima

6 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

Be careful, the name on the referral must match that on the reservation.

They'll be on the cruise with us.

If there's a problem all 4 of us can go to guest relations together.

But will we be arguing for $50 ($25 per cabin) or $100 ($25 per person)?

Edited by chamima

My referral passengers are sailing on the same cruise as me & in my Cruise Personalizer’s Credits it shows a $25 Referral Credit for each passenger I referred...3 passengers = $75 credit.

Each referred passenger has a $25 credit in their CP.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Remember it can only be used for that persons first Princess cruise....if you get them hooked to sail Princess from now on...Princess does not keep giving you some kind of credit...but it would be nice is they had some kind of program...ie.  after your 10th name you will get a bonus Speciality dinner on your next cruise....just a thought...

10 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

My referral passengers are sailing on the same cruise as me & in my Cruise Personalizer’s Credits it shows a $25 Referral Credit for each passenger I referred...3 passengers = $75 credit.

Each referred passenger has a $25 credit in their CP.

Thanks.

I just checked and our $50 is there.

9 hours ago, myjillian said:

Remember it can only be used for that persons first Princess cruise

I did not know about this when I sailed with my parents. I had sailed on Princess before, but they hadn't.  So we all missed out.  Do all cruise lines do this, or just Princess? 

52 minutes ago, SmilesYourWay said:

I did not know about this when I sailed with my parents. I had sailed on Princess before, but they hadn't.  So we all missed out.  Do all cruise lines do this, or just Princess? 

I'm only aware of Princess doing it...maybe someone else knows of another line🤨

33 minutes ago, LessWorkMoreTravel said:

I'm taking my first Princess cruise this summer.  A friend gave me a lot of advice before booking but didn't mention the referral thing.  I guess since I've already booked it's too late for us to take advantage of this?

Here’s a link to Details & FAQ:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/referralRewards.page

Your friend could follow the instructions to refer you online & if unsuccessful then could call about adding a Referral & hope for the best.

Edited by Astro Flyer