Sindhu recommendations

Babyeddiedog

We had heard lots of great things about Sindhu so were very eager to try it as we are both oriental/indian spice lovers. 

We went to the taster night. I cant remember the proper name of the evening, but it was the more expensive night with 7 courses and it was also free.

They asked us how we wanted some of the dishes.....did we want them mild, medium, hot or very hot. We opted for very hot.

We were greatly disappointed as "Very Hot" had barely any spice whatsoever, so I think youll be fine with 'Mild'

It was all a bit bland. I didnt expect the food to be frozen food either, but it was.  Nothing wrong with the service really. Maybe too many waiters hanging around.....maybe it was a bit OTT......but generally ok.

All in all we were very glad we did not pay to go as it was disappointing. We would not go again.

P&O have some first class Indian chefs but nowadays they seem to be of the belief that us Brits only like mild flavours. Years ago we used to really enjoy the daily curry in the MDR. They were an explosion of flavours and curries that weren’t regular dishes in the U.K.  Nowadays, most are pretty bland. As for Sindhu, as it is more a ‘fusion’ restaurant, flavours are mostly quite mild. One or two dishes have a bit more kick to them (probably medium rather than hot) but if you explain to the waiter that your guest can only cope with mild dishes then they will oblige. 

Don't worry, I am the same - I really, really hate anything remotely spicy so was a little worried about going to Sindhu. Would never normally eat India food of any description, but decided to give it a go as other CC members told me that the staff will help with choice and hubby wanted to try it out.

Have been twice now and each time I have explained that I don't really like anything spicy and staff have been really good at recommending food that I would enjoy. 2 lovely meals down and the food recommended has been excellent.

From the last time the thing that sticks out is the soft shell crab !!!

We are already booked in for our cruise this weekend :-)

Edited by Presto2
spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

We dined at the Sindhu last week and the food was excellent. It's more of a fusion of Indian and British food so don't expect to see Vindaloo or Tikka Masala on the menu! I went for a fillet of beef which was delicious and well worth the £20 cover fee alone. I highly recommend it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are regular Indian diners, mainly takeaways at home. We love Sindhu both in the evening and when they have done a lunch. Most of the food is on the mild side but if you ask you can have it spiced up. In many ways it is different to the normal Indian food we have at home but it is excellent.

One problem however is that you get too much food. We can never finish a meal. The lunches are better as the portion size is less.

• Like 1

We love Indian food, but living in our particular part of Italy the only way we can eat Indian food is if i import the spices and make it myself. Eating out at Sindhu will be a real treat for us.

We're fine with fusion, we're interested in taste more than heat these days. Now I know we can celebrate our anniversary in style and mum can join us too it will make me a very happy bunny so thank you all for your replies!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Don't worry, I am the same - I really, really hate anything remotely spicy so was a little worried about going to Sindhu. Would never normally eat India food of any description, but decided to give it a go as other CC members told me that the staff will help with choice and hubby wanted to try it out.

Have been twice now and each time I have explained that I don't really like anything spicy and staff have been really good at recommending food that I would enjoy. 2 lovely meals down and the food recommended has been excellent.

From the last time the thing that sticks out is the soft shell crab !!!

We are already booked in for our cruise this weekend 🙂

Hope you have a wonderful time!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Babyeddiedog said:

We're fine with fusion, we're interested in taste more than heat these days. Now I know we can celebrate our anniversary in style and mum can join us too it will make me a very happy bunny so thank you all for your replies!

Have a great anniversary and hope that your mum enjoys her meal :-)

• Like 1

I'm one of the World's biggest wooses when it comes to spicy food - even an M&S pasta dish labeled as mild was too much for me!  I have however been to Sindhu twice and enjoyed it on both occasions.  The first time I had the Lamb Shank and the second was either the mixed fish dish or the duck - can't recall now.  Believe me, if I can cope with them, anyone can! 😁

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I'm one of the World's biggest wooses when it comes to spicy food - even an M&S pasta dish labeled as mild was too much for me!  I have however been to Sindhu twice and enjoyed it on both occasions.  The first time I had the Lamb Shank and the second was either the mixed fish dish or the duck - can't recall now.  Believe me, if I can cope with them, anyone can! 😁

You are not alone ----- I only have to sniff anything that resembles a spice and I can't eat it . Ha ha

:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Babyeddiedog said:

We love Indian food, but living in our particular part of Italy the only way we can eat Indian food is if i import the spices and make it myself. Eating out at Sindhu will be a real treat for us.

Lidl.it. do Asian weeks every so often.Keep an eye online.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Britboys said:

❤️Bless you. She loves lamb so lets hope they don't change the menu!

• Thanks 1

Utter rubbish that it is frozen food cooked up. Fresh ingredients and having done two ship tours the food is all fresh and continually taken on at certain ports. The staff are lovely and tell them what you like and they'll cook it just how you like it. I do agree with one poster who says nothing is that spicy hot.

5 hours ago, sweep2907 said:

I do agree with one poster who says nothing is that spicy hot.

Unless you are like me and can't cope with anything remotely spicy. Its all down to your individual taste buds so I always play it safe.  My husband still can't work out how I can find some things spicy when he can hardly taste anything ;-)