Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

1 minute ago, sowhat said:

So if one cabin air conditioning  does not work, it does not affect  other cabins.

It is not a direct affect (your door open affecting others) but indirect movement of air shared between a number of cabins on that section of the deck.

3 minutes ago, sowhat said:

?

Fresh air is shared in the hallway between a number of cabins and when you open your balcony door it affects that air. The HVAC system in the cabin is not totally isolated from the rest of the ship. The affect is minor, but not zero.

Edited by Biker19

23 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Unbelievable! I'm glad we got in when we did.

Absolutely!  If we'd waited we wouldn't be going at all!  This is all too rich for our blood.  We've got 30th anniversary coming up Jan. 2026,  so we wanted to get into possibly a loft, that's bad enough on the sisters, but just thinking about how much our lowly inside interior would cost today, we may be celebrating early on Icon!  Sal, I am the same way, nothing touching me or I can't sleep.  Unless I want to be clocked by my bull in a china shop. 🥴  We booked a deck 10 accessible

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Haha 1

Did a price check just now to re-evaluate and not only are there no accessibles at all to be had for the entire fall/winter season next year, even the interior gty is coming in at around $5200!!!!!!!!!!!  Incredible! Compared with ours: 2373.00
Amount Paid 500.00
Balance Due $1873.60

Guess we should be overjoyed.  There definitely won't be a repeat in my lifetime! 🥺

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Did a price check just now to re-evaluate and not only are there no accessibles at all to be had for the entire fall/winter season next year, even the interior gty is coming in at around $5200!!!!!!!!!!!  Incredible! Compared with ours: 2373.00
Amount Paid 500.00
Balance Due $1873.60

Guess we should be overjoyed.  There definitely won't be a repeat in my lifetime! 🥺

I think Royal may be manipulating the availability of cabins, as well as dates, so keep checking. Our ICON sail date is November 15, 2025 and some days it's posted and other days it's gone! Makes one think that the date is sold out, so forces some people to pick another date and/or another cabin. I really think we are being manipulated by their marketing strategies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

I think Royal may be manipulating the availability of cabins, as well as dates, so keep checking. Our ICON sail date is November 15, 2025 and some days it's posted and other days it's gone! Makes one think that the date is sold out, so forces some people to pick another date and/or another cabin. I really think we are being manipulated by their marketing strategies.

Hah! I think I proved my point! I just went to a September, 2025 date to see available "accessible" cabins for the cheapest week. It only gave me one inside accessible cabin (the one I currently have in November). So, I then backed out of the reservation and went back to look without my C&A number and it showed that all of the accessible interior cabins were gone! Nope! Don't believe it! For those looking to book specific cabins, don't give up too soon, especially if your cruise is farther away. I believe that more cabins will open up down the road!

2 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Waiting for 11/15/25 to open up. Is it an Eastern or a Western?

4 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Not sure what you are specifically searching for, but when Icon first opened, if you only put 2 in your room, it gave very limited availability. Adding a 3rd opened up a lot more as a lot of the rooms are built to fit 4. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

Not sure what you are specifically searching for, but when Icon first opened, if you only put 2 in your room, it gave very limited availability. Adding a 3rd opened up a lot more as a lot of the rooms are built to fit 4. 

40 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

11/15/2025 is not showing as able to book. It is the only week in November that is not showing up at all.  There are 5 Saturdays in November that year.  Only 4 of those Saturdays are available to book. 

1 hour ago, ISHOULDABENAPIRATE said:

Just booked Hideaway beach for our May '24 ICON sailing. Get it before the price goes up.

Thanks for the heads up. Different pricing for different ships and sail dates. For just the Day Pass  - Icon end of April 2024, $43.99; Utopia end of August 2024, $70.99

4 hours ago, nonnie&dgd said:

11/15/2025 is not showing as able to book. It is the only week in November that is not showing up at all.  There are 5 Saturdays in November that year.  Only 4 of those Saturdays are available to book. 

I meant to quote your other post. 

Great pictures of the ship being built. 

As for pricing yes its high now. But demand must still be there.

Also if the algorithm works like airfares then every time someone does a dummy booking it thinks theres interest so rasises the prices for other bookers. 

Icon is on our bucket list to go but not at the current prices or destinations. 

9 minutes ago, georgemoe said:

We booked a spacious interior last October for May 2024. Glad we did. Similar sailing and room in May of 2025 is 48% higher. Yikes!

Just checked what was left for availability on our sailing. We paid $3,200 and price is now $8,300  for the four remaining spacious interiors. WOW!

8 minutes ago, Florida Fan said:

We have a Deck 14 mid-ship balcony for a January cruise.  I'm a little concerned, because I get sea-sick in rocky waters. My husband thinks I'm crazy, because the ship is so big and solid. How stable will the top of the ship be?

Never had any issues with Oasis class so unless you get some really bad weather you'll be fine.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1