Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

1 minute ago, Americandream123 said:

The bow part seen in Poland could be a front part of the third Norwegian Prima class ship it does look like it could be a prima bow

Seems early for that, I don't think any other parts of that ship have been spotted yet (there's no thread started for it even).  Usually you get the engine room section before the bow...

From the recent pictures, It sure does seem like the Icon is resembling the Oasis class style, structurally. I really hope there is more of a difference and not just a updated Wonder. A wrap around waterfront area like on NCL and Carnival ships would be a nice addition instead of a running track and hanging lifeboats that block views. Imagine if there was a mistake and they were actually building Utopia first? Lol (I’m being sarcastic of course) 😏

12 hours ago, Stellar_cruise_official said:

What do you think of this quick sketch I made?

Really cool sketch 👍

But I can't help but keep thinking that the bow section looks like one of Pixar's Planes?! 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lloyd555 said:

Well this is a better view of the Icon's bow nose and bits. 😄

2111071271_MiniXFly2.thumb.jpg.215c8356047f780f4109c31049998c6e.jpg

1109461184_MiniFly2a.thumb.jpg.0d37e587ded0ce9963ba048bd17356a2.jpg

Nice! Looks much sharper and streamlined than either the Edge-class or Prima-class bows which look ok from a profile view, but rather lumpy and awkward from any other angle.

7 minutes ago, Tough as Leather said:

So I assume that the sports court will be on the aft port side of deck 16 on the ship seeing as the starboard side is taken up by the slides.

No. A few decks higher. 😎

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Really? from what I can recall, oasis class have 17 decks,  and the top two of those aren't open air public spaces (they are suite staterooms). "a few decks higher" than 16 would infer decks 18 or 19. From the images provided so far, it seems like icon is slightly shorter in height than oasis. will open air public spaces really occupy high decks like 18 and 19 on icon?

10 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

I was wondering what those extra decks are for. 😎

1 hour ago, cruising.person said:

Really? from what I can recall, oasis class have 17 decks,  and the top two of those aren't open air public spaces (they are suite staterooms). "a few decks higher" than 16 would infer decks 18 or 19. From the images provided so far, it seems like icon is slightly shorter in height than oasis. will open air public spaces really occupy high decks like 18 and 19 on icon?

Somewhere around there apparently. And I meant to say Sports Deck.

Edited by Tough as Leather
  • Like 2