Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Go over to the Celebrity boards for some feedback on them.

i am well aware but you asked for my opinion.

Me thinks any cruiseline that makes changes will cause a fuss.  Like HAL making narrow outdoor promenades on their Koningsdam class or Princess putting more rooms up the back and sides of ship.

And then NCL removing a lot of spaces in the stern of ship with go kart and laser tag.

Hard to please everyone but for me balconys can be a negative if raining and or folks slamming their doors.  With the Infinity I can walk up and still look out.

20 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

sorry to hear the Icon might look a bit like Edge class with that short ugly bow.  Gosh....

I hear ya, we all have different tastes. I actually like the way it looks, and was hoping for Icon to have it. I really like the way those Celebrity Edge class ships looks. As far as the infinity veranda's.. they are intriguing to me. I think I might like them as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

I hear ya, we all have different tastes. I actually like the way it looks, and was hoping for Icon to have it. I really like the way those Celebrity Edge class ships looks. As far as the infinity veranda's.. they are intriguing to me. I think I might like them as well. 

i guess the short bow makes me wonder if the ship bounces more instead of gliding in waves.

I just hope the ugly orange sliding lounge is not on the Icon.  OMG so ugly and so orange.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

i guess the short bow makes me wonder if the ship bounces more instead of gliding in waves.

I just hope the ugly orange sliding lounge is not on the Icon.  OMG so ugly and so orange.

I have to agree with you there, that thing is so ugly. I prefer to look at that ship from the other side. 🤣 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tough as Leather said:

Apparently they are starting to build the AquaDome dome.

Also, some shots from the marina & beach by photographer Makym Marchenko

20220813_092040.thumb.jpg.4d7bb84d94b5c223ffdafd39e4339d05.jpg

20220813_092100.thumb.jpg.9cba2fbae7083ba6b167720245bd2bbe.jpg

Can't see it here but the whole hull  stern is installed. I hope that they paint the ship name on the white 'frame' back there soon.

4 hours ago, Panda Monium said:

Can't see it here but the whole hull  stern is installed. I hope that they paint the ship name on the white 'frame' back there soon.

There was a stern block that was shared a while back that already had parts of the ship name on it. I wonder if they removed it as it’s not currently visible on those installed stern blocks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panda Monium said:

Where does that block on the right of image go I wonder. At the end of the Boardwalk or part of the Suites?

Thanks for sharing these photos.

Thats an interesting looking block. From the angle of photo it almost has a similar slant to the aft suites on Virgin’s Scarlet Lady. But as you stated where does it go? There was that other block with an Infinity Pool too to consider. How does it all come together. Perhaps that block is not aft facing but side facing similar to the infinity pools on Norwegian Prima. Maybe @Lloyd555 has seen something and can share some insight 😃

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Thats an interesting looking block. From the angle of photo it almost has a similar slant to the aft suites on Virgin’s Scarlet Lady. But as you stated where does it go? There was that other block with an Infinity Pool too to consider. How does it all come together. Perhaps that block is not aft facing but side facing similar to the infinity pools on Norwegian Prima. Maybe @Lloyd555 has seen something and can share some insight 😃

Sorry. I don't have much info on this area.😐

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

With the stern, it will be split like the Oasis Class, however, rather than having an upwards slope, it will have it slightly slanted back instead, which is fairly similar to the new MSC World Europa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

It's the same "infinity pool" block but they have added more floors to it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nathan Graveson said:

With the stern, it will be split like the Oasis Class, however, rather than having an upwards slope, it will have it slightly slanted back instead, which is fairly similar to the new MSC World Europa.

Thanks for all the details.

I was wondering - how do I get a job like yours?  I just graduated college with an economics degree but I have always dreamed of a career as part of a cruise ship design team.  I have been applying to jobs at RC as well as some other cruise lines in the revenue management department to try and get some involvement, but no such luck.

Can you message me so we can talk about this, if you would be willing?  I'm so sorry for going off topic, but your job seems fascinating and I want to know how I can become a designer like you.

• Like 2