Cocktails on deluxe package

We are sailing on an ex Southampton cruise and have just purchased the delux package.   I had thought it said premium cocktails were included as they tended to be $12 which is the limit , but now I can’t  that and the info is in fact quite silent on exact cocktails.  I have also seen a bar menu for 2019 ( not from one of the new class of ship but Navigator I think) when premium cocktails are $13.   We are likely to break even over the course of the cruise, if we don’t pay any more.  Does this mean I am going to have to pay an extra dollar or two if I want to have a cocktail.   Apart from beer and spirits there are only a couple of wines cheaper than this on the menu.  Surely the package is not that limited?

thanks 

Edited by excitedc

It varies per ship (Quantum and Oasis class typically having slightly higher cocktail prices). I have never encountered a cocktail that "went over." You'll typically only pay a bit more for high end glasses of wine or ultra fancy scotches. 

I think I may have not been clear.  

I am aware its limited in value value of drink but in the past it seems to have covered the bulk of cocktails

HOWEVER   It seems NOW  from looking online that until at least last year the drink package limit was 12 on the majority of ships with the premium cocktails being that price.   On the bigger new ships 13 limit,  again with the cocktails largely being that price.

it seems the premium cocktails on the majority of ships however  are now 13 from a recent menu I saw, but the package still limits to 12 maximum.  

It it seems to be either a) a recent change that people haven’t encountered yet  or b) they have possibly moved the limit to 13 cocktails on the package but not updated the literature 

Has anyone sailed this year that can verify?

thanks 

Edited by excitedc

Probably B) they haven’t updated the literature.

I agree with the above poster that I have never encountered a cocktail that went over the limit,  just the high end wine or scotch.

I was also worried before we boarded Anthem about the $13 vs $12 price of cocktails on the menus, but never encountered a charge for any cocktail... even when I ordered a Weng Weng, and the bartender had to look it up, It was still covered.

dp

When I have sailed from Southampton I think onboard drinks up to $14 were included in the drink package. I believe the difference between the amounts advertised and what we could actually order without charge was to do with total cost having to be displayed on UK sailings. Someone explained to me that because of our laws on total price (inclusive of tax/ gratuities) having to be displayed we could order up to $14??

When I cruised in 2017 I only paid extra for a glass of Champagne, I drank a LOT of cocktails 😂

Edited by SaphieT

23 hours ago, dpostman said:

I was also worried before we boarded Anthem about the $13 vs $12 price of cocktails on the menus, but never encountered a charge for any cocktail... even when I ordered a Weng Weng, and the bartender had to look it up, It was still covered.

dp

ok, what is a Weng Weng?

12 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

ok, what is a Weng Weng?

There are a few variations floating around, but generally goes something like this:

Weng Weng Ingredients

3/4 oz Vodka
    3/4 oz Tequila
    3/4 oz Brandy
    3/4 oz Bourbon
    3/4 oz Scotch Whiskey
    3/4 oz Rum
   ice cubes (Fill to Top)
    Fill With equal parts Orange Juice and Pine Apple Juice
    dash Grenadine

The bartender told me that after my drink, I would find the walls VERY aggressive 😉

image.png.21729f8ce12bc9817e0ebe247353cfb6.png

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, dpostman said:

There are a few variations floating around, but generally goes something like this:

Weng Weng Ingredients

3/4 oz Vodka
    3/4 oz Tequila
    3/4 oz Brandy
    3/4 oz Bourbon
    3/4 oz Scotch Whiskey
    3/4 oz Rum
   ice cubes (Fill to Top)
    Fill With equal parts Orange Juice and Pine Apple Juice
    dash Grenadine

The bartender told me that after my drink, I would find the walls VERY aggressive 😉

image.png.21729f8ce12bc9817e0ebe247353cfb6.png

dp

HOLY COW!

We got off Explorer at the end of March (out of Sydney and gratuities were already paid on the drink package) and it was all drinks up to and including $14. I got it for AUD$67 per person I think last November. We had no trouble hitting the $67 per day. I was also getting fresh juice and coffee so I easily hit the amount.

When sailing from England the drinks menu prices are different as the menus show the drinks prices inclusive of tips. 

Therefore the package ceiling price will be higher to allow for this. 

The only drinks I have seen that do not fall within the package are the pricier wines by the glass, and top shelf brandies.

Edited by little britain