Is the Premier Beverage package ever discounted?

MixerDave

18 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

I tried searching but could not find any postings.  Does the package ever go on sale?

In the past have never seen a reduced price for the Premium Beverage Package. Also, same price pre-cruise or on board. For the last few years Princess has been running the sip & sail promo which includes the PBP. This promo ran from end of May through the summer and was basically for many of the following year's cruises.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, skynight said:

In the past have never seen a reduced price for the Premium Beverage Package. Also, same price pre-cruise or on board. For the last few years Princess has been running the sip & sail promo which includes the PBP. This promo ran from end of May through the summer and was basically for many of the following year's cruises.

I am booked under the sip and sail, but with the new sail, I would lose the package, but would get additional OBC, and prepaid gratuities, as well as the lower fare ($620 pp).  I think I will take the deal and see what they will charge me once we board.

Only been with Princess for 4 years, but I have never seen it discounted (either pre-cruise, nor on the cruise itself). Been on Celebrity twice where they offered 30% of the regular price on embarkment day. Bought it once. Even then I probably did not break even. 

Just wait until mid to end of June and the sip & sail promo will begin with sailings that include it with your fare.  Sometimes it doesn't make sense based upon the increase in some fares, but so far we have been lucky to get a good fare.  Husband doesn't drink any alcohol, but it requires both passengers to have it when you book through the sip & sail.  We would not do it if the numbers did not make sense.  

• Haha 1

The OP has already mentioned they booked through the sip and sail and are debating changing to a different promo - this years sip and sail will be for 2020 sailings

2 hours ago, MixerDave said:

I am booked under the sip and sail, but with the new sail, I would lose the package, but would get additional OBC, and prepaid gratuities, as well as the lower fare ($620 pp).  I think I will take the deal and see what they will charge me once we board.

They will charge you $70.79/day times the number of days of the voyage. 7 day cruise = $495.53.

• The package is offered onboard on embarkation day, and is NOT sold after embarkation day.
  • The Premier Beverage Package must be purchased for every day a passenger is sailing. Partial / pro-rated packages or purchase for segments of a guest’s voyage are NOT accepted.

2 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Husband doesn't drink any alcohol, but it requires both passengers to have it when you book through the sip & sail.  We would not do it if the numbers did not make sense.  

Are you sure about this?  I know they don't require both passengers to buy the Premium Beverage Package if it isn't part of the promo.  Thanks.

8 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Are you sure about this?  I know they don't require both passengers to buy the Premium Beverage Package if it isn't part of the promo.  Thanks.

You are correct.  Only one needs to buy the package. 

46 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I am sure that when you book with sip & sail both passengers have to have it.  For instance, the other passenger can't request obc in place of it.  I don't know why, since both passengers don't have to purchase the bev pkg without sip & sail.  

1 hour ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I am sure that when you book with sip & sail both passengers have to have it.  For instance, the other passenger can't request obc in place of it.  I don't know why, since both passengers don't have to purchase the bev pkg without sip & sail.  

The last time Sip & Sail was on there was no option for OBC in place of the PBP. First two passengers in the cabin get the PBP unless one is under 21, they get the Soda & More. No alterations available unlike in 2017 and earlier when OBC could be taken instead.