Bermuda cruise report from wife

A Sixth?

Big day today. We’ve been invited to the captain’s table for dinner tonight. Wow! Plus another event earlier today. Will try not to faint.
Weather has been perfect. Ship upgrades lovely & very elegant.

image.png.36b0001ff0f1d73124599615444544a9.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on the Captain's Table and Top Cruiser!  I've only been to the Captain's Table  a couple of times and I loved it. Last time was so long ago there was a string quartet playing. As we descended the fancy staircase in our formal wear (and me with a long-stemmed rose) they started playing a tango. No, I didn't put the rose in my teeth...

59 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I thought top cruiser on Summit was always Arthur since he pretty much lives on the ship.  Is he not onboard?

His name is Albert - not Arthur.  And, you are correct, he was always honored as being the top cruiser.  So either he's not onboard for some reason or he has decided to pass on this honor.

We've been invited to join the Captain's Table eight times. It is a great experience so if you get invited take full advantage and enjoy. On one occasion, one woman was invited to join the Captain and he became quite smitten with her. He invited her back to his cabin after dinner. The next day she told her travelling companions that the Captain told her if she didn't have sex with him he would sink the ship. She then told her friends that she save the ship from sinking three times that night.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, jerseyjohn said:

We've been invited to join the Captain's Table eight times. It is a great experience so if you get invited take full advantage and enjoy. On one occasion, one woman was invited to join the Captain and he became quite smitten with her. He invited her back to his cabin after dinner. The next day she told her travelling companions that the Captain told her if she didn't have sex with him he would sink the ship. She then told her friends that she save the ship from sinking three times that night.

Great story.  LOL

The closest we’ve got is being invited to eat with the Ship’s Doctor (2003) and the head of Guest Relations (2013). Both were after complaints.

2003 We had to report daily, on Infinity, to the surgery to have our temperatures taken, as there was an outbreak of  SARS virus in Toronto. We had changed planes in Toronto and were in transit to Vancouver. We had to fill in a medical declaration before boarding and one question was had we been to Toronto. .

2013 I asked for a kettle for our cabin on Eclipse. This was a Caribbean sailing and the Guest Relations manager rang me and told me that this only happened on sailings from Southampton. However, he was British and the kettle was in our room when we returned.

I thought the Captain’s table was a thing of the past, or perhaps it doesn’t happen in the Select dining room. We have chosen to eat there more recently as I prefer to eat about 7 pm, early dining is too early and late is too late.

We are on Summit now and were invited to dine with the Hotel Director tonight, but we decided to pass. No way am I going back to the MDR after Luminae, no matter who else is at the table! 😁

Edited by Alsmez
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alsmez said:

We are on Summit now and were invited to dine with the Hotel Director tonight, but we decided to pass. No way am I going back to the MDR after Luminae, no matter who else is at the table! 😁

I thought they did away with the Captain's Table in the MDR when they did away with formal night.  We were on board Summit in June 2016, and were invited to dine with the Hotel Director.  They set up a table for around 12-14 in the Tuscan Grill.

I honestly am not sure how many times we've been invited to the Captns/Officers table over the years... must have the right scent 😎

One series of B2B2B's we were invited three cruises in a row!

Never came close to the most frequent cruiser though... until Joni did this time... haven't heard if Albert is aboard but I suspect he may be visiting home briefly (Boston)

Here are a few pics Joni sent me

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image9.jpeg

image10.jpeg

image11.jpeg

Edited by A Sixth?
  • Like 2

Back before Luminae, we were invited twice to the Capts Table in the MDR. One time we accepted, second time declined. As far as I know they did away with the “capts table”  and now host dinners in the specialty restaurants.

We have sailed 3xs since the inception of Luminae and twice were invited to dine with various officers in Tuscan Grille on Summit and Silhouette.  Also said no rhank you to those.

The hotel director dinner was definitely in the MDR - I asked specifically because I was surprised they would do it there and not in a specialty restaurant. It was lobster night, so maybe they felt the MDR menu was special enough for an event.

On 5/24/2019 at 1:43 PM, A Sixth? said:

I’ll ask if they had the dinner in the main dining room or somewhere else 

The cruise ends Sunday and they depart Bermuda this afternoon 

Just a note that the captn's dinner was held in the Main Dinning room about 6:30-7