MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

7 hours ago, AZbeachBumz said:

@SeaDayLvrdid you ever give this a try with MSC? Searching this thread I haven't seen any data points for people matching Azamara to MSC. 

Yes, it was simple and MSC matched my status.   We sailed MSC right after Covid and the ship was very empty.  Not sure I would sail them again if they were at full capacity.  

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any info or data on if you already booked and pay in full for a cruise in the end of this December (first time in msc) and you just got recently status match to Diamond. Do I get the perk at check in or do I need to re book it?Do you recommend to give them a call?. Any data is appreciated.  

Extra info: I didn't knew about the status match until now. 😞

I still have 1 free cruise change i can use it to re book it. 

No need to rebook.  Just make sure your Voyagers Club number is attached to your booking (Cruise Details -> Passenger Data -> then check and see if your number is in the box for "MSC Voyagers Club Number".  If it isn't, you'll just need to call the customer service number and they'll add your VC number to the booking and your status will show up on your cruise documents.  

• Like 3

On 12/3/2022 at 9:26 PM, Triple77 said:

Does anyone have any info or data on if you already booked and pay in full for a cruise in the end of this December (first time in msc) and you just got recently status match to Diamond. Do I get the perk at check in or do I need to re book it?Do you recommend to give them a call?. Any data is appreciated.  

Extra info: I didn't knew about the status match until now. 😞

I still have 1 free cruise change i can use it to re book it. 

What did you use to status match to Diamond?

took one day last week to do a status match for my husband.

Platinum on RCI to MCI's Silver.

It looks like we are going to have to call them because that field is empty for my DH.

On 12/5/2022 at 11:16 AM, JayMikey said:

Just make sure your Voyagers Club number is attached to your booking (Cruise Details -> Passenger Data -> then check and see if your number is in the box for "MSC Voyagers Club Number".  If it isn't, you'll just need to call the customer service number and they'll add your VC number to the booking and your status will show up on your cruise documents.  

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

• 2 weeks later...

Question on matching to Disney. When I matched a few years ago I had to send a pic of a previous key card since the online Castaway Club page does not have a last name. Now that my grown son wants to join me on MSC, we want to get a status match for him but we do not have any of his old key cards. He also has had a legal name change since his last cruise so it wouldn’t match anyway. I’ve seen comments of people just sending a screenshot of the online Castaway page. Is that being accepted now? Even without a last name?

OK... I've tried on two different browsers (Chrome and Edge), and can't get some of the required fields to fill (can't type/drop down not active - specifically state and city). 

THIS is the correct page, correct?

Any other way to get this info to them?

We booked our first MSC cruise for April of this year. Will our matched status (Gold) be effective with our first sailing?

THANKS,

Tom

7 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

OK... I've tried on two different browsers (Chrome and Edge), and can't get some of the required fields to fill (can't type/drop down not active - specifically state and city). 

THIS is the correct page, correct?

Any other way to get this info to them?

We booked our first MSC cruise for April of this year. Will our matched status (Gold) be effective with our first sailing?

THANKS,

Tom

Yes...it is a great perk.  You should be able to get the 5% discount as well as the $50.00 shipboard credit.  Make sure they apply it.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone tried a status match from ALL (Accor Live Limitless) ?

The tables refer to the old Le Club so not sure if ALL Gold = MSC Gold any more, especially as ALL has introduced a new level (Diamond) above Platinum (their old top tier).

On 1/7/2023 at 3:21 PM, trupia816 said:

This spreadsheet just opens up blank for me, anyone else having this problem?

There's a blank tab in the first field. (It probably should be deleted...)

Status matching was SO easy. I took a screenshot of my carnival VIFP account and had an email saying I had matched status within 20 minutes.  

(I'm VIFP Gold, which got me Silver; so I don't think it gives me much, but hey- nice of MSC to offer it. An amazing first impression.)

• Like 1

Status matched Hilton Diamond to MSC Diamond. Just used a screenshot of the Hilton Diamond status online card, pasted to a Word doc, then uploaded the word doc when prompted in the status match online form. The status match approval took about 5 minutes. Immediately after, we booked a cruise and the diamond status is showing as our tier level for the cruise. 🙂

When I did my match a couple years ago, I used my Azamara status and received Diamond on MSC.  Last week I submitted the form for my DH, who is the same level as I am on Azamara, and he was only matched to Silver.  Looks like I need to contact Voyagers Club and find out why the discrepancy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hiccups said:

When I did my match a couple years ago, I used my Azamara status and received Diamond on MSC.  Last week I submitted the form for my DH, who is the same level as I am on Azamara, and he was only matched to Silver.  Looks like I need to contact Voyagers Club and find out why the discrepancy.

Just so long as that doesn't result in you being "downgraded" to Silver!

Tom

• Like 2

22 hours ago, hiccups said:

I matched Azamara Discoverer to MSC Diamond just a few days ago.

• Thanks 2

On 1/18/2023 at 8:00 PM, RichYak said:

I matched Azamara Discoverer to MSC Diamond just a few days ago.

Just to add one more data point. My wife did the same--Azamara Discoverer to MSC Diamond. Both requests took only hours. Neither of us had a Voyager's Club account prior, so these were simultaneous new account creations complete with matching.

It seems odd that Diamond on Carnival does not "match" to higher than Gold (I'd think it would be Diamond). The term "Status Match" thus is not entirely accurate.

Also, looking at the MSC page, it shows a type of progress bar and indicates "5700 points
to reach Black Level"... ok... so what's Black Level ??

Tom