Bottled Water

rhinomike

No. 

NCL: Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula; and fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded at the security check-point, on embarkation day and at any port of call. This revised policy brings the company in line with other best practice travel security protocols and reduces the need for individual time consuming screening and package inspection of large volumes of beverages.

The not cheapest way is to buy a case of 1 liter bottles: https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/bottled-water-packages

6-pack (1-liter bottles) $14.95
12-pack (1-liter bottles) $27.95
24-pack (1-liter bottles) $44.95

The cheapest way is to drink tap water on the ship. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Junky said:

Is there a special water bottle refiller in the Buffet? Most cruise lines do not want you refilling anything from those places. 

Nope, but there is a sign asking you to use a glass to refill it. Water is my primary beverage, and the water is good. I won’t drink tap water at home.

3 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Is there a special water bottle refiller in the Buffet? Most cruise lines do not want you refilling anything from those places. 

You just take a glass, fill it with water, and dump it in your personal cup/bottle. Repeat until full. Add ice if you're feeling fancy. Tried and true method 100% guaranteed to work on any cruise line. :classic_cool:

3 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

There should be, but I haven't seen them on my cruises.  You can fill at the buffet, if you use a glass to fill your water bottle.  Even though some idiots do it, never fill your water bottle directly from the faucet.

2 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Nope, but there is a sign asking you to use a glass to refill it. Water is my primary beverage, and the water is good. I won’t drink tap water at home.

Great, I know the specific water bottle refill stations are getting popular, just wondered if they had one.  We'd be bringing our Corksicles.

15 hours ago, rhinomike said:

May family drinks lots of bottled water.  Can we carry on a case or two of bottled water?  If not what is the cheapest way to get bottled water?  Thank you.  

Can you? , of course you can assuming you are strong enough to carry it.  re you allowed to, nope.  Cheapest way to have bottled water on the cruise is to buy a plastic bottle, bring it on board and fill it up as often as needed.   There is free water available all over the ship.  Simply fill your bottle and go on your merry way!

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

You just take a glass, fill it with water, and dump it in your personal cup/bottle. Repeat until full. Add ice if you're feeling fancy. Tried and true method 100% guaranteed to work on any cruise line. :classic_cool:

This does get irritating since the glasses they have at the buffet are like 4 ounces. I do wish they would implement some Office style water coolers around ships. It would encourage people to hydrate more, which we know people need desperately.

2 hours ago, NLH Arizona said:

There should be, but I haven't seen them on my cruises.  You can fill at the buffet, if you use a glass to fill your water bottle.  Even though some idiots do it, never fill your water bottle directly from the faucet.

I envision the same problem/concern with those as they have with filling bottles from the water stations already on board.  I'd rather just use a glass as a transit vessel.  I just filled my bottle from the sink in my room, then I wasn't holding up a line and if your steward is on top of things you'll even have ice.

15 minutes ago, hallux said:

I envision the same problem/concern with those as they have with filling bottles from the water stations already on board.  I'd rather just use a glass as a transit vessel.  I just filled my bottle from the sink in my room, then I wasn't holding up a line and if your steward is on top of things you'll even have ice.

It takes a few glasses to fill my water bottle, so I'm not really holding up the line and if someone thinks I am, they can go to one of the other beverage stations in the buffet.

BTW, after my Breakaway cruise, after watching folks fill bottles directly from the faucet, I suggested to corporate that they rig the faucets with something, so the bottles can't touch the faucet, but I'm sure it went on deaf ears.

Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 1

Just now, Birdie And Sue said:

I merely answered the question asked.  It seems you left out the word "Making" as the first word in your post.

And you misspelled a word in your original drivel, professor. You're welcome.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flaminog said:

This does get irritating since the glasses they have at the buffet are like 4 ounces. I do wish they would implement some Office style water coolers around ships. It would encourage people to hydrate more, which we know people need desperately.

I stay plenty hydrated....BEER is 95% water....mixed drinks less so. 🙂