Coke freestyle machines

antsp

20 hours ago, space cowboy said:

Self serve soda machines would be great, it’ll free up the the bar staff, and hopefully the freestyle machines will have a better variety than the bar guns.

Except I'll be in the line behind 3 or 4 cruisers who's VCRs are still flashing 12:00,

who are trying to decide which of the 100 choices they want to select.

I thought some other lines offered self serve soft drinks by selling you a cup with an rfid chip.

Princess would have to do something like this, or, I suppose, rely on the honesty of their patrons.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwAk9-xQBrRaInur2Fzbq

Edited by pablo222

On 5/29/2019 at 5:38 AM, antsp said:

Burried in the terms and conditions of the the new drink packages, Princess announced coke freestyle machines coming soon. Can princess dumb down anymore 

Great!   More caffeine free choices. I’m happy to hear this! Does anyone know when this will start?   I’m hoping there is a freestyle machine on the royal princess this fall 😊   

• Like 1

I am not sure Princess will use the medallion for access to the machine.  These machines are made by Coke Cola and used everywhere.  They are set up to read a cup with an rfid chip.  We will have to wait and see how the Princess system will operate.

4 hours ago, famski740 said:

I am not sure Princess will use the medallion for access to the machine.  These machines are made by Coke Cola and used everywhere.  They are set up to read a cup with an rfid chip.  We will have to wait and see how the Princess system will operate.

I suspect they'll have a medallion sensor on the front of the unit.

Still nothing to keep anyone from borrowing a medallion to use for a refill. :classic_wink:

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Still nothing to keep anyone from borrowing a medallion to use for a refill. :classic_wink:

Not until they pair it with facial recognition software!!

36 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Then I'll just have to have my better half get soda's for everyone.  :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

3 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

Personal integrity?

Oh wait ... I forgot where I was...

and ...

On 5/29/2019 at 4:17 PM, Doug R. said:

I think some, not all, feel that the transaction is not adding to the tip pool. I need to clarify that this does not apply to all or even a majority of bartenders, just enough that I have noticed this behavior. I also wonder if with the medallion that the bartender will know you have the soda package and will not serve you until he/she has served the "revenue customers".

Am I wrong in thinking the soda package includes tips?

14 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

Am I wrong in thinking the soda package includes tips?

The Soda Package on Princess has always included tips.  But the tip was 15% (now 18%) of the package price.  So that would be about a dollar a day, and I certainly was under-tipping for the 10 or more sodas per day that the bartenders were feeding me!

Most of the time DH and I order ice water,  so far in 12 Princess cruises, we have never had a waiter or bartender roll their eyes or keep us waiting.  We do carry some $1s and $5s with us for tipping in the bars.