Packing question

I am thinking of bringing a foam topper with me on my cruise.  I am going to be packing it in a vacuum space bag but what I need to know from those out there with lots of packaging experience is how can I pack up my foam topper back in the space bag at the end of the cruise without some way to suck the air out of it, i.e. a vacuum?

Any ideas would be great fully appreciated.

15 minutes ago, maddycat said:

At the end of your cruise ask your cabin attendant to use his/her vacuum.

2 minutes ago, Midknightcowgirl said:

Sounds like a plan...I am sure they won’t mind (I hope). 

Just keep in mind that that will be turnaround day, so they will be quite busy, and perhaps difficult to track down.

Does the topper have its own bag that you are locked into using?  When we pack clothes in compression bags, we use the kind that you fill, zip up, then sit on to expel the air through the opposite channel.  Would that work?  There are some pretty big ones.

2 hours ago, Midknightcowgirl said:

Thanks for the pump tip KBYUCougar.  I think I’ll look into buy one as that way I can do it myself and not bother the cabin steward.

Anytime. Just make sure you practice beforehand as the pump adapters are not always the same size as the space bags. I have the Coleman pump and the fast deflate on the side can rest on top of the space bags hole I have shown here. The connection isn't the greatest as it doesn't snap into place like it would a vacuum or air mattress, but it works!

There are smaller pumps than the one I have shown. Be sure to have the right power source for the pump (battery or regular wall plug). The last thing you want is to buy a pump and find out on the cruise it plus into only a cigarette lighter outlet. 

EA725DFA-597A-4673-99C8-CD605BB14F4F.jpeg

F8B3AD9A-4CC3-4AE2-B942-0C11C785757F.jpeg

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Something like this or this.

For people with "princess and the pea" problems while sleeping. 😉

HA! Beds only issue if they were too soft. Have a Bad Back, multiple Surgeries, Disabled from Army. Even with that able sleep on a Hard Floor,

I packed a topper for our Transatlantic crossing last month. NO way was I risking a hard mattress for 16 nights - it would have been brutal for my back. At the end of the cruise I just left it behind on the bed. I have the exact same cabin next January. I wonder if it will still be there?