3 night meal plan question

MooNGaTe27

To be honest, I think there are better steaks in La Cucina and Le Bistro... Just got off the Star and had a fillet in all three... easily the worst steak of my cruise was Cagneys... so maybe diversity your restaurants, and sample fillets the French, Italian, and American way 

Edited by TheTides
Autocorrect

1 hour ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

thanks I love steak  so 3 nights it is 

The filet at Le Bistro is better than Cagney's. 

We actually cancelled our second night a Cagney's last month because it was sooooo bad. And ate a lovely steak at Le Bistro instead. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 5:05 PM, MooNGaTe27 said:

we have the 3 night meal plan but want to know can I eat in Cagney's steakhouse more that 1 night 

The meal plan does not limit where you can eat. Enjoy all three meals in Cagney's or split them up as you like.

6 hours ago, nikon photog said:

Better book early we had 4 dinners free and could only use 3 since we didn't want to eat at 9pm

When did you try to book?

I usually book sometime in the days after bookings open up, or soon after boarding the ship. I have never had any problem with getting the times and days that I wanted. I've certainly never eaten as late as 9pm (8pm would be a late booking for us).

4 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

This is our first time on NCL.  We will be on the Escape in August.  We had the 3 package deal and booked at La Cucina, Cagneys and Bayamo.   Are these good choices?   

Just got off the Escape this past Sunday and ate at all three of these restaurants. Had halibut at Bayamo, small filet at Cagney's and veal entre at LaCucina. All the meals were great. No complaints. We also ate at Teppanyaki, the Japanese hibachi restaurant. Food there was great also and our chef was very entertaining.

Side note: Don't miss the show Choir of Man. One of the best shows we have seen on a cruise. As soon as you board the Escape, go to the box office on deck 7 (forward) and book all of your shows because they fill up fast. Enjoy your cruise. You will love the Escape!

3 minutes ago, barb65 said:

Just got off the Escape this past Sunday and ate at all three of these restaurants. Had halibut at Bayamo, small filet at Cagney's and veal entre at LaCucina. All the meals were great. No complaints. We also ate at Teppanyaki, the Japanese hibachi restaurant. Food there was great also and our chef was very entertaining.

Side note: Don't miss the show Choir of Man. One of the best shows we have seen on a cruise. As soon as you board the Escape, go to the box office on deck 7 (forward) and book all of your shows because they fill up fast. Enjoy your cruise. You will love the Escape!

Thanks barb65.  Did not know that we had to book shows.  Will they have a list of the times they are shown at the box office?   Our reservations are at 7:30, 8:00 and 8:30 since that is all we could get.  Might try to get a little earlier once on board if that is possible.

So no walkups to shows?

Some people love planning everything in advance.  I think it depends on the ship if you need to get reservations ahead of time.  We were on Sun last week and most of the specialty restaurants were half empty each night.  We ate in Teppanyaki and Los Lobos by getting reservations last minute and at 7 and 730 times.  No need for any reservations on the Sun from what I can see.  Plenty of room open in shows.  The bigger ships with twice as many passengers is very different.