Princess, Buy $500 get $25 Free! :-)

SunNFunCruzer

20 hours ago, Tak8 said:

I've been buying Princess gift cards from my Kroger.  With 4x fuel points, I get a dollar off per gallon of gas and it works out a little better than the Princess offer.

Thank you for mentioning this.  Our Kroger just started stocking the Princess gift cards and with the 4X fuel points on them, I'll be purchasing this week!

I had paid off most of the November cruise with MOM50 promo but added in a October one 1st. So paid off balance of Oct / Nov/ + 75 OBC for October from the final 500 card. 

Soooooo..... what happens to unused purchased OBC? 

I was able to buy 2 online, then others said unable and to call Princess. I called and agent put 2 more through, then she got shut down. Already received one, one that was processed by customer service. How many has anyone else been able to purchase at one time and how long did it take to receive them? I booked today and need 7, if I can get them.

Mahalo

6 hours ago, amypete said:

I'm in the process of buying a bunch of these. 5 so far, so that's $125 in bonus! No problems with getting the DAD25 code to work, you just have to always use a $500 card. Not sure my TA will enjoy doing all of these for me to apply to my cruise, LOL, but I'll wait until a slooow time of day to call, if there is such a thing! 

Off to get a few more! Have payment due by June 30th so might as well get a slight reduction in that amount! And points on my Princess Visa! 

The bonus gift card (5%), and the Princess Visa (4% if you use it right) add up to a 9% value.  That is hard to beat!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yehootu said:

I was able to buy 2 online, then others said unable and to call Princess. I called and agent put 2 more through, then she got shut down. Already received one, one that was processed by customer service. How many has anyone else been able to purchase at one time and how long did it take to receive them? I booked today and need 7, if I can get them.

Mahalo

I bought 4, but 1 at a time. Have applied all 4 + 4 DAD25 cards. I bought 2 at 5:14am, 1 at 1:59pm, and last 1 at 2:03pm. I was able to apply 6 and part of the 7th to 2 upcoming cruises but needed to call Princess to use the balance of the 7th & the 8th $25 card applied. She was unable to pay off the October cruise in full so I still owe $15.11 there & have 75 OBC. I wanted them all applied ASAP

I mentioned the following during the Mothers Day gift card frenzy and I believe it bears repeating.

For everyone who is buying gift cards and applying them to your cruise fare and who also is buying travel insursnce, particulsrly 3rd party ... please contact that travel insurance company for guidance.

Some companies will not insure amounts paid with gift cards UNLESS you have a paper trail proving that you actually bought those cards and that you used them for your cruise fare.  

Do yourself a favor and find out what you might need to do now ... in case you need to file a claim.   Many insurance providers will not reimburse costs you paid with gift csrds that were given to you and not bought by you.

I investigated this a couple of years ago when I paid our entire 14-nt cruise fare with gift cards I had purchased at 10% off.

2 hours ago, Yehootu said:

Mahalo

I was able to buy 8. One at a time. 

Just a reminder, too, that the $25 comes as a separate email and may be in your spam if your can’t find it. That happened to me for the Mother’s Day gift card special and I think a few others. I sent these to my work email and that has an auto spam which I will check for the $25 gift cards as it cycles thru every 24 hours with the list of blocked emails. 

7 hours ago, Cruise Lover Kathy said:

I was just on the Princess site and the PF9...deal is over but the DAD25 is still working!

That's odd, the snapshot above says the PF9MD069 is good until 6/16... 

ETA "while supplies last" -- guess they must have run out of electrons.

Edited by crystalspin

Thanks everyone above! Although we (both) got the notice of the Father's Day Deal, I wouldn't have known how to purchase without the hand-holding of this thread!

I did purchase two: one from DH to me and one from me to DH. In separate transactions. With the same credit card. Since I booked at princess.com, I could go immediately and apply them to our balance via Cruise Personalizer. They all worked!

My Princess card shows 9 pending transactions, and I've only received 1. I tried the tracking and I ran out of them. I'll wait till tomm and see what happens. Mahalo for the replies. I have till 0800 Monday to pay for cruise, if I get the cards great, If not, I'm still going.

6 hours ago, Yehootu said:

My Princess card shows 9 pending transactions, and I've only received 1. I tried the tracking and I ran out of them. I'll wait till tomm and see what happens. Mahalo for the replies. I have till 0800 Monday to pay for cruise, if I get the cards great, If not, I'm still going.

For the Mothers day promo, we found out if you wait 24 hrs between transactions, they will go through. Otherwise, it seems you can only buy 2 cards at once.  

I currently have 3 purchased, 2 on one card and email address, and another on a second credit card and other email address. I will probably purchase at least one more before the promo is over if I am able.

I love the 5% "free money" from Princess, and I have 2 credits card that give 3% back from travel, once of which has zero interest on purchases till October. So loving these promos to pay for my upcoming cruises!

Question:  When I did the MOM50 thing the bonus card showed up in my shopping cart as soon as I hit the "apply" button. I've tried doing this DAD25 promo several times but when I hit "apply" the bonus card does not show up in my shopping cart. For those of you who have used this promo did the bonus card show up in your cart?  I don't want to proceed to payment without knowing the bonus card is there.

8 hours ago, flutprop said:

For the Mothers day promo, we found out if you wait 24 hrs between transactions, they will go through. Otherwise, it seems you can only buy 2 cards at once.  

I currently have 3 purchased, 2 on one card and email address, and another on a second credit card and other email address. I will probably purchase at least one more before the promo is over if I am able.

I love the 5% "free money" from Princess, and I have 2 credits card that give 3% back from travel, once of which has zero interest on purchases till October. So loving these promos to pay for my upcoming cruises!

Was told this same thing this AM. Seems if you put them in too quick, the online thinks you are a computer buyer and will reject you. The customer agent didn't know how often the computer runs a program to erase blocks. After spending 50 minutes on the phone this am with the promotional gift card folks, I hung up. I called back and got a KNOWLEDGEABLE person who told me the group I needed to contact about cards don't work on Sunday.

28 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Question:  When I did the MOM50 thing the bonus card showed up in my shopping cart as soon as I hit the "apply" button. I've tried doing this DAD25 promo several times but when I hit "apply" the bonus card does not show up in my shopping cart. For those of you who have used this promo did the bonus card show up in your cart?  I don't want to proceed to payment without knowing the bonus card is there.

Yes immediately and they both came thru on the same email. I actually have 4 emails received in that thread with a total of 8 cards (4 @ 500, 4 @ 25). FWIW: this time I bought all 4 with the same Visa, same email address, labeled to me / then FYI / then #3 / and finally #4. So apparently the computer doesn't care. 

I have 1 remaining cruise with a $2807 balance due by EOY. Does this repeat in December? 

Edited by Ombud

I have tried it with a plastic gift card and this is what I see AFTER I hit the "apply" button:

image.png.456281565982628b57d26bd46a12cedb.png

Then I tried it with a digital gift card and this is what I see AFTER I hit the "apply" button:

image.png.846bb7094bb145b6db293b13b2b92099.png

Nowhere does it show the bonus gift card. I've tried this numerous times with the same result. I don't get it...

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I have tried it with a plastic gift card and this is what I see AFTER I hit the "apply" button:

image.png.456281565982628b57d26bd46a12cedb.png

Then I tried it with a digital gift card and this is what I see AFTER I hit the "apply" button:

image.png.846bb7094bb145b6db293b13b2b92099.png

Nowhere does it show the bonus gift card. I've tried this numerous times with the same result. I don't get it...

I just tried it for $50, like you, no luck.  I tried $500, and it worked.  I didn't follow all the way through as I already purchased 4 at $500.  But  it seems like I could have ordered more.

Edited by 2 cruises a year

Thanks to 2 cruises a year pointing out my blindingly obvious idiocy (👍)  I have just successfully purchased four of the $500 gift cards and have received the email for the 4 bonus cards. I'll call Princess tomorrow and apply the four bonus cards as OBC on our October cruise - which is what I did with the bonus cards from the MOM50 promo as well. When its time to actually pay for the cruise I'll drop into my TAs office and hand him three $1,000 cards and four $500 cards. That won't pay off the cruise but it will certainly put a big dent in the final bill.

• Like 2

I called Princess this morning and attempted to apply my 4 bonus cards. I got someone who was pretty clueless. First she tried to do it as a $100 credit but, since it's 4 separate cards, she got confused and messed it up. She said "Don't worry" and the tried to cancel the transaction and start over with 4 separate transactions. We got two cards added but then she hit the ones she had already used and messed up. They now show no balance. GAH!!!

She said she would have to get hold of customer relations. I was on hold for another 20 minutes and then she came back and said nobody can fix it and I will need to wait a couple of days or so for the two cards to cycle through the cancellation and have the funds returned to them. I will call again in a couple of days and hope that I haven't just lost the $50 due to her not knowing how to do the transactions in the first place. Mind boggling. Really mind boggling. This was supposed to be a very simple and straight forward deal but she messed it up and it seems that nobody can fix it today.

I did 6 and $375 of #7 in the Cruise Personalizer myself. Then I had a problem so the lady at 1-800-Princess did the final $25 + the remaining $125 on the last $500 card. But I would have been able to do them all if not on the droid (Dad25s did not come thru # - /fyi/3/4) and didn't lose track

On 6/8/2019 at 6:23 PM, pms4104 said:

I mentioned the following during the Mothers Day gift card frenzy and I believe it bears repeating.

For everyone who is buying gift cards and applying them to your cruise fare and who also is buying travel insursnce, particulsrly 3rd party ... please contact that travel insurance company for guidance.

Some companies will not insure amounts paid with gift cards UNLESS you have a paper trail proving that you actually bought those cards and that you used them for your cruise fare.  

Do yourself a favor and find out what you might need to do now ... in case you need to file a claim.   Many insurance providers will not reimburse costs you paid with gift csrds that were given to you and not bought by you.

I investigated this a couple of years ago when I paid our entire 14-nt cruise fare with gift cards I had purchased at 10% off.

Thanks for this good advice.  I called my third party insurer and told them what I was planning and she asked "Steve" (for those who know who he is) and he said this would work as long as your paper trail shows credit to your account using the gift cards.

I purchased four $500 digital gift cards for my upcoming B2Bs and as the transaction went along, I made a screen print of each step.  I received two emails per transaction from Princess. One for the $500 and a separate one for the $25.   Each has a separate redemption number with a pin to apply to your balance.  I was able to credit my account with all four cards plus $100 from the four card bonus.  I had no problem with each one because I waited about 20 mins. after each purchase to add to my account.  I wanted the transaction to go through all the computer steps and by giving Princess time, they all went through. 

I hope this helps.  Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, seacrystal said:

Thanks for this good advice.  I called my third party insurer and told them what I was planning and she asked "Steve" (for those who know who he is) and he said this would work as long as your paper trail shows credit to your account using the gift cards.

I purchased four $500 digital gift cards for my upcoming B2Bs and as the transaction went along, I made a screen print of each step.  I received two emails per transaction from Princess. One for the $500 and a separate one for the $25.   Each has a separate redemption number with a pin to apply to your balance.  I was able to credit my account with all four cards plus $100 from the four card bonus.  I had no problem with each one because I waited about 20 mins. after each purchase to add to my account.  I wanted the transaction to go through all the computer steps and by giving Princess time, they all went through. 

I hope this helps.  Good luck everyone!

Glad my info was helpful to you 

I finally was able to finish up my purchase of 7 $500 cards. Put all on my Princess card and have gotten the $175.00 in bonus cards. I'll have to watch for the Mothers Day promo. Mahalo for the info.