coffee on the Summit

10 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

It's included in the premium beverage package, isn't it?

Yes.  It is also included with the classic beverage package.  I usually get many espressos there every day.

Edited by cruiserchuck
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

It's included in the premium beverage package, isn't it?

The speciality coffee drinks spiked with booze are in the premium package.  The espressos, lattes, etc. are covered under the classic package

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muffinz said:

Café Al Bacio is 10 times better than any starbucks - and is on most Celebrity Ships

Actually Cafe al Bacio is on all Celebrity ships.  I find that Starbucks beans are over roasted for my taste, but I like the Cafe al Bacio selections -- not air roasted but a nice compromise.  And the pastry and cake offerings are no additional charge to anyone, whether a beverage is ordered or not.

6 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Actually Cafe al Bacio is on all Celebrity ships.  I find that Starbucks beans are over roasted for my taste, but I like the Cafe al Bacio selections -- not air roasted but a nice compromise.  And the pastry and cake offerings are no additional charge to anyone, whether a beverage is ordered or not.

I don’t go to Starbucks for a cup of coffee. 😝  I go for cafe mochas, Frappuccinos, or other delicious treats. 

31 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I don’t go to Starbucks for a cup of coffee. 😝  I go for cafe mochas, Frappuccinos, or other delicious treats. 

And the treats at Cafe al Bacio are delicious! There is a case with various cakes and cookies at the counter that are complimentary to all passengers. You may have them there with your coffees and teas or take them to go to enjoy in your cabin.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Denny01 said:

The coffee is Lavazza, an Italian brand. I use their espresso pods at home and love it. 

Den

I love Lavazza.  I see they they make Nespresso compatible pods.  Thank you for the heads up!  And yes, I agree with others, the specialty coffee is great on the Summit and definitely beats Starbucks.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I’m not familiar with Lavazza. 

Lavazza as stated is an Italian brand and quite good.  All the coffee served on Celebrity ships is Lavazza, however it's especially great at al Bacio since it's freshly made to order.  I'm going to have to agree with others, I prefer it over Starbucks any day.  I know you didn't ask, but the teas are also very nice at Cafe al Bacio.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cocobakerchica said:

The speciality coffee drinks spiked with booze are in the premium package.  The espressos, lattes, etc. are covered under the classic package

The liquors that are still in the Classic such as Kahlua and Tia Maria can also be had in a specialty coffee under the Classic.