HELP - Enchantment of the Seas

I am currently sailing on Enchantment of the Seas in a Junior Suite. We have not had air conditioning since we left Galveston on Monday 6/24. Does anyone have an email contact for someone In Cooperate who might care that their passengers are suffering. Can someone advise if this is a violation of the cruise contract. I just can’t imagine that they are allowed to keep us in these rooms in the middle of the Caribbean with no air.  I am a Diamond member I realize things go wrong but this is just awful and the customer care has been non existent. 

1 hour ago, sksadams said:

I am currently sailing on Enchantment of the Seas in a Junior Suite. We have not had air conditioning since we left Galveston on Monday 6/24. Does anyone have an email contact for someone In Cooperate who might care that their passengers are suffering. Can someone advise if this is a violation of the cruise contract. I just can’t imagine that they are allowed to keep us in these rooms in the middle of the Caribbean with no air.  I am a Diamond member I realize things go wrong but this is just awful and the customer care has been non existent. 

email Richard Fain rfain at rccl dot com

Michael Bayley mbayley at rccl for com 

Edited by travelplus
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sksadams said:

Try social media, they seem to react to that quickly.

10 hours ago, sksadams said:

Is this ship wide,  certain  decks or just your cabin?

we are sailing soon and would be interested to know.

Wow, not good.  We were on Enchantment 6/14-6/19 in a JS on deck 8.  We noticed an A/C issue one day, let our Cabin Steward know, and it was very promptly taken care of and had no further issues...we would have been very unhappy if it lasted, as I am sure you and other passengers are.  I echo the comment to take to social media, as well as Guest Services/Hotel Director.

It’s just deck 8 aft port side. I am not sure if starboard is having the same problem. Suppose to be meeting with hotel director at 5:00 so we will see. I hate to spend my whole vacation complaining but no ac in the Caribbean is no fun and no way to spend hard earned money. 

16 hours ago, tvo7 said:

has this been fixed.  We will be leaving next week and will be in a grand suite on same floor

It is just one zone in the boat that is not working at all. It’s in the aft part of the boat affecting several decks and rooms. If your room is in the middle to front of the ship you should be fine. But air doesn’t work real well in several guest areas. Sometimes it’s freezing other times you are roasting. This ship needs an update very very badly. 

1 hour ago, sksadams said:

It is just one zone in the boat that is not working at all. It’s in the aft part of the boat affecting several decks and rooms. If your room is in the middle to front of the ship you should be fine. But air doesn’t work real well in several guest areas. Sometimes it’s freezing other times you are roasting. This ship needs an update very very badly. 

Thanks for the update. Sorry you have had to deal with this.

We have found zones unbalanced on many ships and have always said the room thermostats are only a placebo and that there is an overall controlar but it sounds like you have had a much bigger problem than norm.

Hopefully they are working on it?

i seem to remember a similar situation reported on the Anthem not so long ago?

2 hours ago, George C said:

Yikes, can’t imagine what rooms without balconies are like, hope you get compensation, like a free cruise.

Ask someone to show you an inside cabin some time, no imagination required.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mugtech said:

I have spent 2 weeks in an Interior Cabin and had no issues. It was pure bliss sleeping in a dark and cool environment. Got some good zzzzs. However I much prefer an Oceanview Cabin but will take an Inside cabin rather than staying at home.

For my next cruise my Parents and I have an Interior Guarantee for the first week and an OceanView for the next 15 nights. If we get upgraded whether via RoyalUP or under the GTY fine but if not were happy with the Interior as we can explore the ship and are on a port intensive itinerary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mugtech said:

I have done dozens of inside rooms but not in decades , my point was without air it must be horrible. Rccl has always listed to us and compensated us for issues that were minor compared to this. 

4 hours ago, mugtech said:

I think you misunderstood why they brought this up.

Portions of the ship don't have a/c 

If you have a room with a balcony, you have a big sliding glass door you can open and get air.

If you have an inside, outside, or anything else without an big sliding door, you have no a/c and no way to bring in cool sea air from outside.

The poster was saying   they would hate to be in a room with no balcony.... meaning a room with no circulating air.

This post is about broken a/c   not how comfortable inside cabins are.

• Like 4

Is there an update to this no a/c situation? Did it get resolved? We're sailing in about 3 weeks, JS on 8 midship so it sounds like it's not in this area. But, our friends (first time cruisers?!?!) are on deck 7 aft port side....exactly where i think the problem area is???? I don't want to scare them off of cruising forever, but being in a hot cabin in the middle of the Caribbean in July might do it to anybody!!!!

59 minutes ago, sewingmolly said:

We’re in Galveston, waiting to get on the Enchantment.  We’re in an aft cabin on deck 7, so I’ll know soon if we have a problem.  

Good luck! When we are on Enchantment last November out of Port Canaveral our room was an oven when we boarded and wasn't cooling down. Finally after a couple of calls they got it fixed on the first day but can't imagine not having it. To the person that posted about avoiding the caribbean during the summer forget it. It can be unbearable in the winter also.