Live from constellation 6/28 Venice to Rome

ghstudio

What time was the sailaway from Venice? - we are in Infinity in late August and our sailaway has been pushed back to 5.30pm.  We have Dining fixed at 6pm - I'm guessing the first night will be very quiet in the MDR with many preferring to watch the sailaway.

On 6/29/2019 at 8:44 AM, ghstudio said:

Our CD is Alejandro.....upbeat, fun....well liked....weve sailed with him before.

more later...any questions??

Thank you for the review - considering this itinerary in the fall.

Alejandro is hilarious....any chance you can find out when he's there until??

Rijeka...we are docked at the container port instead of normal dock, but shuttle buses a free.  Nice city for walking...no bargains, but you can sit on main pedestrian street and have a drink, etc.  not worth a trip, but ok for a day.  

Show last night was very good...party afterwards at rendezvous lounge. Full, but emptied relatively quickly.  Alejandro always looks half crazed but he seems to be everywhere, as always.  

We had the captains party without the captain.  We were passing through islands so he had to stay on the bridge.  Weird scheduling!  

Edited by ghstudio

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:18 AM, ghstudio said:

Made me miss mutant restaurant

I like the style of your review & your comments about typing on a small keyboard made me smile - Connie is my favourite ship.

I was hoping someone else would ask - but what is a mutant restaurant :classic_smile:

11 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

My iPad apparently thinks that when you type Murano, you meant to type mutant😀

Mine changed cocktail to cockroach a few days ago...just spotted before posting! I always find I type better when I make the most of the drinks package...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Went to the port talk....as expected it was shopping talk. The young man giving the talk spoke about celebrity guaranteeing purchases at the recommended stores.  After the talk,  quietly spoke. With him and suggested that celebrity actually offered no guarantee and that if he read the disclaimer on the shopping map he handed out, he’d see that the guarantee and any issues are between the buyer and his company, not celebrity.  He insisted it was a partnership and celebrity stood behind the guarantee.  I smiled and suggested that he be a bit careful.  Buyer beware...it’s the contract not the words...

• Haha 1

Concierge towels and bathrobes are excellent. Daily hors doevers are much better.  You couldn’t ask for nicer staff.  Bartenders work with you to tailor drinks.  Beds and pillows are good.  This ship has celebrity bones...I would have no qualms about recommending the Constellation to a good friend. 

Edited by ghstudio

Merci pour ce retour que je suis attentivement.

On va faire notre 1ère croisière sur célébrity, après 4 sur Msc en yacht club, donc on va embarquer sur le constellation le 6 août au départ de Venise vers les îles grecques 

On sera dans la cabine 11031, j'espère qu'elle sera calme.

On a le forfait classique, l agence nous a dit que le verre serait jusqu'à 10€?

On boit peu d'alcool mais on aime les bon café et les boissons originales et moi les vins blancs de temps à autres, 

Est-ce qu'avec notre forfait on sera satisfait où il faudrait que l'on passe en premium?

On a l'habitude en yacht club d'avoir un all-inclusive (boisson et mini bar)

Dernière question auriez-vous les tarifs de la blanchisserie ?

Merci pour le temps que vous passez à répondre à nos questions et des astuces que vous nous donnerez

On a réservé avant nous aussi à l'hôtel olympia qui viendra nous chercher à l'aéroport 

Si vous aller A Barcelone ne manquait pas la sagrada familia et la rambla c'est splendide 

Rome nous avons fait le tour de la ville avec une guide qui viens nous chercher au port on a adoré pour 50€/personne, elle parle français et anglais 

Bonne croisière 

I realized last night that, unlike most other celebrity cruises we have taken, there are very very few passengers in wheelchairs or even walkers...I don’t think I’ve seen more than one and it was a younger passenger very adeptly maneuvering in a manual chair.

the regular show last night, a sax player and his wife singer was missable...unfortunately we went.  The prior night Frankie valley quartet was, however, very good.  We haven’t attended any production company shows.  

I had the everyday strip steak last night...none of the regular items appealed to me.  I should have known better..it was terrible..cooked well, but just awful quality meat.  I should have just had four appetizers and called it dinner.  I have been enjoying the carbenairre (surely spelled wrong) wine....on the classic package.  We have eaten in four different areas of the dining room and the wine and food service have all been top notch.

Should you get the urge to order a glass of port after your meal on the classic package...resist😩

Edited by ghstudio

On 7/1/2019 at 4:59 AM, Shadow9612 said:

Thank you for the review - considering this itinerary in the fall.

Alejandro is hilarious....any chance you can find out when he's there until??

When we were on last month he said he would see us on our b2 b at the end of September/ October

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ghstudio said:

I realized last night that, unlike most other celebrity cruises we have taken, there are very very few passengers in wheelchairs or even walkers...I don’t think I’ve seen more than one and it was a younger passenger very adeptly maneuvering in a manual chair.

the regular show last night, a sax player and his wife singer was missable...unfortunately we went.  The prior night Frankie valley quartet was, however, very good.  We haven’t attended any production company shows.  

I had the everyday strip steak last night...none of the regular items appealed to me.  I should have known better..it was terrible..cooked well, but just awful quality meat.  I should have just had four appetizers and called it dinner.  I have been enjoying the carbenairre (surely spelled wrong) wine....on the classic package.  We have eaten in four different areas of the dining room and the wine and food service have all been top notch.

Should you get the urge to order a glass of port after your meal on the classic package...resist😩

We had the same experience on last months b2b, a lot younger folks on both cruises a few more family’s and a nice up beat atmosphere! Like you food wasn’t great but service was very good. Still one of our favourite ships and looking forward to our Autumn cruises on her! Enjoy the rest of your trip. Dianne

13 hours ago, Choisic said:

On va faire notre 1ère croisière sur célébrity, après 4 sur Msc en yacht club, donc on va embarquer sur le constellation le 6 août au départ de Venise vers les îles grecques 

On boit peu d'alcool mais on aime les bon café et les boissons originales et moi les vins blancs de temps à autres, 

Est-ce qu'avec notre forfait on sera satisfait où il faudrait que l'on passe en premium?

Merci pour le temps que vous passez à répondre à nos questions et des astuces que vous nous donnerez

On a réservé avant nous aussi à l'hôtel olympia qui viendra nous chercher à l'aéroport 

Si vous aller A Barcelone ne manquait pas la sagrada familia et la rambla c'est splendide 

Rome nous avons fait le tour de la ville avec une guide qui viens nous chercher au port on a adoré pour 50€/personne, elle parle français et anglais 

Bonne croisière 

Can someone translate, please?

Just back from Dubrovnik .. had 100 kuna left...went to a liquor store at the port and bought bottle of grappa....boarded ship...put bottle through the scanner...they could care less.....took it to our cabin.

I am not techie enough to use on-line translators, but if my high school French serves me well enough I can paraphrase most of it:

Thank you for your review, I am following it with interest. We are cruising for the first time on Celebrity after 4 cruises on MSC in the Yacht Club. We’ll embark in Venice on 4 August for the Greek Isles. We’ll be in cabin 11031 and hope it will be quiet. We were told by our travel agent the Classic package covers drinks up to 10Euro. We drink only a little alcohol but do enjoy specialty drinks and coffee, and I like white wine now and then. Do you think our package would be sufficient or should I upgrade to Premium? We have gotten used to the yacht club which is all inclusive with a minibar. Our last question is do you know the prices for laundry? Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions and give advice. We also reserved the Hotel Olympia in Venice; they will pick us up at the airport. If you are going to Barcelona, don’t miss La Sagrada Familia and Las Ramblas— they are splendid. In Rome we did a city tour with a guide who picked us up at the port and spoke French and English for 50 Euro per person.

Happy Cruising

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Can someone translate, please?

Thank you for this feedback that I am attentive.
We will do our first cruise on celebrity, after 4 on Msc yacht club, so we will embark on the constellation on August 6 from Venice to the Greek islands
We will be in cabin 11031, I hope it will be calm.
We have the classic package, the agency told us that the glass would be up to 10 €?
We drink little alcohol but we like the good coffee and the original drinks and I the white wines from time to time,
With our package we will be satisfied where it should be spent in premium?
We are used in yacht club to have an all-inclusive (drink and mini bar)
Last question would you have laundry rates?
Thank you for your time answering our questions and tips you'll give us

We booked before us too at the Hotel Olympia who will pick us up at the airport

If you go to Barcelona did not miss the sagrada familia and rambla it is splendid
Rome we went around the city with a guide who pick us up at the port we loved for 50 € / person, she speaks french and english
Have a good cruise

16 hours ago, Choisic said:

Bonne croisière 

Salut 🙂

Constellation - un grand bateau - et on s'amuse bien avec Celebrity.

Pour les cafés spéciaux visite Cafe al Bacio (avec les patisseries gratuits!) Avec le forfait classique  on peut y prendre les cafés. Aussi il y a une selection de vins. Je crois que si vous ne buvez pas beaucoup d'alcool..... achètez le forfait classique. Prend soin.... le mini bar au cabin ne sont pas gratuit! Tout le monde doit payer! Hélas je ne connais pas le tarif re la blanchisserie. 

Excuse svp les fautes de vocabulaire et de la grammaire..... je n'ai pas assez d'opportunités pour pratiquer le français 😞 

Bon voyage en aout !! 

2 hours ago, HelenREMfan said:

Salut 🙂

Constellation - un grand bateau - et on s'amuse bien avec Celebrity.

Pour les cafés spéciaux visite Cafe al Bacio (avec les patisseries gratuits!) Avec le forfait classique  on peut y prendre les cafés. Aussi il y a une selection de vins. Je crois que si vous ne buvez pas beaucoup d'alcool..... achètez le forfait classique. Prend soin.... le mini bar au cabin ne sont pas gratuit! Tout le monde doit payer! Hélas je ne connais pas le tarif re la blanchisserie. 

Excuse svp les fautes de vocabulaire et de la grammaire..... je n'ai pas assez d'opportunités pour pratiquer le français 😞 

Bon voyage en aout !! 

Hi 🙂

Constellation - a great boat - and have fun with Celebrity.
For special coffees visit Cafe al Bacio (with free pastries!) With the classic package you can have coffee. Also there is a selection of wines. I think if you do not drink a lot of alcohol ..... buy the classic package. Take care .... the mini bar in the cabin are not free! Everyone has to pay! Alas I do not know the tariff re laundry.

Please excuse the vocabulary and grammar mistakes ..... I do not have enough opportunities to practice French 😞

Have a nice trip in August !!

• Like 1

Desole if translations is hard to understand I use Reverso

as much I can understand spoken English as I am unable to write without using tractors

thank you for answering my questions in English and French

I want to say that your French is perfect, I am very far from your level in English, I very much appreciate your effort

Amicalement 😉

Une française, future croisiéristes célébrity 😇

• Like 2

We have been invited to the helipad for the sail away from kotor....just a wonderful city to visit and walk around.  Very smooth tendering...only a short distance.  Seas continue to be like cruising on a lake....we feel no movement...if you were in an inside cabin you would not be able to tell if we were docked or moving.  

For those afraid they will run out of scrap paper for notes, we have received two envelopes under our door inviting us to special park west events and one note about a Fabrege egg event.

for those with classic drink packages.... a aperolol spritz is $1 over the limit but a compari spritz is covered. Makes no sense...but it is what it is.  Manhattan, old fashion, negroni, rob roy with any classic package brand is covered as is a Titos Bloody Mary.  I haven’t asked about rum drinks....sorry.

Edited by ghstudio